• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Options for Self-Aid Kit

DeletedUser38302

Dear Inno,

While searching around the city to find coins and supplies, I regularly find Self-Aid Kits. I have 5 different cities and have an average of 30 kits for each city because I never use them and don't need them. Could you make it possible to trade in these kits and other things we don't need/use for forge points? They seem to be the more valuable items found when looking, so I think a fair value for each one traded in would be 5 forge points for each Self-Aid Kit.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

Sincerely,
Ed Butler

DeletedUser

Proposals need to be in proper format. You can find the proper format in this thread:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/
You can change the original post to the proper format using the Edit button. Pending proper format, I am moving this thread to Forge Hall for discussion. If you have questions about this or about why the proper format is needed, you may PM me. You can do this by clicking on my name and going to my profile page and click on "Start a Conversation". I will respond usually within 24 hours.

If/when you put the proposal in proper format, post a message here with my name in this form: @Stephen Longshanks and I will move it back to the Proposals section of the Forum.

Super Catanian

This has been proposed somewhat before; being able to trade items in the inventory for more useful ones.
Everyone disliked that.

5 forge points for each Self-Aid Kit
If that were to be implemented, people could make heaps of Forge Points.

Also, the DNSL says the following.
Do not suggest list

• Building rotation
  • Server Clock
  • Bronze Age, Arctic Future, or Oceanic Future in GvG
  • Any Unit Upgrades
  • Anything that is already available through Diamond purchase
  • Anything changing the production times for supplies, coin, units, etc.
  • Changes regarding Diamonds (costs of items and features, package prices, use of diamonds, etc.).
  • Suggestions to change size of Forge Point Bar (100+)
  • Trading between resources (supplies for coin, coin for medals, etc.)
  • Any proposal to alter, delete, or limit plundering
  • Additional expansions in any way
  • Ability to prioritize which buildings in your city you want aided first
  • Do not place a proposal up for voting of any kind
  • Other languages forbidden (must have English translation)
  • Bringing computer functions to mobile devices
  • Any improvements to Inno itself (staff and new servers)

Although the Self-Aid Kit is not a resource, it is still an item.
However, I'll still let you continue discussing this proposal, although I doubt it will even get anywhere.

-1 BIG NO.

DeletedUser37581

Dear Inno,

While searching around the city to find coins and supplies, I regularly find Self-Aid Kits. I have 5 different cities and have an average of 30 kits for each city because I never use them and don't need them. Could you make it possible to trade in these kits and other things we don't need/use for forge points? They seem to be the more valuable items found when looking, so I think a fair value for each one traded in would be 5 forge points for each Self-Aid Kit.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

Sincerely,
Ed Butler
An Incident that yields a Motivation Kit is Uncommon. Uncommon Incidents can sometimes also yield 2 FPs. Rare Incidents can yield 5 FPs.

In any case, some people do find Motivation Kits useful.

Emberguard

920 FPs + whatever the mass version would be worth? Man if this became a thing I'd have at least a 1k FPs in my inventory just sitting there. BTW I'm actually in need of these kits now. Too many SoKs xD
upload_2019-3-22_23-42-13.png

DeletedUser36572

There is a delete item button on each item in your inventory for a reason. If you don’t like the free stuff they allow you to acquire, you are free to dispose it.

RazorbackPirate

-1 No.

I also have way more Self Aid Kits than I need, but I always seem to find a use for them.
  • During events when I get the inevitable days where a few production buildings are missing a motivation at collection.
  • Since working on my Arc, I've neglected my HS. As population has increased with the last few event buildings, my happy is now right on the edge and all my special happy buildings, even Zanni, need to be polished for my peeps to be enthused. So I'll use one as needed, right before or even during collection.
  • When DC forces me to pull some production buildings off of 24 hour production to complete production tasks, I'll Self Aid to ensure maximum supplies from each run for the next 24 hours. This helps complete a few extra 'Collect x supplies" RQs and UBQs, effectively turning those Self Aid Kits into goods and FPs.
  • 1 ea. Mass Self Aid Kit + 4 ea. 6-Hour Supply Rush = Double dipping my city. I collect my 24 hour productions, reset them for 24 hours, apply a Mass Self Aid, apply 4 Supply Rushes, then collect my city again. Again, turning those consumables into more supplies for more RQs, for more goods and FPs.
There are plenty of existing ways to turn unneeded and unwanted consumables into more valuable resources. You just need to be creative and think outside the box.

DeletedUser38247

Building rotation would be nice to think about but everything else -1