• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser31882

Welfare check? What a weird comparison. Although...

The mental image of raging vikings or barbarians charging at a city center and then suddenly forming up into a line to cash their checks at the Palace, is pretty humorous.

I decided not to jump into EMA this rotation and see how the new pvp changes pan out. Looks like over half are behind the tech invulnerability. And half of the ones not in tech invulnerability have 2 spear defense. *shrugs*

DeletedUser

Welfare check? What a weird comparison. Although...

The mental image of raging vikings or barbarians charging at a city center and then suddenly forming up into a line to cash their checks at the Palace, is pretty humorous.
Hilarious image!!:p

ODragon

We already saw that first message in an earlier post but he sent more today.

So far, I've only plundered 6 FP (last week) but he's put on 13 FP trying to ruin my doubles. As you can see, what he's done before hasn't hurt.

This is better than extortion as I can steal FP from him and he puts them on my building!

I didn't bother editing out his identity. Do I have to?

cry.jpg

DeletedUser29295

We already saw that first message in an earlier post but he sent more today.

So far, I've only plundered 6 FP (last week) but he's put on 13 FP trying to ruin my doubles. As you can see, what he's done before hasn't hurt.

This is better than extortion as I can steal FP from him and he puts them on my building!

I didn't bother editing out his identity. Do I have to?

View attachment 8760

And I thought I had the corner of knuckleheads responding to my taxation. You, sir, have won the award for the month of November.

DeletedUser31505

I've only got one person plundering me. he has been in my hood for 2 weeks now. He got used to my Cidermill producing the 8 hour 5 goods, i have taken to logging in just before the time he ALWAYS comes back for the plunder, and canceling my mill production, and doing the 5 or 15 minute production (minimal supplies/coins)

I enjoy it. Its funny, because i collect every single other production, and just love the idea of this person going 'what the heck? i wasted my time for THIS?'

As a note, i dont currently plunder, and i think the people who i have been attacking lately realized this (i only attack for PVP quests, or 'defeat XX units' quests).

Might start plundering soon, if only because i am having a harder and harder time producing sufficient supplies (event quests keep draining my stockpiles)

ODragon

just love the idea of this person going 'what the heck? i wasted my time for THIS?'
As someone who plunders a lot, I can honestly say that it doesn' bother me in the slightest if I get your palace or coins. Sure, I prefer the palace but thats not why I do it. It is to get more stuff, doesnt matter if it is five medals or something else.

DeletedUser31505

I actually have a fairly decent defense, this person loses 3-5 units every time they attack, so its also costing them in terms of Balistae and Armored Cavalry. Which is funny because my defense is only fairly decent in that i even if i get defeated, no one comes out unscathed.

66 gold isnt exactly what i call a fair trade off for 2 or 3 Armored Cavalry. (Heavy Cavalry?)

DeletedUser30312

I've only got one person plundering me. he has been in my hood for 2 weeks now. He got used to my Cidermill producing the 8 hour 5 goods, i have taken to logging in just before the time he ALWAYS comes back for the plunder, and canceling my mill production, and doing the 5 or 15 minute production (minimal supplies/coins)

I swear everyone in my hood who has an upgraded mill is using them for supplies. Why upgrade the damn thing if you're just making supplies? Arrg! Though that strategy isn't necessarily bad, but I would find it quite irksome.

As someone who plunders a lot, I can honestly say that it doesn' bother me in the slightest if I get your palace or coins. Sure, I prefer the palace but thats not why I do it. It is to get more stuff, doesnt matter if it is five medals or something else.

I'm sitting in Colonial with something in neighborhood of 29 million coins. Knocking a few hundred off a house just isn't worth my time. I only do it if the time is almost up for that slight chance of getting a blueprint.

And @alkayman is just cold. I'd say by that point in the game, players should be wary of attackers, but most of the neighbors I've had are very docile. Still, whining isn't going to stop it. Either buff up and fight back, or avoid vulnerabilities.

I've got myself a nice little war going this week. One of my neighbors has been attacking me on a regular basis, and he's using rogues which of course gets past my defense. However I retaliate and his defenses are weaker than my own while we both have similar combat bonuses, so I smash his defenses as well. His biggest advantage is that he's advanced into Industrial and has stronger units to deploy against me. I left him alone on Sunday because I wanted to let my timers reset like I usually do every Sunday and I didn't want to provoke him. He responded by attacking me anyway and looting my Zen Zone. Now the gloves are off. I retaliated not just against him, but his two guildmates in the hood, and plundered one of their Zen Zones. Then I knocked some fps off his Rosarium the other day, and then a fully-boosted Indy aged Indian Palace earlier today. I can keep this up until Monday (when he'll be cycled out of the hood). THIS is how the game is supposed to be!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29055

I enjoy it. Its funny, because i collect every single other production, and just love the idea of this person going 'what the heck? i wasted my time for THIS?'

I don't plunder a lot, but ... I enjoy this because I know that people will miss out producing FPs only to annoy me.

DeletedUser30312

My little war has brought my my first bit of hate mail in months:

hatemail.jpg

So he adjusted his defense to take on the Grenadier I've been sending in with the rogues. Unfortunately for him, I adjusted my attack to take into account the Howitzer he'd fielded yesterday:

bring it.jpg

Damn, I love this game sometimes.

victory.jpg

ODragon

I'm sitting in Colonial with something in neighborhood of 29 million coins. Knocking a few hundred off a house just isn't worth my time. I only do it if the time is almost up for that slight chance of getting a blueprint.
I'm in Colonial with almost 200k coins and still take them if that's all there is to take when the plunder timer is running out. Blueprints are part of the stuff one wants to get when you plunder.

DeletedUser31440

I'm in Colonial with almost 200k coins and still take them if that's all there is to take when the plunder timer is running out. Blueprints are part of the stuff one wants to get when you plunder.

The only thing I want from plundering are the tears of my enemies.

DeletedUser29295

I got some more crymail: after several weeks of nothing, I think my hood is tired of me.

Screenshot (379)_LI.jpg

My Guildmate and I have been hitting his 2 full Palace Sets which he aged up to Industrial. Nice little bonus with my Atlantis.

DeletedUser31505

Alkay, gotta say, im finding the joy in attacking and plundering people who have hit EMA without proper prep. My neighborhood has several people with multiple high production supplies buildings, yet they still have 2 spearman defenses.