• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

Kranyar the Mysterious

If they’re Future Era they’d have to of aged up after the hood merge which is once every two weeks
And the sole reason to age up in one jump from Iron to FE is for unlimited GBG battles, so during that one week that the GBG and hood coincide that player is going to be wayyyyy to busy trying to get in as many thousands of fights in GBG as they can, along with managing their hover inventory. They are not going to even think about their hood. That would be self defeating.

Bolderbrain

For those who are calling me a liar I have it on my screen. Ok, so not 50 GB's, but he has 18 GB's, including such buildings as the Arc (level 82), terracotta army(level3), truce tower(level10), chateau frontenac (Level 71), the virgo project(level3), and so on. I had a Zeus at level 2 or 3 and the Orca of Seattle.

OK....I'm not making this up and a moderator can check this. It's in Rugnir on Sat, at 1:03 pm. That's the time of the last attack before the neighborhood changed, or I guess that's what changed because he isn't in the neighbor's list any longer.

I'm pretty new to this so that's as good as I can do but I'm not making this up. I might be wrong, maybe I don't understand something, but one thing I'm not is a liar. OK, just telling you my experience and in Rugnir it hasn't been a good one.

Kranyar the Mysterious

What is their name? PM me if you don't want to post the name here. I can get you the answer you need, and I suspect it isn't what you think.

BTW, your city on Mt. Killmore looks pretty good for an early Iron Age city. Send me a friend request in Mt. Killmore (us12) and I'll accept. BTW, my Iron Age city has way better stats than what you posted about that other player's city above.

Bolderbrain

OK, well I'm going to bo
What is their name? PM me if you don't want to post the name here. I can get you the answer you need, and I suspect it isn't what you think.

BTW, your city on Mt. Killmore looks pretty good for an early Iron Age city. Send me a friend request in Mt. Killmore (us12) and I'll accept. BTW, my Iron Age city has way better stats than what you posted about that other player's city above.

Yes, I do not want to post there name. I tried psyop's on him which sort of worked but not for long.

I'm going to bow out of this discussion now. I realize that this is an attractive/repulsive part of the game. Some hate it and other's love it. That's obvious.
Maybe there should be special prize which is boobytrap bomb a winner could place that would disable the invader for 24 hours or something.

I have an on-going comedy of attack counter attack going on with a new neighbor, he's at my level, a little under really and that is just what it is, a comedy of incompetence in combat. So that's different because I can counter attack and hope to defeat his AI, but the other was so far out of balance and unfair that I seriously almost deleted the whole city.

So thank you for listening and that's enough from my big fat mouth.

Lady Gato

Obviously you cannot read. A top 100 player in the future attacking iron age players who barely know what's going on in the first place. It's way, way, way out of place and unwarranted. There is no possible way to defend against, let alone retaliate to someone who has maybe 50 GB with many at or far above level 50.

SNIP

Say what you like but this is not encouraging to new players. Maybe some of you should try going and setting up a new city and see how that feels once more because obviously some of you are way out of touch. Not everyone want's to play armed guard. Not everyone want's to wake up to see lightning bolts over a 24 hours production building. I have one city where the BP rate is so low that I'm still sitting and waiting for a single set of Zeus prints. Months of motivating, putting FP's on other players buildings and I have one print of such helpful GB's as say the Seattle Needle, or the Lotus, or something else that's off in never never land. Meanwhile some jackass is attacking with impunity while we throw cow chips at the invaders.

It isn't whinning to tell you something is wrong and that it's probably, almost assuredly, driving away players.

I know that you've since bowed out of this "discussion" but since you've accused me of not being able to read, I hope @Agent327 let's me reply.

You may not be aware but I also am a new player and I am in Iron Age. There is NO way you have a future era beating on you unless it is the situation that Emberguard described. I have also seen people in Iron Age who are over 15 million points.

