• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Pagoda levels

DeletedUser38766

It's not +6/+6 attack bonus, it's +6/+0 while attacking (your offensive battles) and +0/+6 while defending (city defense only). This is the same form all non-GB military boost takes.

I'd personally take the attack boost if your intention is to be into combat heavily and to advance at a reasonable pace. If you plan to play the GB game primarily and drag your heels then the FP one will give you a bit more of a head-start on your GBs but in the long run one event building won't matter much.

Aah I didn't know it worked like that for non-GB military boost. I am leaning towards earth pagoda just because if I can level up my GBs faster, then I can get that attack boost as well. But I guess, for those who already have a high level arc, fire pagoda might be the way to go

- KQ -

It's not +6/+6 attack bonus, it's +6/+0 while attacking (your offensive battles) and +0/+6 while defending (city defense only). This is the same form all non-GB military boost takes.

I'd personally take the attack boost if your intention is to be into combat heavily and to advance at a reasonable pace. If you plan to play the GB game primarily and drag your heels then the FP one will give you a bit more of a head-start on your GBs but in the long run one event building won't matter much.

Good points. I didn't have much, if any military capability when Guild Expeditions first started. I built military buildings to fight through GE as much as possible to save goods. Once I reached Colonial Age, I had plenty of goods, but I still kept fighting GE more as a challenge than to save goods. Now I can fight my way through GE, but I like the challenge of negotiating in GE and negotiate the last half of GE.

If I was building my city from scratch I'd build a Castel del Monte for it's attack boost and level it up instead of building both a Cathedral of Aachen and a Castel del Monte. I've got plenty of coins and I'd rather have the forge points from Castel del Monte. Having only one frees up space. I use Watchfires and Ritual Flames tucked into spaces I can't use for my City Defense. Zeus is also a good choice for Attack/Attacker Defense boost, plus it's small and cheap.

I love me some forge points ;)

DeletedUser38766

Good points. I didn't have much, if any military capability when Guild Expeditions first started. I built military buildings to fight through GE as much as possible to save goods. Once I reached Colonial Age, I had plenty of goods, but I still kept fighting GE more as a challenge than to save goods. Now I can fight my way through GE, but I like the challenge of negotiating in GE and negotiate the last half of GE.

If I was building my city from scratch I'd build a Castel del Monte for it's attack boost and level it up instead of building both a Cathedral of Aachen and a Castel del Monte. I've got plenty of coins and I'd rather have the forge points from Castel del Monte. Having only one frees up space. I use Watchfires and Ritual Flames tucked into spaces I can't use for my City Defense. Zeus is also a good choice for Attack/Attacker Defense boost, plus it's small and cheap.

I love me some forge points ;)

I don't have all that fancy stuff yet, I only have a zeus and a babel so far. But I do intend on getting more and more of FP giving GBs early on as much as I can

DeletedUser36624

Haha love these replies. It's all about what you want based on your gameplay xD
The whole point of this post was to reason why you want one over the other. And there are plenty of other ways to get both FP and attack bonuses, but the question here is in case of a pagoda, do the attack bonuses(+6%/6% for me in BA) outweigh the 2 extra FP or vice-versa?
That depends. :D

I fight a lot so the attack bonus does me a lot of good. I also snipe and self level, so most of my FP income is from outside my city (I also have no SoKs and no terrace farms). What is best for you depends on what your playstyle and goals are.

DeletedUser38653

I have won a Fire Pagoda, but I would like to know why I'm not getting more than one challenge per 24 hours?

If that's all there is, then fine, however for the last few days I have been "caught up" since then, because of the curve, I have slipped out of the Bronze League and into amateur.

If I've accomplished all challenges shouldn't I be in Gold League? Instead of slipping into amateur?

If someone can't win, then the game is rigged. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:

- KQ -

I have won a Fire Pagoda, but I would like to know why I'm not getting more than one challenge per 24 hours?

If that's all there is, then fine, however for the last few days I have been "caught up" since then, because of the curve, I have slipped out of the Bronze League and into amateur.

If I've accomplished all challenges shouldn't I be in Gold League? Instead of slipping into amateur?

Yes, it's rigged. It's rigged that if you buy extra opportunities with diamonds you end up in a higher league. The people that buy diamonds pay for all of the rest of us to play. It's not about completing the challenges to be in gold league; It's about how many times you get the special prize. You have to buy more opportunities with diamonds to do that.

You should check out the wiki entry on the game.

Only the top X% makes gold league. You'll have to spend diamonds to be there. And yes, there will be winners.

DeletedUser38653

Thanks. It sure takes a lot of the challenge out of it if you have to win by paying.

Sorry FoE, bad choice to make people pay to win. Maybe the contests should be labeled warning top prizes are only for paying customers?

UBERhelp1

Thanks. It sure takes a lot of the challenge out of it if you have to win by paying.

Sorry FoE, bad choice to make people pay to win. Maybe the contests should be labeled warning top prizes are only for paying customers?
Innogames (the developers of FoE) have to include choices for people to pay to get more prizes for the event. It would be impossible for any game company that produces free games to make them without any kind of IAPs (in app purchases) because they need money from those who do pay to pay the devs and keep producing a quality game.

You don't even need money to "win". There is no winning in this game.

Algona

Your fundamental understanding is wrong.

In FoE skill and time playing >>> money.

The players you will encounter in this game that are much more advanced then you are usually players who have spent a lot of time playing this game, not necessarilya a lot of money.

FoE is not a matter of winning by paying. All paying does is get you more faster. So what if someone gets more faster? They can't hurt you except in two areas, PvP and GvG. The former is easily mitigated, the latter requires a lot more then just throwing money at it.

Diamond players still have to learn to play the game, otherwise they throw away money.

And most important they pay for cheapskates like me, err, I mean freerollers like me to play the game.

