• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

Jern2017

I just reached CE and got pleasantly surprised by this.

*the name of my city is Plunderville

Attachments

• 20200908_153132.jpg
    20200908_153132.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 41

Bolderbrain

Far as I'm concerned this anti-social criminally encouraging part of the game is repulsive. So much so that I am considering not playing at all. I have one player who is in a top ten diamond league many, many, levels over and above me that is relishing doing nothing but looting my village and there's not one thing I can do to stop him. So pisses me off that this is allowed. It's nothing but sanctioned terror and it's pretty offensive to say the least.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Far as I'm concerned this anti-social criminally encouraging part of the game is repulsive. So much so that I am considering not playing at all. I have one player who is in a top ten diamond league many, many, levels over and above me that is relishing doing nothing but looting my village and there's not one thing I can do to stop him. So pisses me off that this is allowed. It's nothing but sanctioned terror and it's pretty offensive to say the least.
Bye. If you don't want that type of game, then you shouldn't have started playing a game where it is an integrated part of the game rules and mechanics. This is no different from someone standing in the middle of Fortnite or Call of Duty or Halo yelling at everyone to stop shooting them because it is anti-social and criminal. Or in GTA yelling at people to stop stealing cars. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DevaCat

Lol, and new cry-mail arrives! Who said the postal service was slow!

I would tell you that you have no business being in his neighborhood in the first place, that you have advanced too far for a pitiful village to compete, and give you advice to improve your situation but no, that's pointless. You would be offended, right? It's somebody else's fault, right? Everyone is free to play this game the way they want to, within the rules, regardless of how that turns out. Has not turned out so good for you has it?

If it's so repulsive and offensive, then you really should leave the game for all of us anti-social criminals to enjoy. But please, before you go, post a few more rants -- it's been slow and I could use some entertainment. :D

WildOdd

Guys, guys, chill out a little lol. He started fairly recently, it seems to me he's either in Iron or EMA. While I dislike people who whine about plundering as much as you, it's kind of pointless when he hasn't progressed much. Try collecting your city on time, aiding/friending the plunderers to see if they stop, and if real life is too busy for both of those things (doubt it), invest in your friend's tavern to put up a city shield. (And maybe cut back on the worlds, 5 is a lot if you want to be active)

Also, wait a few minutes before you post. Some people who have PM-ed me about plundering cool down a little after I send a response.

By the way, does anyone else here ever get pointers on plundering? #3 in my hood messages me giving me sniping and plundering opportunities, and while they usually take the better spots/plunders, I'm still very grateful for this

Lady Gato

Umm @WildOdd - this is what the poster, posted. He/they did not ask for help/advice but came onto a thread that is mainly for those plunderers to post about their plunders and implied that they are criminals and, even worse, terrorists. I think that the response they got was very mild.

In a lot of different threads in this forum there is a lot of information about how to protect yourself from plundering. And from doing any research at all on the forum or in the wiki that shall not be named, a player can find out about the game. I mean I prefer not to play the shoot em up, bloody car chase games because they do not interest me. Should I join them, then rave in their forum about how their game is anti-social? No.

@ODragon by the way, I haven't seen any updates from you lately on interesting plunders.

Emberguard

I mean I prefer not to play the shoot em up, bloody car chase games because they do not interest me. Should I join them, then rave in their forum about how their game is anti-social? No.
Exactly. That's what confuses me with the complainers about plundering. It's one thing to choose to mess around in your game play and not plunder yourself, but why then expect everyone who wants to play the game as presented to not actually play the game to their best ability? It's not anti-social it's competitive multi-player

Bolderbrain

Umm @WildOdd - this is what the poster, posted. He/they did not ask for help/advice but came onto a thread that is mainly for those plunderers to post about their plunders and implied that they are criminals and, even worse, terrorists. I think that the response they got was very mild.

