• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Planting Apple Trees

Czari

To any Beta players - will we know if we planted a tree in someone's city; like a notice or something popping up? Would we see the tree if we aid manually or is there no notice and aiding from Town Hall ok?

DeletedUser26660

I am confused by this Apple event, aidied lost of people and also been aided but none of us have any trees that we can see.

Czari

I discovered the answers to my first post:

*If we aid a city manually and plant a tree a message says "You have planted a tree. If aiding from Town Hall an icon of an apple will float up.
*When someone plants a tree in our cities there is a notice in Town Hall.

sir lance - I have a notice that someone planted a tree in my city but, so far, haven't found it either. I just rebooted to see if that would help.

DeletedUser26660

I discovered the answers to my first post:

*If we aid a city manually and plant a tree a message says "You have planted a tree. If aiding from Town Hall an icon of an apple will float up.
*When someone plants a tree in our cities there is a notice in Town Hall.

sir lance - I have a notice that someone planted a tree in my city but, so far, haven't found it either. I just rebooted to see if that would help.

Thanks Czari, I just rebooted as well and it made no difference, also others I just spoken to as well have same issue, no trees.

Czari

Thanks Czari, I just rebooted as well and it made no difference, also others I just spoken to as well have same issue, no trees.

Thank you for reporting back. Hmmmm...hopefully the trees will start showing up or it will be time to post in the Bug Report section.

DeletedUser8420

The trees are REALLY hard to find. They are the same size as the ones already in your wilderness, you have to look for the apples on the ground around the tree and in the tree. The apples are near specks so get your magnifying glasses out to see them. This is going to be irritating...

DeletedUser26660

I am no expert on apple trees but don't they take a while to grow :)

DeletedUser26660

The trees are REALLY hard to find. They are the same size as the ones already in your wilderness, you have to look for the apples on the ground around the tree and in the tree. The apples are near specks so get your magnifying glasses out to see them. This is going to be irritating...

That is irritating if they are that small to see, is it correct that if one is planted a message comes up on screen and/or in Town Hall log?

DeletedUser8420

I hope as with the Easter event, items are planted in the same spot almost each time. So once you find one and you get a message someone planted on start your search where you found the last one.

Ylisaveta

I noticed a few things in beta that might be helpful:

Apple trees are always the same type of tree; once you get one, just look for that shape, and goldish greeny leaves and ignore solid green leafed trees and trees with other types of canopies. If you're on a PC, you can run your mouse over likely trees, and you'll get a popup. They do tend to spawn in the same places repeatedly and do not seem to show up immediately. Refreshing helps, but give it a few minutes. I've never found more than 5 trees at a go, even when my event history shows there should be more; refresh and they'll be there.

DeletedUser26660

I noticed a few things in beta that might be helpful:

Apple trees are always the same type of tree; once you get one, just look for that shape, and goldish greeny leaves and ignore solid green leafed trees and trees with other types of canopies. If you're on a PC, you can run your mouse over likely trees, and you'll get a popup. They do tend to spawn in the same places repeatedly and do not seem to show up immediately. Refreshing helps, but give it a few minutes. I've never found more than 5 trees at a go, even when my event history shows there should be more; refresh and they'll be there.

Thanks for that, appreciated. I have 2 messages in my event log saying trees have been planted but as yet cannot find one, will refresh again and also hover over trees. I am zooming in also with mouse wheel to help spot any.

DeletedUser8152

Anyone actually found trees yet? I also don't seem to have any, despite what the event log says.

DeletedUser8420

I read where some are planted near buildings and near impossible to see unless you move your buildings near the edge of your wilderness. So if you have message saying you have a tree and cant find it, start looking behind your buildings at edge of your city.

Update, just found another one and YEP it was tucked back behind my Rain Forest.

DeletedUser26660

I have submitted a ticket to INNO because despite refreshing several times and having a message in my event log saying a tree is planted it is not there.

Czari

Ok...playing on a PC so, based on great info here (thank you all!) I zoomed in to my city and...voila! An apple tree. It is the same approximate size as the regular trees but is rounder and has tiny apples on it. Click on the tree to pick the apples. I got seven - not sure if that is a set number or if it's random. Whew! Glad that's figured out.

Czari

Me again. :D I have a city that had 6 apple trees planted for me. I found the first 4 easily (now that I know what they look like plus the zoom feature on PC) but one was stuck on the edge of my city behind a row of Victory Towers and the other one was closer in to the city. Also, the number of apples received is random. So far I've received between 7-20 apples per tree with 10 being the most common. Probably like the Easter eggs two years ago.

Oh forgot to add - I'm averaging planting a tree for someone about every 7th aid so we should rack up the apples.

I've been doing this for an hour and I'm tired already. LOL

Aldo Raine

Anyone actually found trees yet? I also don't seem to have any, despite what the event log says.
I have found trees in the 4 cities I'm playing, they are hard to see so you may want to set your zoom higher while searching for them, also the ones I have found have been at the top center or left center.

DeletedUser26660

I've been doing this for an hour and I'm tired already. LOL

Me too, this is the first event that has actually made me walk away from the game to have a rest, it is too tiring looking for the trees and detracts from the main game. Other events were quick and easy...the soccer event just required kicking a ball and scoring a goal...simple, the summer event just required spinning a wheel and stopping where you wanted it...simple.