• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Player self identification: level of play

Ruler56

I have experienced on this game as well as others of a similar nature where there are some players who practically live the game while others just want to log in every now and then to play (without reading all the manuals, blogs, etc. associated with the game).

Recently I donated forge points to a player's GB and was told via message that I owed him more forge points; apparently, I was one of those players who hide and that KARMA was going to get me. I just wanted to play the game for a while to end some of the boredom in my life. I did not log in to be insulted by other players.

I was told before that the last place should have 19 points donated to it but nothing about other placements. It was mentioned that it was 1:9.
I don't care about that stuff; I just want to play the game. If i get 1st place for 1 fp great and if it costs me a lot more that's ok too.

I think it would be a good idea if these types of games enabled you to self-evaluate yourself as to the type of player you are. I would pick the basic level for myself because I do not participate in any of the guild matches and do not read the blogs nor do I care what the ratio is for donating forge points.

My message sender is more the military type who thinks the game is like a war and you have to follow the rules of engagement.

When I play these types of online games I just want to relax so it would be helpful if the types of players could be segregated by experience and/or type of play.

Just wondering what others think of this.

Update to post: I want to thank those of you who responded. I just wanted to log in and put in some leisurely playtime. As far as the segregation I was just thinking that there would be players who would prefer to play against others who are more into rules of play, battles, etc. instead of someone like me who doesn't really care for that stuff (I am not a new player--I have been playing for years).

I took 1st place (after owner of GB) in the GB I mentioned but I didn't level it up. I don't really understand why that would matter to someone but there again a difference in the way we play. As long as I am polite and do not harass other players I don't think I am being rude regardless of whether I learn ALL the rules or not.

Again, thank you for your input.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

That's a new player problem. Once you understand the meta-rules you will be a lot happier playing the game..
You can add 1 Fp if you choose. if the other player does not like it? not your problem.But them u get messages like the one you got. But if you want to learn Foe good manners you will learn the meta-rules.
I agree with Sharmon, it is an online game. with fighting taking other players stuff (plunder) sniping stealing Forge points.. etc. This is not Candyland.

jaymoney23456

I have experienced on this game as well as others of a similar nature where there are some players who practically live the game while others just want to log in every now and then to play (without reading all the manuals, blogs, etc. associated with the game).

Recently I donated forge points to a player's GB and was told via message that I owed him more forge points; apparently, I was one of those players who hide and that KARMA was going to get me. I just wanted to play the game for a while to end some of the boredom in my life. I did not log in to be insulted by other players.

I was told before that the last place should have 19 points donated to it but nothing about other placements. It was mentioned that it was 1:9.
I don't care about that stuff; I just want to play the game. If i get 1st place for 1 fp great and if it costs me a lot more that's ok too.

I think it would be a good idea if these types of games enabled you to self-evaluate yourself as to the type of player you are. I would pick the basic level for myself because I do not participate in any of the guild matches and do not read the blogs nor do I care what the ratio is for donating forge points.

My message sender is more the military type who thinks the game is like a war and you have to follow the rules of engagement.

When I play these types of online games I just want to relax so it would be helpful if the types of players could be segregated by experience and/or type of play.

Players would not like unsolicited adding of fp by other players regardless of if you labeled yourself a casual player or not

Jakobi007

I personally don't care if someone gets mad, it's a game. A few times I would flip someone's GB because I really needed the blueprint, and I would get some message about how I messed up their day. People can't control how you play and they shouldn't expect you to follow their rules for a game that they do not own. Just ignore messages.

It's almost like a homeless guy asking for or wishing he had a few bucks and then getting mad that what you gave wasn't $10.

