• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

ODragon

So far, I've only plundered 6 FP (last week) but he's put on 13 FP trying to ruin my doubles.
My friend here went up an age earlier in the week and did well in GE so I don't have the troops/boosts to take his out so he is protected. This morning I wake up to find he dropped 23 FP on my Arc which is great as it is now level 18. He got zero BP/Medals. I couldn't be happier with him. I'm going to thank him again since that was 23 FP I would have had to find.

DeletedUser29295

Alkay, gotta say, im finding the joy in attacking and plundering people who have hit EMA without proper prep. My neighborhood has several people with multiple high production supplies buildings, yet they still have 2 spearman defenses.

I have players in my hood that are STILL using 2 spearchuckers for D. Like the one in post 919 there. I am staying in Industrial at least untill after the 1st of next year (I wanted to stay in Colonial, but we had enough members there so I moved up where we were weaker in members). I really hope to keep him in my hood on Monday. ;)

DeletedUser29295

So far, I've only plundered 6 FP (last week) but he's put on 13 FP trying to ruin my doubles. As you can see, what he's done before hasn't hurt.

When they do that to me, I thank them, then tax them to make up for the missed double. Sure, it may take a bit of time to align my collections again, but even missing a double dip is more then made up for with what I get from the entire hood each day.

DeletedUser31505

Ah, well i have learned a nice new trick from my regular attacker. He held off on plundering until the edge of his 24 hours, then plundered my beekeeper, attacked again less than 5 minutes later, and plundered my Cidermill. smart cookie. I'm going to use that!

DeletedUser29295

Ah, well i have learned a nice new trick from my regular attacker. He held off on plundering until the edge of his 24 hours, then plundered my beekeeper, attacked again less than 5 minutes later, and plundered my Cidermill. smart cookie. I'm going to use that!

I keep notes on many players, including times to plunder. I have one in my hood I wait to the last minutes to tax him, then I attack and tax him again. I always get his Palace and either his second Palace or a Terrace Farm for 5 FP.

DeletedUser29563

17 fp plunder run thru the hood this morning....palace(6)...two soccer fields(4)...2 bazaars(4)...fully upgraded mill(3).

This is my new personal best as far as fp are concerned. Go me!

DeletedUser29295

Just had someone destroy their entire city last night: I had taxed the full Palace set for 2x with my Atlantis. He had a nice city as well. And I got this:

Screenshot (23)_LI.jpg

DeletedUser30312

As for people who don't know how to defend:

I've noticed with the new PvP changes players can't set a defense army until PvP is unlocked. I expect even more clueless players to be coming up the pipeline unprepared for plundering.

Honestly, I don't think Inno did noobs any favors with that PvP change. It puts them at a greater disadvantage by not making it available earlier to learn from and by lulling them into a false sense of security.

DeletedUser31592

As for people who don't know how to defend:

I've noticed with the new PvP changes players can't set a defense army until PvP is unlocked. I expect even more clueless players to be coming up the pipeline unprepared for plundering.

Honestly, I don't think Inno did noobs any favors with that PvP change. It puts them at a greater disadvantage by not making it available earlier to learn from and by lulling them into a false sense of security.

Very good point. Maybe I should PvP in my IA city.... I don't usually PvP, but that could be very easy pickings.... I'd probably only plunder people with daily challenges.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, see the defense feature is locked out in lower ages:

noob.png

Got this lousy setup in my hood this week:

bad sets.jpg

He's been in my hood before, and I think I might have given him advice on setting up his sets right. Unfortunately, he still hasn't learned.

Falconwing

I am 1181 out of 1500 on plundering.
I plunder because people have stuff and I like stuff.
I go for FP's first. I'll check in several times before the 24 hours is up if I see FP buildings. Then I go for HoF's if there, followed by Goods, supplies, and coins. Coins I take if the Plunder timer is near expiration. Don't need coins, but gotta plunder something for chance at BP's.
I don't pay attention to who Aids or not, I just start at the top of my Hood and work my way down. The only way to be safe is to fight back or send a friend request. Even if they can't break my defense, as long as they keep trying I'll give em a break.
The best reason to plunder? Hate mail. I LOVE hate mail. Makes me all warm on the inside when I can push someone to writing hate mail over nothing. Just a game ya'know.

DeletedUser29563

Ok so I have a plunder question for you all. How far down the hood rankings do you plunder? I am ranked in the top 4 of my colonial age hood each rotation. And I always spare the bottom 15 players or so..depending on their development and ranking. Does anyone else do this? Should I be hitting them top to bottom?
Curious to hear opinions on this.

DeletedUser28670

Ok so I have a plunder question for you all. How far down the hood rankings do you plunder? I am ranked in the top 4 of my colonial age hood each rotation. And I always spare the bottom 15 players or so..depending on their development and ranking. Does anyone else do this? Should I be hitting them top to bottom?
Start plundering? Plunder them all.
If the lower players aren't prepped for an age, think of them as having rushed through the ages. They should be plundered for racing up the ages and not bothering to build a good city.

DeletedUser

What Lord Muggle said. The only time it used to be reasonable to not attack the bottom hood members was in Bronze/Iron Ages before they delayed PvP. Now, it is open season on everyone that has unlocked the ability to attack and be attacked. If they weren't ready, they shouldn't have unlocked it. I'm very compassionate, as you can easily see. :p

DeletedUser29295

I totally agree with Stephen and Muggle on this. Besides, then you would miss out on the potential of getting these:

Screenshot (27)_LI.jpg

DeletedUser31505

Alright Alkayman, that is actually really funny. Maybe i am a bit of a troll, but i love it when people get upset over games and the like.