Did you do any research on this game in the beginning? Once I started and realized I was in over my head, I came to the forum and started reading and learning. I then started asking questions. There is a lot of information here, which I am fortunate enough to say that I CAN read. I learned that if I didn't want to be plundered, the best way not to be attacked is to not research military tactics. And I also learned what to do to plunder proof my city once I had decided to research military tactics. I also followed a thread called how to get your first two great buildings. And now in my main city (which is in Iron Age), I have 7 gbs (one of which is the Arc). I also have several other gbs that I have not put down yet, because of various reasons. I have not unlocked military tactics yet so I can peacefully build everything till I am ready to battle.

I also have another city on beta that I started 2 weeks after my main. I am doing some different things there - one of which is that I did research military tactics. And yes I have been attacked and plundered. I have 8 gbs there (no arc) of which 3 are over level 10.

Most of the gbs I have up (Zeus, Oracle, Arc, Babel) I got in bronze age by using the glarging method. I did stay in bronze for quite a bit. And obviously a player can get gbs that are ahead of their era.

So why am I writing such a lengthy post? Because you were offensive in your whining both to the players here and to me personally - "Obviously, you cannot read". Pshaw . . .

I think someone (you) got ahead of yourself in your game then came crying and whining to the forum about it.

Bolderbrain

Not without a ticket.

You didn’t answer my question btw

are we referring to the same thing? Or misinterpreting what you said based on key words?

Seriously, ? That's real helpful...oh thanks so much...again you're calling me liar "not without a ticket" .
Thanks so much for that. I'm just sure that's going to be encouraging to others who also may be getting victimized.

Fortunately, unlike you, someone else asked me to PM them and I did an they have the players name.
The day and time are already posted.

I don' t know if what he was doing was permitted or not. I assume it was and that's why I said what I did about how disgusting and game wrecking it is.
Apparently you don't give a damn about that truth, instead you've ignored every single thing I've said and have instead chosen to call me liar over and over.
Great, really nice, so glad I started playing forge of empires.

I gave you a brief idea of what his buildings were and at what level. I doubt that he is in the Iron Age, or even Early Middle Ages, and I'm in the Iron Age. If I knew it was gonna be this abusive I'd never have left the Bronze age till I had a Zeus at level 50 and couple other GB's.

Emberguard

Seriously, ? That's real helpful...oh thanks so much...again you're calling me liar "not without a ticket" .
I’m not calling you a liar. You said a mod could look it up. Not an option without a ticket and then we’d only discuss your own city

What I’m asking you is for clarification on are you referring to someone in a different age above you OR were you referring to a specific age called “The Future“? Because that subtle difference in language makes a massive difference for defining what exactly you’re saying.

Apparently you don't give a damn about that truth,
No one’s calling you a liar. People can be mistaken in their info which is different from lying.

If I didn’t care about the truth I wouldn’t be asking for clarification on what you mean to make sure I‘m understanding what you’re saying correctly. But you still haven’t answered the question that’d allow us to define what you mean beyond assumptions

I gave you a brief idea of what his buildings were and at what level.
Those are great buildings, not his technological age buildings. Great Buildings are irrelevant to their age because they can be built in any age

Bolderbrain

I’m not calling you a liar. You said a mod could look it up. Not an option without a ticket and then we’d only discuss your own city

What I’m asking you is for clarification on are you referring to someone in a different age above you OR were you referring to a specific age called “The Future“? Because that subtle difference in language makes a massive difference for defining what exactly you’re saying.

No one’s calling you a liar. People can be mistaken in their info which is different from lying.

If I didn’t care about the truth I wouldn’t be asking for clarification on what you mean to make sure I‘m understanding what you’re saying correctly. But you still haven’t answered the question that’d allow us to define what you mean beyond assumptions

Those are great buildings, not his technological age buildings. Great Buildings are irrelevant to their age because they can be built in any age

OK, fine then, but a ticket? I'm not running off to support every time I think something stinks, that's why I'm here instead, I spotted this thread and gave you piece of my experience that I had on Rugnir in the last week and immediately got called a liar.

I don't know if this is permitted or not but it looks to me like good way drive away players. The only reason you are even aware of it is because I didn't delete my city in Rugnir because the neighborhood changed and took jackass with it...thank God!

