• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Planting Apple Trees

DeletedUser26962

I am color blind and must "highlight" every tree in order to find the apple trees. Quite a laborious task! Might I suggest that next time you do something similar you add an arrow or whatnot that actually points to the item on the map? This is getting old **fast**.

:(

JanusJ

Dear Janus i am in no way making fun of your color blind picture problem .i hope this helps below i tried to find a way to help see the apple trees if it worked please let me know .thanksScreenshot Blue     Weak       Tritanomaly.jpg Screenshot Blue     Weak       Tritanomaly.jpg Screenshot Green  Blind     Deuteranopia.jpg Screenshot  Blue  Blind     Tritanopia.jpg Screenshot         achromatopsia.jpg Screenshot Red   Weak     Protanomaly.jpg Screenshot Red Blind     Protanopia.jpg Screenshot with the market.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot Blue Cone Monochromacy.jpg
    Screenshot Blue Cone Monochromacy.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot Green  Weak     Deuteranomaly.jpg
    Screenshot Green Weak Deuteranomaly.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 6

DeletedUser26660

Dear Janus i am in no way making fun of your color blind picture problem .i hope this helps below i tried to find a way to help see the apple trees if it worked please let me know .thanksView attachment 1598 View attachment 1598 View attachment 1600 View attachment 1601 View attachment 1602 View attachment 1603 View attachment 1604 View attachment 1606

Hi Miss Josaphine, thanks for your message. I am also colorblind and I am afraid it does not help me. We cannot see the shades of color that you do, so what I see in your message is different from what you see, but I appreciate the thought and your time in trying to help.

DeletedUser26660

Have you had any success with color mapping software like Visolve?

I did not know that such a thing existed but thanks for bringing it to my attention, I will look into it, much appreciated. Just goes to show what a common problem colorblindness is and one I hope the developers address ASAP.

DeletedUser15839

visolve works...sort of. as soon as you click, it reverts back to original, so if you have a bad memory this still may be a tedious process - plus you cannot fit the whole screen in one go, so you will have to use it around the screen. I thought i was bad with greens, but it was the red filter that brought the apple trees to life for me.
This was a known issue before release, as it was picked up in beta. Poor move to go ahead and release it anyways without more neutral colors. I guess they are not worried about alienating about color blind customers (1 in 12 for men, 1 in 200 for women according to colorblinawareness dot org)

DeletedUser26830

I clicked on the apple tree, I got the apples but the tree disappeared. Is this normal?

Czari

Just found 7 trees in one try without having to refresh. Playing on a PC.

My theory is that the trees can be very slow in showing up at times, but no real way to prove it one way or the other.

Something I've noticed when I've had a lot of trees planted since I last logged in (this morning I had 12 waiting for me) - when I click on some of the trees to harvest them the trees disappear; however, there are other apple trees that do not disappear but lose the apples and have what looks like little pink flowers around the tree on the ground. When I come back to those, they have morphed back into another apple-laden tree to click. My assumption is that there is a limit to how many trees can appear in a city at one time but have no idea what that number is.

DeletedUser26660

visolve works...sort of. as soon as you click, it reverts back to original, so if you have a bad memory this still may be a tedious process - plus you cannot fit the whole screen in one go, so you will have to use it around the screen. I thought i was bad with greens, but it was the red filter that brought the apple trees to life for me.
This was a known issue before release, as it was picked up in beta. Poor move to go ahead and release it anyways without more neutral colors. I guess they are not worried about alienating about color blind customers (1 in 12 for men, 1 in 200 for women according to colorblinawareness dot org)

Thank you for this post and your experience with with Visolve. Also I agree with the fact that if this was a known issue before in Beta why was nothing done about it prior to release here?

I had 8 notifications in my event log overnight that trees had been planted and I have had to manually scan around area until cursor picks up a tree, I have found most but not all of them so far. It is a real problem that appears to be being overlooked despite many people highlighting it.

I haven't had an apple tree in almost 12 hours. I have 140 friends, 35 guild members and 72 neighbors. Most visit everyday. Am I just unlucky or do I have a problem?

DeletedUser28970

I haven't had an apple tree in almost 12 hours. I have 140 friends, 35 guild members and 72 neighbors. Most visit everyday. Am I just unlucky or do I have a problem?
I have been keeping a spreadsheet and my occurrences, based on 'aids', are running at about 16-17% ... not quite 20% but okay I guess. You've just had a dry streak. Hang in there. All depends on how many of those folk aid you and when in the day. If you average 20 trees a day you are doing really great ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31456

hello all i am new to the game been playing about 5 days now and have come across this issue where i have no clue what i am doing... but i am learning i do have a couple questions about the apple trees.
1) can we plant our own apple trees on our land?
2) i have added a few people as friends but when i visit them i have no clue how to plant one for them is this automatic?
3) this is just a random question i just though of while typing the other two (i know this is not were it belongs) i have taken over some land to my north, am i able to build on them at any point or is it i just get an automatic production from them??

Lucifer1904

hello all i am new to the game been playing about 5 days now and have come across this issue where i have no clue what i am doing... but i am learning i do have a couple questions about the apple trees.
1) can we plant our own apple trees on our land?
2) i have added a few people as friends but when i visit them i have no clue how to plant one for them is this automatic?
3) this is just a random question i just though of while typing the other two (i know this is not were it belongs) i have taken over some land to my north, am i able to build on them at any point or is it i just get an automatic production from them??
1. No
2. Automatic
3. If it is on the continent map it only provides what it says as the loot... I.e coins, goods deposit, supplies, diamonds.