• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DevaCat

Lol, I wondered too! I wonder if a Slovenian ied is worse than say an Irish ied (sorry Irish, no insult intended, I love the Irish!).

ReserveBum

Looking for suggestions here...fairly new in the LMA. I get plundered daily by the same person. I try to time my goods mfg so its collected quickly, but I do need to have a job, life and sleep. This person may not have those limitations. Pretty frustrating, but its the game I guess. I look at their city and there is not one residential or goods building and they have maybe two production bldgs but a bunch of military and approx 12 GB. Also has every kind of diamond costing item (full harvest barn set, full hippodrome etc). How do you even do that? I try to stay away from doing any battles and attempt to build my city through manufacturing and trading. Anyhow, even if I did spend some diamonds for an army, I couldnt beat this person, and if I did they have no goods to plunder. Thx

Plain Red Justice

I get plundered
So? You would have to adjust to the mentality that plundering doesn't do virtually anything in this game that is tailored for casual gameplay. If you are getting badly impacted by the plunderer taking what... 10 goods? 20 goods? 5 FPs? then you have very severe problems with your gameplay that you have to address.

You can start by knowing that FP packs inside your inventory cannot get plundered. Learn the game from there

Emberguard

Also has every kind of diamond costing item (full harvest barn set, full hippodrome etc)
Neither of those would have necessarily required diamonds to complete. Not everyone got them without diamonds and it's certainly possible they may have used a few to complete them. But there definitely would have been some players that got both those buildings for free fully completed through placing in a high enough league.

As anything aided is plunderproof while aided if you find yourself unable (for any reason) to consistently collect on time then your best defense is to aim for anything that is able to be protected with motivation or is automatically plunderproof. Buildings within a set that display as "All Ages" when in inventory will automatically age up to your current age and are also plunderproof without needing motivation.

So from the Harvest Barn Set your Autumn Scarecrow (Goods) and Begonia Bench (Forge Points) should be plunderproof while the Harvest Barn itself and the Sunflower Patch would need to be aided to escape plunder.

Crows Nest is plunderproof. Statue of Honour is also plunderproof so if you manage to get the Road to Victory there's some plunderproof goods as well (because the goods are added to the statue)

You could consider putting up a 3 day city shield from the Tavern on really bad neighbourhoods. it'll stop them from further attacks for 3 days. It's not something you're likely to put up indefinitely it'll just give a respite to a persistent plunderer.

ReserveBum

Thank you for the replies and suggestions. Actually 20 goods or 5 FP lost is an impact so I guess I have severe problems. FP packs? I think I have seen one or two from quests that I needed goods/FP's to complete but I dont readily have any.
And the Crows Nest, Statue of Honour and the full Road to Victory are items my plunderer has as well so I will see if I can work to get those.
Thx again

Emberguard

And the Crows Nest, Statue of Honour and the full Road to Victory are items my plunderer has as well so I will see if I can work to get those.
Thx again
Crows Nest you can get from the Antiques Dealer auction. So you'll need to build up some antique trade coins to win it in the auction.

Statue of Honour + Road to Victory are won from Guild Battlegrounds. Road to Victory you'd have to join a guild that's in Platinum or Diamond leagues as it's exclusive to those leagues. Statue of Honour can be won from any league.

Actually 20 goods or 5 FP lost is an impact so I guess I have severe problems.
In that case the biggest problem is likely to be city layout. Look through the cities in your neighbourhood. Ignore what the buildings are in the city and just see if you can work out what strategies are being employed in laying out an effective design. If you can eliminate all empty spaces in your city (and reduce the amount of roads required) you'll be able to place more buildings down. This means if you still have room for goods buildings you can place more of them down so when you get plundered it's not going to hurt as much.

DevaCat

Looking for suggestions here...fairly new in the LMA. I get plundered daily by the same person. I try to time my goods mfg so its collected quickly, but I do need to have a job, life and sleep. This person may not have those limitations. Pretty frustrating, but its the game I guess. I look at their city and there is not one residential or goods building and they have maybe two production bldgs but a bunch of military and approx 12 GB. Also has every kind of diamond costing item (full harvest barn set, full hippodrome etc). How do you even do that? I try to stay away from doing any battles and attempt to build my city through manufacturing and trading. Anyhow, even if I did spend some diamonds for an army, I couldnt beat this person, and if I did they have no goods to plunder. Thx
@Emberguard has already given you good advice. I will just add that I have a LMA city as well, with no residential or goods buildings at all. Well, one goods building put up during some event and I just left it up. I do have a number of supply buildings because I use them with a Chateau de Frontenac to do recurring quests, which is how I obtain my goods. There is nothing there for a plunderer to take, as most will be focused on fps and goods. In my current hood, the #1 has a taste for my L2 Piazza Homes (fps) (he has visited before lol). So, to reduce your city's attractiveness, you could research the CF and RQs, and also be wary of buildings which will be targets.

The other thing is maybe to rethink your decision to stay away from doing any battles. Doing battles earns you battle points which go towards your overall neighborhood ranking, which gets you out of the bottom half of the hood where most of the beat-downs will take place. That won't protect you from a well-developed diehard, but being in the top ten of the neighborhood deters a lot of attackers.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Thank you for the replies and suggestions. Actually 20 goods or 5 FP lost is an impact so I guess I have severe problems. FP packs? I think I have seen one or two from quests that I needed goods/FP's to complete but I dont readily have any.
I'll weigh in here and point out that the above comment highly points to rushing through the ages too fast. InnoGames makes it way too easy to over rush the early eras, and this is probably the most common problem that we see. It is also frustrating for players who get in over their heads, and leads to a lot of people leaving the game. Slow down and stay in LMA for awhile. Stop advancing on the research tree past the end of LMA, and stop advancing on the campaign map without reading through the wiki's or some articles on the forum like this one:

Recurring quests, while boring to do, are the best way in the game to gain goods, but they require a decently leveled Chateau Frontenac (and I recommend a decently leveled Himeji Castle too). You don't have to do a lot of recurring quests to make a large impact. Having both those great buildings allows you to save space in your city by reducing the need for any goods buildings (and associated population buildings), and the HC gives lots of supplies as part of it's daily collection reducing the need for supply buildings (and associated population buildings). See a trend here? One of the biggest issues with recurring quests is that it is possible to lose them if you progress too far or unwisely on the Campaign map. Protecting your recurring quests is quite important if you wish to use them.

Jern2017

Got another one just earlier; we're in the CE and I attacked him yesterday. He uses Stealth Tanks and other advanced age units in his defense, which is also pretty high. I used CE units and autobattle and defeated every neighbor except him. I returned today and it doesn't look like he's entertained anymore.

Attachments

• 20201202_011818.jpg
    20201202_011818.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 35

MarktheMagnificent

All you people getting crymail - I'm so jealous, I never get any. If there is anyone out there in D-World and I plunder you, please send me a crymail as I want to feel included. It's coming up to Christmas, the time of giving, so if I steal something from your city please be kind and drop me a note with a well thought out whinge.

Jern2017

All you people getting crymail - I'm so jealous, I never get any. If there is anyone out there in D-World and I plunder you, please send me a crymail as I want to feel included. It's coming up to Christmas, the time of giving, so if I steal something from your city please be kind and drop me a note with a well thought out whinge.

I play in Dunarsund, crymail isn't such a rare occurrence with me. This one I got today was a pleasant change:

Attachments

• 20201203_153835.jpg
    20201203_153835.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 35