Any mod should be able to call up my city and look through the event history, especially since I listed the day and hour, and find and probably watch a replay. It's not a mystery for tech to find I'm quite sure so that excuse doesn't fly with me. Besides any mod can send me a message in real time and ask the specifics.

I'm probably wrong, it's probably normal, maybe you just expect new players to function as shooting gallery subjects for billionaires.

All I'm saying to you people, if you would just listen instead of making excuses, is that it did drive me to basically abandon the city. I think many of you are so far up in this game that you've lost any inkling of what it's like to have this going on, especially during an event when you're really trying to get a little prize.
I'm not invested in this game like you people are. I've only got a month or so in this and most of you have years in it.

This is a great game. Don't misunderstand me on that. I've got six cities and I'll probably end up keeping 3 of those even though I should delete at least 4, so it's not like I hate FOE. I'm just like all the addicts, I really have a great time most of the time, but that experience was enough to make me think very seriously of just deleting all the cities and calling it a warp.

I really did hate that experience and let the player know I hated him too. I don't think it should be allowed and I think it's game wrecking.
OK, it happened and I'm sure it's still happening and that the same player is undoubtedly now doing the exact same thing to some other poor newbee.
So that's it, I've said what happened to me it is a game killing experience whether you care to admit it or not.

Emberguard

OK, fine then, but a ticket? I'm not running off to support every time I think something stinks, that's why I'm here instead
That’s fine. You don’t need to, you came to the correct spot. I’m merely responding to the claim you made that a mod could simply look it up to confirm. It’s not that we wouldn’t know where to look, it’s that we couldn’t look without a ticket

Agent327

All I'm saying to you people, if you would just listen instead of making excuses

"All people" could say the same to you. You accuse others of "not reading", but you are doing exactly the same.

An ingame mod needs a ticket to have a look at the info you want them to look at. They are not allowed to do so without a ticket.

Players and forum mods like me can look up the info but they need a name. You keep going on about the GB's he has, but that does not mean a thing. I am pretty sure you are dealing with a camper. You can check for yourself. Look him up, don't look at his GB's, but look at his Town Hall. If that is in the Future, like you say it is, then put in a ticket so Support can see how fast he moved forward and if there was a bug or not.

It is a very easy solution to stop a discussion that in this way is going nowhere.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The player in question currently has an EMA city in Rugnir, so obviously it was an Iron Age city that aged up during that neighborhood. It would have been classified as a decent camped IA city, but nothing special or out of the ordinary. This is simply a case of the op thinking that it was unfair that someone that has spent time building up their city and is more advanced then them would be allowed in their neighborhood I guess.

Bolderbrain

"All people" could say the same to you. You accuse others of "not reading", but you are doing exactly the same.

An ingame mod needs a ticket to have a look at the info you want them to look at. They are not allowed to do so without a ticket.

Players and forum mods like me can look up the info but they need a name. You keep going on about the GB's he has, but that does not mean a thing. I am pretty sure you are dealing with a camper. You can check for yourself. Look him up, don't look at his GB's, but look at his Town Hall. If that is in the Future, like you say it is, then put in a ticket so Support can see how fast he moved forward and if there was a bug or not.

It is a very easy solution to stop a discussion that in this way is going nowhere.
Thank You, the issue is solved now. FYI:

I didn't come here to file a complaint. I came here to say what I thought and to relate why, which got me called a liar, but it turns out that my experience is probably fairly common.

Kyanyar the mysterious, whom did ask me for the information via a PM, also did a lot homework and sent me PM explaining what took place. It turns out that what I experienced was within the game rules.

I can only say that realistically there needs to be a realistic means for defense which would act as a deterrent, such as a means to lay a booby trap which could disable a player for X number of hours, say an exploding house, or a means where defender could trap an invader inside their city, such as cutting off roads, but something more realistic than the offered suggestions of increasing defensive buildings and other things which require time, resources, and luck. Those are really quite unhelpful and practically ineffective given the extreme I was dealing with.

Again, thank you but the issue is now over.