• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Outdated AD items

NWWolverine

It's so strange to see the older highly desirable buildings offered in the AD now and see how weak they are compared to today's offerings. Inno needs to drastically update what's offered there and delete a lot of what it now offers.

Frostblade

Kind of ironic to complain about "outdated" items offered by the Antiques Dealer, don't you think?
I was under impression that "Antiques Dealer" buys antiques and sells more desirable stuff in exchange which is the point of selling outdated stuff to AD,
rather than selling garbage to get another garbage back which makes no sense.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

I was under impression that "Antiques Dealer" buys antiques and sells more desirable stuff in exchange which is the point of selling outdated stuff to AD,
rather than selling garbage to get another garbage back which makes no sense.
No offense, but that doesn't make any sense. It's more like "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Not to mention that it doesn't actually resell what it buys from you. An antique dealer in real life doesn't buy old stuff and sell you newer stuff. Think of it more like a thrift store. Everything going in and out is used. Also, if you want a new car you don't go to a used car lot.

The other consideration nowadays, of course, is that some of these "outdated" buildings are getting facelifts with the new Golden Upgrades.

Expletive Deleted

It has been a while since they really updated the AD. I have a feeling this is due to the creation of epic selection kits.

I am hoping that soon all the items that appear in the selection kits will be consolidated as the kits being sold in AD to create more opportunities to let the new-ish stuff that is more desirable to show up.

Johnny B. Goode

By the way, as the original poster here, I am a new city and most of what's offered is trash. My point was that the older colossus and bakery, etc are so mediocre now with what Inno's giving in new events. It is an antique dealer, but usually, antiques have good value, even to very well off people. Some spice every now and then, would help
Have you been to an antique mall lately? 99% of it is crap, except to collectors. I only buy BPs and Wishing Wells (and WW fragments) and the occasional 2/6 hour supply rushes. If they gave decent stuff in the AD there would be less incentive to participate in events. And events obviously mean money to Inno, just read the event feedback threads here. I doubt there is any significant number of players spending money/Diamonds in the AD. People complained for years about all the useless stuff in Inventory, so Inno gave them a place to sell it. Occasionally you can find something you feel is worth buying/bidding on, but I think the big thing from Inno's point of view is that it pretty much stopped the complaining about excess inventory stuff. (Of course, then they went all in on fragments, so I guess it's a case of be careful what you ask for.)

Ironrooster

I check every day but buy little.

The events frequently offer recent event building upgrades/selection kits plus the Epic selection kits. That's where I get the ones worth having (and some that are not).

But I hang on to them all on the chance that a golden upgrade will appear.

planetofthehumans2

It'd be nice if they did update it and got rid of the decos and units. Totally useless, a lot of people have millions of coins and nothing to use them on. Put big prices in there for big coins.

Johnny B. Goode

if useful items are not offered in the AD then it is pointless to have it, don't you think? lol
Well, useful is in the eye of the beholder. For those who don't max out event prizes, you can get some decent items in the AD, especially if you're patient. In other words, the average player who doesn't get the max upgrades in events and doesn't buy the $ prize lines and doesn't use Diamonds to complete the calendar and doesn't use Diamonds to get into Gold League, can get buildings that will improve their cities. You know, players who spend most of their time on real life stuff instead of maximizing the game.

planetofthehumans2

Well, useful is in the eye of the beholder. For those who don't max out event prizes, you can get some decent items in the AD, especially if you're patient. In other words, the average player who doesn't get the max upgrades in events and doesn't buy the $ prize lines and doesn't use Diamonds to complete the calendar and doesn't use Diamonds to get into Gold League, can get buildings that will improve their cities. You know, players who spend most of their time on real life stuff instead of maximizing the game.
Actually they update the event price box faster than they do the dealer (they've only updated it one time since introduction), so you just have to wait for the next time they do that event - not the dealer totally useless and filled with garbage.

jaymoney23456

I had the main event building won and then some with no diamonds and I spent half the event on vacation where I spend maybe 5 min a day on the game -if you know how to play its still very doable to get the main prizes from events and they are way better than anything the auction spits out lol

Johnny B. Goode

Actually they update the event price box faster than they do the dealer
If you're talking about the $ prize lines (there's no such term as "price box"), then that's irrelevant to my point about F2P players. Not to mention that they've updated the items in the AD more than just once.
I had the main event building won and then some with no diamonds and I spent half the event on vacation where I spend maybe 5 min a day on the game -if you know how to play its still very doable to get the main prizes from events and they are way better than anything the auction spits out lol
The main prize, yes, but that's not the point of my post. Read it again. I talk about the $ prize lines and the calendar, not specifically the main event building (which, by the way, you can't get maxed out immediately unless you spend Diamonds or cash. Maxed out meaning Gold level.)

planetofthehumans2

If you're talking about the $ prize lines (there's no such term as "price box"), then that's irrelevant to my point about F2P players. Not to mention that they've updated the items in the AD more than just once.

The main prize, yes, but that's not the point of my post. Read it again. I talk about the $ prize lines and the calendar, not specifically the main event building (which, by the way, you can't get maxed out immediately unless you spend Diamonds or cash. Maxed out meaning Gold level.)
Every event the past year (?) has had all of the event prices except the current year in a box that was a daily special or price in the line you could get.

You're gonna need the posts for proof, there's only been one update to the prices at least in the past few years. So you're better off getting the building you want from the next event where it was offered from the price boxes.