In a lot of different threads in this forum there is a lot of information about how to protect yourself from plundering. And from doing any research at all on the forum or in the wiki that shall not be named, a player can find out about the game. I mean I prefer not to play the shoot em up, bloody car chase games because they do not interest me. Should I join them, then rave in their forum about how their game is anti-social? No.

@ODragon by the way, I haven't seen any updates from you lately on interesting plunders.
Obviously you cannot read. A top 100 player in the future attacking iron age players who barely know what's going on in the first place. It's way, way, way out of place and unwarranted. There is no possible way to defend against, let alone retaliate to someone who has maybe 50 GB with many at or far above level 50.

It's not the plundering it's the inability to counter with anything. Has no business coming down to beginner's level and wrecking the game for newbee's. There need's to be something which enables players to lay booby traps or something to make this a little more fair. In my case the player moved because the neighborhood changed, and he paid for it because I put coins on all his GB and pushed a building over which probably cost him several hundred FP's, but who care's, that doesn't make up for the daily attacks. Early on I deleted every house, every production building, and had to rebuild. Other time's I've had to disconnect the whole city from the town hall.

Say what you like but this is not encouraging to new players. Maybe some of you should try going and setting up a new city and see how that feels once more because obviously some of you are way out of touch. Not everyone want's to play armed guard. Not everyone want's to wake up to see lightning bolts over a 24 hours production building. I have one city where the BP rate is so low that I'm still sitting and waiting for a single set of Zeus prints. Months of motivating, putting FP's on other players buildings and I have one print of such helpful GB's as say the Seattle Needle, or the Lotus, or something else that's off in never never land. Meanwhile some jackass is attacking with impunity while we throw cow chips at the invaders.

It isn't whinning to tell you something is wrong and that it's probably, almost assuredly, driving away players.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Obviously you cannot read. A top 100 player in the future attacking iron age players who barely know what's going on in the first place. It's way, way, way out of place and unwarranted. There is no possible way to defend against, let alone retaliate to someone who has maybe 50 GB with many at or far above level 50.
Ok, except that’s no longer possible. The system was changed to make that impossible. Iron Age is paired with Iron Age

Nicholas002

If some in the future attacks someone in the Iron Age, let them have it. They have been preparing for months maybe years to jump from Iron Age to future era in less than two weeks. They deserve to be able to beat up Iron Age players, and in two weeks they will be out of your hood, and matched with other future players.
Just collect on time for those two weeks and you’ll be fine.

Out of interest, could you post a screenshot of this future player in an Iron Age hood? I have never herd of anyone going to such great lengths just to be able to dominate their hood.

And btw, it is not possible to have 50 GBs. Have you tried building them twice? Thought so. It doesn’t work.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Future Era players are never placed in the same neighborhood as Iron Age players, so this is totally false.

Bolderbrain

Since when has it changed because that was happening last week. Bull crap it's fake. I'll be glad to have a mod look at my history. Maybe it was/is a cheater?

Emberguard

Years ago.

edit: If they’re Future Era they’d have to of aged up after the hood merge which is once every two weeks

Kranyar the Mysterious

If some in the future attacks someone in the Iron Age, let them have it. They have been preparing for months maybe years to jump from Iron Age to future era in less than two weeks. They deserve to be able to beat up Iron Age players, and in two weeks they will be out of your hood, and matched with other future players.
Just collect on time for those two weeks and you’ll be fine.

Out of interest, could you post a screenshot of this future player in an Iron Age hood? I have never herd of anyone going to such great lengths just to be able to dominate their hood.

And btw, it is not possible to have 50 GBs. Have you tried building them twice? Thought so. It doesn’t work.
I can guarantee you that as one of those Iron Age players planning their jump to Future Era, that I have absolutely no interest in plundering anything that a hoodie has in their city. If there is anyone else in my position, I'm extremely confident that they would feel the same way I do. I don't even look for plunder opportunities in my hood, and rarely sniping ones if I am really bored. There is nothing in my hood worth anything. GBG is far too rewarding for me to even think about my hood.