Johnny B. Goode

I think you should ignore that player's message and any others like it that you get trying to tell you to play by someone else's rules. That's if he's a neighbor. If you're guild mates, you should abide by whatever guild rules there are about such things. If it's a friend, you should just not donate to their GBs anymore, but don't give in to their demands as that is their personal rule (even if many players also go by it) and not a game rule by any stretch of the imagination.
But if you want to learn Foe good manners you will learn the meta-rules.
That's not good manners except in the mind of the type of person that would send such a message. Good manners would be graciously accepting any donations to your GB and not whining about "I didn't get 1.9".
Players would not like unsolicited adding of fp by other players regardless of if you labeled yourself a casual player or not
Some players, not all players. I love unsolicited adding of FP by other players, even if it levels my GB.

planetofthehumans2

Its not going to matter if he or you or me are casual or fighters or traders or whatever.

I will offer this piece of advice, add as much that will secure your place (not get passed) but do not put on more than you will get in return. This is sniping, but you will gain FP in return for doing this when you play your cards right. If you just put 1 or 10FP on my gb, I'm gonna have someone else pass you so you lose everything from your donation. If I set up my gb properly, the amount you put on will secure your place and you will receive 1.9x the base reward. If you level my gb well I'm gonna do everything in my power to destroy you lol.

1705727125727.png

So example for this GB, I put on 322FP. Nobody else except the GB owner can put more than 321FP on it, making me secure with #1 place (no one can pass). Now if we look at the reward, I will gain 210+189 = 399FP, so I will gain an extra 399-322 = 77FP to my bank. And yanno...just look at that users name and tell me you don't want to snipe them????

Dominator - X

Just tell them "Lo siento, no te puedo ayudar. No entiendo ingles."
If they answer in kind, respond with "Извини́те, что вы сказа́ли?"
If they answer in kind to that, just put them on ignore.

Emberguard

ecently I donated forge points to a player's GB and was told via message that I owed him more forge points; apparently,

If you didn't have an agreement with them beforehand, you don't owe them anything.

However, if you get a message of "you owe me X Forge Points" and you haven't put in enough Forge Points to prevent someone else placing more than you, pretty likely the other player will find someone who will place the amount of Forge Points they mentioned to knock you down to a lower contribution spot, or off all the contribution spots

I would be taking that message as a indicator of what they'll get others to place if there's room left on the level to do so and act on the assumption that's the competition you're competing against for that spot

Emberguard

Just tell them "Lo siento, no te puedo ayudar. No entiendo ingles."
If they answer in kind, respond with "Извини́те, что вы сказа́ли?"
If they answer in kind to that, just put them on ignore.

Preferably with a english translation attached. If you're responding to a sniped or plundered player they may decide to report any messages in retaliation and foreign languages without a translation would be a rules violation

jaymoney23456

If you didn't have an agreement with them beforehand, you don't owe them anything.

However, if you get a message of "you owe me X Forge Points" and you haven't put in enough Forge Points to prevent someone else placing more than you, pretty likely the other player will find someone who will place the amount of Forge Points they mentioned to knock you down to a lower contribution spot, or off all the contribution spots

I would be taking that message as a indicator of what they'll get others to place if there's room left on the level to do so and act on the assumption that's the competition you're competing against for that spot
If someone in my neighborhood adds fp to my GB in the hopes of getting a spot I just bump them down to the point where they overpay for a spot. I don't over prime or have any GB anymore that can be snipped as soon as the GB opens, so I this is easy to do. lol

Jakobi007

When it comes to flipping GBs when I need blueprints, I just make sure they are not on my friends or in the guild first. If they are not, I could care less and I flip it if I need it lol. Same thing with FPs, etc.

Ebeondi Asi

On flipping GBs. I had a totally irate player who was furious I flipped his level 7 LoA (In a 1.9 and he added too many so the standard 1.9 donation flipped it. Which in my mind was his fail not mine anyway)
I though dude! you need a chill pill! He should have changed his name to "Sir Roid Rage"
Anyway I could care less if I flip someone's GB in a 1.9 when they do not leave any message or the P(xx) amount to be placed. It was their duty to have it right for the 1.9 Not my duty to watch and babysit for them.
The only times I actually bother to check is for P4 P5 to not flip in a 1.9x on a really high level FP producingGB. Like a level 100 AO or Cape. (and now Pegasus)