• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Playing in later ages without a high level arc

DeletedUser36020

Hi all, I searched and couldn't find anything that helped answer this.
I'm currently playing my first city on the Q world and rocking a RQ style city. In the heavy questing guide it mentions that FE tends to be the best era to really heavy quest, and seeing as I've spent six months slowly crawling up to LMA, and am currently in Iron Age on second city, i'm kinda ready to begin a slow and steady progression to some later eras of the game. The reason I am asking this question, though, is that I know the HQ guide is kinda outdated. Is it city suicide to try and play in later eras without first blasting my arc upwards? I will have it level 10, but not quite sure I can commit to pushing it up to 80.

In short, how saturated are the higher eras with big arcs? Will it be too hard to play without one in later eras? Just for reference, I do not participate in GvG.

Thanks for any tips or comments:)

DeletedUser13838

A significant disadvantage is in winning top spots in other player's GBs. This is a very large source of medals that you can use to gain medal expansions for your city.

DeletedUser29726

It depends what you want to do. If levelling GBs really high is one of your goals, you need an arc. If getting through the story is your goal, you shouldn't need more than level 10 buildings and don't *need* an arc.

Volodya

Hi all, I searched and couldn't find anything that helped answer this.
I'm currently playing my first city on the Q world and rocking a RQ style city. In the heavy questing guide it mentions that FE tends to be the best era to really heavy quest, and seeing as I've spent six months slowly crawling up to LMA, and am currently in Iron Age on second city, i'm kinda ready to begin a slow and steady progression to some later eras of the game. The reason I am asking this question, though, is that I know the HQ guide is kinda outdated. Is it city suicide to try and play in later eras without first blasting my arc upwards? I will have it level 10, but not quite sure I can commit to pushing it up to 80.

In short, how saturated are the higher eras with big arcs? Will it be too hard to play without one in later eras? Just for reference, I do not participate in GvG.

Thanks for any tips or comments:)
I think you'll be OK. Of course you'll run into some campers with high-level Arcs as you progress, but really level 10 is pretty solid for LMA imo. No need to power-level your Arc from here on; if you continue to level it at a moderate-but-steady pace, that should keep you competitive with most players. @Konrad the mediocre has a valid concern about medals needed for expansions, but I'm guessing your RQ strategy gives you enough already. I'm assuming you have a Chateau and are reasonably aggressive in leveling it; if not, that should be a priority.

DeletedUser36020

I think you'll be OK. Of course you'll run into some campers with high-level Arcs as you progress, but really level 10 is pretty solid for LMA imo. No need to power-level your Arc from here on; if you continue to level it at a moderate-but-steady pace, that should keep you competitive with most players. @Konrad the mediocre has a valid concern about medals needed for expansions, but I'm guessing your RQ strategy gives you enough already. I'm assuming you have a Chateau and are reasonably aggressive in leveling it; if not, that should be a priority.
Yes, i have a level 8 and moving up CF.
Thanks for the reply! Dont think ill camp on this acct forever:)

Arc has nothing to do with the era you play in.
But higher ages should have more high level arcs, and might be harder to progress if i didnt. This is why i asked.

DeletedUser31592

In my Contemporary Era neighborhood in Qunrir, there are only 5 level 80 Arcs. Looks like an additional 3 between 60 and 80, but I did stop checking after the 25th person in the hood. Due to ranking points, it is improbable that are more than that.

On average, including myself, there are usually 3-7 level 80 Arcs in my neighborhood. And since CE is only two levels behind The Future, you can really trade for the goods. So, I highly doubt you will hit an era with a bunch of high Arcs.

I have cities in IA through LMA and it is rare to have more than 1-2 level 80 Arcs in my neighborhood. Often it is 0.

DeletedUser32824

I think LMA is the best age to park in. You can generate enough supplies and coins to do like 200 unbirthdays per day since the cost is like 10k/12k coins/supplies and at a 70 CF the reward would be 55k for big packages. Now, if you don't have an arc you're never going to get enough BP to do this, so if you want to get crazy with HQS like I am, stay in LMA. If you want to cruise through the ages with your lvl 10 CF and not build an arc (or any other GBs past 10 really) do that. The power of the Arc is to get BPs for GBs by giving 1.9x the reward (which is expected now for anyone leveling GBs). If you get the #1 or 2 spot on someone's GB as they level from 10-70 you will have enough BPs to take that GB to 70. Just by contributing in my guild's arc80 thread I can take my cape, inno, cdm, hagia, CoA, Zeus, CF to 80 and things like St mark, LoA, AO, Kraken, blue galaxy, TA I can take to like 30+ without even really trying to get bp.

