• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Planting Apple Trees

Czari

Me too, this is the first event that has actually made me walk away from the game to have a rest, it is too tiring looking for the trees and detracts from the main game. Other events were quick and easy...the soccer event just required kicking a ball and scoring a goal...simple, the summer event just required spinning a wheel and stopping where you wanted it...simple.

Exactly!

Dryke

Me too, this is the first event that has actually made me walk away from the game to have a rest, it is too tiring looking for the trees and detracts from the main game. Other events were quick and easy...the soccer event just required kicking a ball and scoring a goal...simple, the summer event just required spinning a wheel and stopping where you wanted it...simple.

With the exception of those who are colorblind and have a legitimate problem spotting the trees, they are honestly NOT that difficult to find. Most of the reason people are not finding trees has more to do with needing to refresh (leave the town and return) than with them actually being hard to find.

On the point of 'detracting from the main game'...since the buildings you can win can have a significant impact on the 'main game', I would argue that the 'detracting' is more than fairly compensated by the reward gained.

As far as quick and easy goes...well, you are right, it was 'easier' to just click the soccer event than it is to find a tree. On the other hand since every tree you find is guaranteed currency - which was not true for the soccer event unless you chose the lowest level (and least efficient) reward - I again would argue that the extra effort is well rewarded.

To the devs, I say: Good job on a great new event :)

Volodya

Anyone actually found trees yet? I also don't seem to have any, despite what the event log says.
I've found 12 trees so far, 4 7s, 7 10s and 1 20. I'm playing on a PC. I can see that these would be VERY hard to find on a phone.

DeletedUser

Okay. I am very new to the game. How exactly do we plant a tree? Does it happen after we aid or do we manually have to plant the tree,

If it's the later, how exactly do you do that?

DeletedUser8152

Okay. I am very new to the game. How exactly do we plant a tree? Does it happen after we aid or do we manually have to plant the tree,

If it's the later, how exactly do you do that?
It just happens when you aid (motivate or polish) someone.

sirblu

Anyone actually found trees yet? I also don't seem to have any, despite what the event log says.
I found 5 this morning. I schedule all my "Aid" at the same time so I have 12 hours before I can plant any trees or aid anyone. Is there a limit to how many trees one can plant?

DeletedUser8152

I found 5 this morning. I schedule all my "Aid" at the same time so I have 12 hours before I can plant any trees or aid anyone. Is there a limit to how many trees one can plant?
No, although it may be that the game will only show you so many trees at one time, and if you collect you'll have to refresh to find more.

DeletedUser

I hope as with the Easter event, items are planted in the same spot almost each time. So once you find one and you get a message someone planted on start your search where you found the last one.
I have yet to find any apple trees either nor any notice that the event has even started yet

DeletedUser26962

I found several apple trees they are surrounding your town along the outside mine were up at the top above my city .I uploadedFOE Screenshot.jpg a screen shot HOPE it works . Screenshot (26).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

I have yet to find any apple trees either nor any notice that the event has even started yet
You don't see the big blue arrow pointed to the "Fall Event" button? Are you maybe playing on a different server altogether?

DeletedUser25367

I am color blind and must "highlight" every tree in order to find the apple trees. Quite a laborious task! Might I suggest that next time you do something similar you add an arrow or whatnot that actually points to the item on the map? This is getting old **fast**.

:(

JanusJ

DeletedUser26963

I can pretty much confirm that the game (at least on PC) only displays 5 at a time. I had 7 trees planted, one of which I found earlier this morning with no other trees shown (I'm not colorblind and find it easy to spot them). After refreshing, I found 5 more trees out of the 7 that were planted, and after a 2nd refresh I found the last one.

So, if your event history is telling you that you have X number of trees, just keep refreshing your game until you've collected all of the trees.

DeletedUser3679

I can pretty much confirm that the game (at least on PC) only displays 5 at a time. I had 7 trees planted, one of which I found earlier this morning with no other trees shown (I'm not colorblind and find it easy to spot them). After refreshing, I found 5 more trees out of the 7 that were planted, and after a 2nd refresh I found the last one.

Just found 7 trees in one try without having to refresh. Playing on a PC.

My theory is that the trees can be very slow in showing up at times, but no real way to prove it one way or the other.

DeletedUser26660

I am color blind and must "highlight" every tree in order to find the apple trees. Quite a laborious task! Might I suggest that next time you do something similar you add an arrow or whatnot that actually points to the item on the map? This is getting old **fast**.

:(

JanusJ

I am also red/green colorblind and 100% agree, people who are not colorblind will never ever understand how we see the world.

DeletedUser26660

You don't see the big blue arrow pointed to the "Fall Event" button? Are you maybe playing on a different server altogether?

We see the arrow but what good is it if we cannot distinguish between the trees that do and do not have red in them because we are colorblind? The arrow may as well be pointing at every tree!

DeletedUser3679

We see the arrow but what good is it if we cannot distinguish between the trees that do and do not have red in them because we are colorblind? The arrow may as well be pointing at every tree!

Pretty sure jaelis was replying to the post that said the person had not received any notice that the event had started.

DeletedUser26660

With the exception of those who are colorblind and have a legitimate problem spotting the trees, they are honestly NOT that difficult to find. Most of the reason people are not finding trees has more to do with needing to refresh (leave the town and return) than with them actually being hard to find.

On the point of 'detracting from the main game'...since the buildings you can win can have a significant impact on the 'main game', I would argue that the 'detracting' is more than fairly compensated by the reward gained.

As far as quick and easy goes...well, you are right, it was 'easier' to just click the soccer event than it is to find a tree. On the other hand since every tree you find is guaranteed currency - which was not true for the soccer event unless you chose the lowest level (and least efficient) reward - I again would argue that the extra effort is well rewarded.

To the devs, I say: Good job on a great new event :)

If you read the comment again you will see that the detracting remark was made with reference to the fact that being colorblind makes it tiring and hence detracts from the game. And of course the trees are probably not that difficult to find if you are not colorblind and can see them!

DeletedUser26660

I submitted a ticket to INNO earlier today saying that I could not see the red in the trees due to colorblindness. They gave me some advice and gave me link to here to leave comments which were intended to be beneficial for the future.

Colorblindness is a disability you learn to live with all your life and can exclude you from jobs and other things, people who have not got it you can never comprehend what it is like to not see the world in the same way as people with normal color vision do.

check out the other thread about this event which also highlights this common affliction.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/fall-event-feedback.14712/page-4