Which makes me feel kinda bad when I kick the crap out of 10 Pagoda guy in GvG and PvP.

----------

So take the win, you got through the Event, you picked up a Grand Prize and hopefully a lot of other cool stuff for your city to help you advance your game state.

Fon;t worry about what others get, worry about what you do with what you have.

Otherwise you'll never be happy in this game.

DeletedUser38653

Thank you. Of course profit is the motive. Without it the game is gone.

However, having in past events been able to at least make Bronze league, I didn't realize how many diamonds you spent determined how high you went. However in this event, unless you spend diamonds, you can't get higher than amateur?

The curve is wrong.

- KQ -

If you spend some time here on the Forums, you'll see that it's a fairly common complaint that you have to spend money to win the highest spots. It comes up every event. The other thing that you'll get from the forums are the strategies to win the main prize for an event. The league awards are for the Diamond Players and that's their reward for paying the way for the rest of us. I don't begrudge them that.

Freshmeboy

Oz..a couple of the events, like the summer and winter event are geared towards diamond purchase because the gambling portion of the event is much higher than other events. That doesn't mean you can't win the grand prize in the normal course of play.These mid year events, however, are geared to those that log in daily and finish the quests...they get the grand prize. If your city is well designed and you play daily, you should have no issue with winning these prizes and trust me they are getting better as new events unfold . There was a time when the SoK was the definitive mark of fp per tile..that has been surpassed with these new events. Enjoy them for what they are: A gift from the devs for playing regularly and learning the subtleties of the game...

DeletedUser29726

Thank you. Of course profit is the motive. Without it the game is gone.

However, having in past events been able to at least make Bronze league, I didn't realize how many diamonds you spent determined how high you went. However in this event, unless you spend diamonds, you can't get higher than amateur?

The curve is wrong.

You're able to make the bronze league this event without paying - but it involves a choice. You can either avoid white leaps and make it to bronze if you collect all the free lanterns. Or you can take white leaps and have higher odds of making more daily specials. Either way you can finish a single level 7 pagoda which only takes 5 pond crossings + the rewards from the quest milestones - no league reward needed. If you want a second level 7 pagoda, well then you're going to have to spend some diamonds - and it's strongly recommended you finish in at least silver for +2 upgrades. You'll need 13 pond crossings total under those conditions - and i'd strongly recommend you avoid white leaps to reduce the diamond cost (my rough guesstimate is 8k diamonds for gold/silver leaps, 8.5k diamonds for silver/bronze leaps, and 13k diamonds for white/bronze leaps).

Agent327

Absolutely right.

You will never believe this but you are even blocked from the announcements telling you how it works.

They have it in for you!!!!

Emberguard

There are plenty of other beneficial ways to get attack and defense bonuses. I always go for the forge points. Earth Pagoda for me.
There are plenty of other beneficial ways to get forge points. I always go for the attack bonuses. Fire Pagoda for me.

Over a year the 2 FPs difference is worth 730FPs.

Is 7-12% attack worth 730FPs? The pagoda is going to compete with whatever the least desirable building in your city is at the time of placing future events once you run out of space. So some things will age better then others.

Then again a year from now both options might be junk :p

DeletedUser38090

I'm still stuck with a part finished Colossus.. lol
Which shows that you still don't understand the game well enough to make such claims that FoE is pay-to-win. If you play your cards correctly nowadays, it is doable to get every fully-upgraded event building (except maybe for Carnival). Instead of complaining, you have a lot of work to do in building your game expertise.

Emberguard

Look at the prizes of Gold and Silver League. 2 upgrades. In most events chances are you won't even be able to use those 2 upgrades at all unless you've spent diamonds to get an additional building and upgrades. Reason being you can already fully upgrade the building just by completing the questline and using the free currency.

Upto Bronze is more tailored towards everyone completing the event in full. Silver and Gold are more suited to diamond spenders and the prizes reflect that

The top prize is the Pagoda being fully lvl'd. Almost everyone can achieve that for free if they don't pick inefficiently when opening prizes. Additional buildings have typically always required spending diamonds to acquire unless you're particularly lucky.

What the gold and silver leagues do is allow the price of your diamond spending to go down. It's a additional discount for your supporting of the game. They normally bundle event currency or extra diamonds. Leagues are just another way of bundling stuff to diamond spenders and it does reduce cost if you use them correctly so there's no extra upgrades

DeletedUser36624

Over a year the 2 FPs difference is worth 730FPs.

Is 7-12% attack worth 730FPs? The pagoda is going to compete with whatever the least desirable building in your city is at the time of placing future events once you run out of space. So some things will age better then others.

Then again a year from now both options might be junk :p
The nameplate FP value on a building is not necessarily indicative of its contribution towards FP gain any more than points scored is how you value offensive linemen in football.

DeletedUser36624

The top prize is the Pagoda being fully lvl'd. Almost everyone can achieve that for free if they don't pick inefficiently when opening prizes. Additional buildings have typically always required spending diamonds to acquire unless you're particularly lucky.
Having a fully leveled Pagoda is guaranteed no matter how you pick your origami animals. Picking white/bronze to get more shots at daily specials will get you fewer pond crossings, but as long as you do all of the event quests and pick up all your daily lanterns, it will be enough for a full Pagoda.

Note to @Oz Schmaz: The event quests (not challenges, quests and challenges are two different things in FoE) come in two flavors: rush quests, which are available as fast as you can do them, and then once they are done, daily quests that become available one a day. You don't miss any daily quests if you don't do them on the day they become available, they just stack up. But eventually you will catch up, and not have a quest available until the next day.

I started playing right near the start of the Fall Event 2018. From that time, the only top event buildings that a free player couldn't guarantee themselves through strategic playing was the Carnival Event.