Emberguard

If you're not doing the Arc game, just make sure you have a good way of increasing your FP income. So I'd focus on getting as many of the other FP GBs as you can reasonably support as you reach those ages. I'd like to say I have absolute advice on how it'd effect your city, but ultimately the biggest factor in you can control (regards to arcs) is the guild you're in. That and I haven't yet reached there to know how much it effects your income VS the amount of income you need to complete things in a reasonable time

If your guild isn't full of high lvl'd arcs you'll have a much easier time getting contribution rewards just from swap threads. I find the easiest swap threads to get FPs from are guilds with 8-20 players. If you find yourself unable to get contribution rewards (and you want the rewards) either from the guild being too big or just there being a lot of high lvl'd arcs present then I'd recommend putting together a group for lvling GBs in general with anything upto 6 players.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29623

I think LMA is the best age to park in. You can generate enough supplies and coins to do like 200 unbirthdays per day since the cost is like 10k/12k coins/supplies and at a 70 CF the reward would be 55k for big packages. Now, if you don't have an arc you're never going to get enough BP to do this, so if you want to get crazy with HQS like I am, stay in LMA. If you want to cruise through the ages with your lvl 10 CF and not build an arc (or any other GBs past 10 really) do that. The power of the Arc is to get BPs for GBs by giving 1.9x the reward (which is expected now for anyone leveling GBs). If you get the #1 or 2 spot on someone's GB as they level from 10-70 you will have enough BPs to take that GB to 70. Just by contributing in my guild's arc80 thread I can take my cape, inno, cdm, hagia, CoA, Zeus, CF to 80 and things like St mark, LoA, AO, Kraken, blue galaxy, TA I can take to like 30+ without even really trying to get bp.

This has been my experience, too. That guide advises a sprint through LMA, but if you can get two recurring quest slots open, it’s a great place to park and level everything up

RazorbackPirate

This has been my experience, too. That guide advises a sprint through LMA, but if you can get two recurring quest slots open, it’s a great place to park and level everything up
I 100% agree. Even before opening the second slot, my LMA city outproduced my HMA city. With the second slot open, it's not even close.

DeletedUser

But higher ages should have more high level arcs, and might be harder to progress if i didnt. This is why i asked.
You can progress just fine without a hyper-leveled Arc. It is a great tool for getting lots of FPs, BPs and medals, but you can get sufficient quantities of all 3 without the high Arc. The exception is if you desire to hyper-level other GBs. However, if your primary motivation is progressing normally through the game, the high Arc is a luxury and not a necessity. FYI, I am partway through OF on one world and my Arc is only level 8.

DeletedUser36020

Thanks for all the helpful advice! I think i will try advancing on this account. If i realize i just want to stratosphere gbs i will camp in an appropriate era and do so later on. Appreciate the input!

Emberguard

Yeah just depends on how quickly you intend to get through each age as to what you "need" to get through the game. Not building a Arc won't kill your city, but it may limit a certain type of income depending on both personal circumstances and the circumstances of anyone you do a swap with.

There's really no way to go backwards in this game, only a matter of what speed you go forward in it and depending on playing style progress doesn't always look like progress.

Mustapha00

I am not one of those with insanely high level Arcs.

Not yet anyway. And not for quite some time.

However, on looking back, I wish that I had done whatever it took very early on to acquire the BPs, trade for the goods and build an Arc. I would have advanced through the Ages to where I am probably at about the same pace, if not more slowly, and leveling up an Arc along the way would have made the process easier and more profitable. It's impossible for me to guess how many more BPs, FPs and Medals I would have earned along the way.

My advice: commit or abstain. Either go "all in" on placing and leveling that Arc as quickly as possible or pay it little to no attention by having other priorities. You will have a much more difficult time- "difficult" as being "less enjoyable"- if you try to do both.