• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Players leaving

Johnny B. Goode

Sorry, it was just some friendly banter, I didn't know you what get so defensive.

Like I said to The Lady Redneck, I just saw someone post that and elaborated on that post. Your SAM city being a diamond farm makes more sense, and you should definitely play for your enjoyment. I have a main city, and only have deleted one city because I didn't have the time for it. Play how you want to play, and sorry, I should've verified that information first.
No worries, I just react to words like "hypocritical". Especially from people who don't really know me at all. But it's all good.

The Lady Redneck

What I mean is that camping in one age forever isn't the best strategy
That is very true. At least not until you know the game better and can make more choices. Sometimes it does not matter what age you are in if the world you are playing in does not suit you. Other times you might change your mind on how you want to play the game. Or what you want out of that city. I kinds rushed through at first, then realized I had made mistakes. I now make a distinction between camped and parked. I am camped in my IA world and in my Diamond one as I do not intend moving in them. But I am parked in SAJM as I intend to move on eventually. Over the years I have found PE and FE to be ages I like to park in. But it took about 5 - 6 years of playing a load of different cities in different ages to find that out. That is the great thing about the game. It is so flexible. It can cater for everyone's ideas.

plinker2

Well the gamers leaving the game due to the changes has started. I just lost a major player in my guild due to Inno’s greed. The cut in diamond payouts in GE and the adds that the game used to not have forced it. Inno officially sucks now. I’ve been playing for 4 years ( the longest time I’ve ever played a stupid online game, and am thinking about stopping too. Yes I have a better life than spending it on this stupid game! And will no longer be recommending it to friends! Thanks for ruining our game Inno!!!
I just this week read an article that stated INNO has been losing money for the last 2 or 3 years. That is most likely what is happening. They have laid off some of their staff and are going to concentrate on some new games. I hope this will help you understand thst game companies take losses too.

Pericles the Lion

I just this week read an article that stated INNO has been losing money for the last 2 or 3 years. That is most likely what is happening. They have laid off some of their staff and are going to concentrate on some new games. I hope this will help you understand thst game companies take losses too.
What's your source? MTG's Q1 2023 report (Q2 is not out yet) reports that EBITDA was down from the previous quarter but remained solidly positive. Afaik, MTG does not report Inno's profits separately.

Pericles the Lion

Credit to @UBERhelp1 for this video on Inno losing money:
youtu. be/fCLT552XCSM
Did you actually watch the video? I did when he first released it. @UBERhelp1 did an excellent job of translating detailed financial reports into an easily understandable presentation. However, he did not discuss INNO's profits. The "double-digit" decline described at the beginning was in revenues. The impact of this decline at the top line on the bottom line profits is unreported, but I doubt that it resulted in a net operating loss (i.e "losing money"). Maybe INNO made less money, made more money, made the same money - all of these results are possible. Also, his video ends on a positive note mentioning that recent operational changes have resulted in "positive momentum".

plinker2

How much is Harbor ETF Trust Harbor Disruptive Innovation ETF worth?​

INNO has a market cap of $30.60 million. This is considered a Sub-Micro Cap stock.

Is Harbor ETF Trust Harbor Disruptive Innovation ETF (INNO) a good investment?​

INNO has underperformed the market in the last year with a price return of +18.6% while the SPY ETF gained +19.2%. INNO has also underperformed the stock market ETF in the last 3 month and 2 week periods returning +9.8% and -0.4%, respectively, while the SPY returned +10.2% and +0.9%, respectively.

The thread header is about players leaving FoE and/or INNO. What I discovered and posted is just one probability. No one really knows but the company EXEC's.

UBERhelp1

Also, it's important here to mention that we will be getting MTG's Q2 financial report by the end of this month. I think the 26th? So that'll give us more info.

I didn't mention profits because I don't know the profits. It's possible that as a result of the layoffs they were able to maintain the same profit, or just as possible that they still lost a bunch. I also wouldn't be surprised if they've been dumping resources into their newer games, and with the servers coming online had to invest more heavily in server architecture and so spent more money.

For the most part, I tried to keep the discussion to something that I could show visually with a graph or chart or something to avoid just giving numbers that don't mean anything to the average viewer.

Lastly, positive momentum likely means that they are still losing money - so not necessarily a good thing. Just something that sounds good to investors. Per my professional graphs here, they're claiming that it's the green one. Whether that's true or not is going to be difficult to tell until we see what's happened with Q2, which includes the Anniversary, Wildlife, and start of Summer events, all of which we've seen have major spenders emptying their pockets for due to the Key Master's Workshops and Cartographer Houses.
1688332061624.png

xivarmy

Also, it's important here to mention that we will be getting MTG's Q2 financial report by the end of this month. I think the 26th? So that'll give us more info.

I didn't mention profits because I don't know the profits. It's possible that as a result of the layoffs they were able to maintain the same profit, or just as possible that they still lost a bunch. I also wouldn't be surprised if they've been dumping resources into their newer games, and with the servers coming online had to invest more heavily in server architecture and so spent more money.

For the most part, I tried to keep the discussion to something that I could show visually with a graph or chart or something to avoid just giving numbers that don't mean anything to the average viewer.

Lastly, positive momentum likely means that they are still losing money - so not necessarily a good thing. Just something that sounds good to investors. Per my professional graphs here, they're claiming that it's the green one. Whether that's true or not is going to be difficult to tell until we see what's happened with Q2, which includes the Anniversary, Wildlife, and start of Summer events, all of which we've seen have major spenders emptying their pockets for due to the Key Master's Workshops and Cartographer Houses.
From what I saw of the reports I took it to mean reduced profits moreso than losing money.

i.e.

- given that inno is almost entirely dependent on FoE (their other games aren't nearly as popular as far as I'm aware)
- and that the revenue from FoE is flatlining or decreasing
- then it follows that they either have to find a way to change that, or to cut continuing development costs. they appear to be trying hard to do both.
- but on the revenue front it seems their recent path of "come on, OP stuff, spend more guy$$$" is not sustainable, so in the long run it may result in it falling off even harder. It could be a close-out plan to milk what they can get before they cut development on the game entirely.
- Perhaps I'm wrong though. Perhaps they have a deeper plan I do not see to reach a new stable, strategically-interesting point (no indications of tapering off in the next two events after this one though).
- Or perhaps enough of the population is placated sufficiently by a never-ending stream of OP stuff that it'll keep making them money and those who aren't looking for that will need to find something else to take up their time.

Cyrus the Adequate

How much is Harbor ETF Trust Harbor Disruptive Innovation ETF worth?​

INNO has a market cap of $30.60 million. This is considered a Sub-Micro Cap stock.

Is Harbor ETF Trust Harbor Disruptive Innovation ETF (INNO) a good investment?​

INNO has underperformed the market in the last year with a price return of +18.6% while the SPY ETF gained +19.2%. INNO has also underperformed the stock market ETF in the last 3 month and 2 week periods returning +9.8% and -0.4%, respectively, while the SPY returned +10.2% and +0.9%, respectively.

The thread header is about players leaving FoE and/or INNO. What I discovered and posted is just one probability. No one really knows but the company EXEC's.
INNO is the stock ticker symbol for an ETF, not Inno Games.

Ebeondi Asi

In news tdoay thought t wa relavent to the discussion:
The maker of the Pokemon Go video game, Niantic, says it will cut a quarter of its workforce as the gaming industry faces a slowdown in demand after downloads surged during the pandemic.

85gt

Smilegate maker of Lost Ark online game seems to be doing good, even after covid

plinker2

In the article that I read, it stated exactly what you posted. INNO is going to put money into new games. It won't be very long before we will know if we have been put adrift or not.

qaccy

If they put a decade old well established game to drift , the new game potential clients will see how Inno cancelled a decade of work by thousands of people without batting an eye. The new game would rot on the vine , there would be zero trust in Inno from that point on.
That's not necessarily true. The market just favors new ideas being in new games rather than old games. This is why plenty of game publishers/developers will continue to release new games, even if they already have one (or more) live service games, regardless of whether those live service games are still being maintained or not.

Inno's made more money by releasing several new games since the release of FoE than they would have if they'd continued to focus solely on FoE, simply because casting a wider net allows them to attract more players. Maybe someone just doesn't like one or more fundamental aspects of FoE, but Elvenar changes or does away with those aspects in a way that makes that game appealing to them. Rather than alienate FoE players by changing the game to be like Elvenar (in a world where Elvenar never gets released), they decided to release that new game instead so players who only like one game can play the game they like. Bonus points from the players who end up liking both games, especially if they end up spending on both because then Inno's making money twice from one player!

Johnny B. Goode

Bonus points from the players who end up liking both games, especially if they end up spending on both because then Inno's making money twice from one player!
This line doesn't jive with the point of your post. If they set the first game (FoE) adrift, what idiot would then spend money on it? And if they have a history of setting a game adrift once they've milked it dry, why spend money on the new game? Only casual gamers would fall for that. Experienced ones (the ones that probably spend the most money) would know the game maker's track record and act accordingly.