• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser27889

@Hootengoben Thank you, that's kind of you to say.

Best part of the post is that on the forum you're the beautiful, yet bald Captain Picard while in the game you're the beautiful, princess-lara like character with lovely hair.

WHICH IS IT>??
That avatar is from the Isadora Duncan historical quest line from a couple years ago but now that you mention it I could really see how it looks like Princess Leia http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Isadora_Duncan_Historical_Questline

I do have hair. I am in fact, neither Captain Jean Luc Picard nor Isadora Duncan =)

Itispat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3882

Thank you all for this thread ;) It has to be my favorite and it’s taken me some time to read through it all since coming back from my last sabbatical from the game! I thought best to share with you all an entry in FoE lore to hopefully inspire you all to keep up the good fight (and that fight is attacking and plundering neighbors!) and keep this thread going :)

Fellow Posters,

I have received correspondence from a neighboring land bespeaking of the exploits and deeds of one of our own. I post this here as an Open Proclamation:

FROM QUEEN xxxxxx:

Hello. I would guess you are head man in your guild. I understand the philosophy of your group, but I don't get what honor or much benefit there is in your guild member (xxxxxx) repeatedly attacking and plundering his neighbors with such fewer points then he. He has caused several to quit the game and others are thinking of doing the same because they cannot get ahead with goods and supplies when he is taking them daily. There certainly is no honor in so unfair a fight and I doubt he is getting much in the way of points or meaningful quantities of goods/supplies considering his level. Gee, you'd think the Robbing Hoods would not take from the very weak to give to the very strong. If you don't or won't address this with him, I understand; it is just I feel very bad for those little players who are struggling to get ahead and are getting beaten up by a bully.

Response below:

Hail and well met Queen xxxxxx,

I pray that the dawning of this early morning eve’s sun finds you healthy and well. Allow me to thank you for your missive and the telling of the deeds of xxxxxx. I was quite pleased to receive it. He is a true and tested member of the Robbing Hoods. It is quite a credit to his Kingship and those of his lands that another of the ruling class should put pen to parchment and record the fortitude of his exploits.

In your missive unto us you affirm an understanding of the Robbing Hoods ideologies and functioning parameters. If I may be so bold as to advance the notion that those foreign to our assemblage cannot speak authoritatively on such matters. As you have approached us in a manner most befitting a Queen of your station I shall extend you every courtesy commensurate with your convention.

Our Guild functions under the belief that those not fit to rule, should not. It is a disservice to those that would serve them to have an unfit leader. If a ruler cannot hold their lands, or rise to the challenge and grow strong enough to protect those under their charge, they do not deserve those charges. When I came to these lands there were 70 plus kingdoms established before me. I fought and scraped to keep all I had. I established timed deliveries of goods and supplies under the careful concealment of the night. Contracts were signed and deals made oft to my detriment but for the betterment of my kingdom and its people. Each defeat only made me grow more determined and more resourceful in the pursuit of my goal. To be the best King and leader these lands have seen.

To that end I have risen to be the foremost King in lands and wealth in my province. I have sought out like minded individuals who share my beliefs and we have formed alliances. In all modesty I affirm that there is nothing to set me apart from another. I have no intellect which is beyond rival, my skill of steel and strategy were learned and earned in practical convention available to any who aspire to this station.

Xxxxxx is a excellent example of this self same determination. You claim there is no honor in one attacking would be rulers. You say that in the aforementioned initiatives xxxxxx has caused the hearts of these would be rulers to melt in fear or quiver in resignation. To this I say HUZZAHHH! I say this for all those who would become "pigs to the slaughter" under the rule of a King or Queen who would fail them and cause them more misery than they would otherwise know. Not all are fit to lead, in fact very few are. Best to separate the dross early before the wounding of spirit and determination are likewise quenched in the innocent.

This is how we “give to the weak” as you have said. Please be assured that I will address this with xxxxxx. We shall have a feast in his honor for the preservation of the lives and prosperity of these good folks which have been spared a feeble rule.

Again accept my humble thanks for the retelling of his deeds. Please be assured they shall be celebrated accordingly.

He¥bo

King of the ☣MEMETIC HAZARD☣ and the Dingleberry Haze

Co-founder of The Robbing Hoods, The Sherwood Bandits, The Dead Rabbitz and the whole damn Sherwood Forest!

DeletedUser31498

@Hootengoben Thank you, that's kind of you to say.

That avatar is from the Isadora Duncan historical quest line from a couple years ago but now that you mention it I could really see how it looks like Princess Leia http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Isadora_Duncan_Historical_Questline

I do have hair. I am in fact, neither Captain Jean Luc Picard nor Isadora Duncan =)

View attachment 9411

wow that was before I started, but for all the whiners on current events quest 4 was scout a province and 6 was research a tech. all for a wishing well!

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I'll try to be more clear on my stance though.

I like that he gave me free fp's on the Arc, but while I like that I dislike that he decided to level my Arc without any notice to me more.

I mean this can't be right. If you had a fully unopened level and he puts 100% of the FPs on, are you still mad? He put on 300. Without knowing the reward, if it hadn't been sniped yet it likely wasn't anywhere near a profit for a level 80 Arc. He made a large investment, and wanted the BP/medals immediately. He deserved it.

And he's right. Your goods are useless, hence your double-dip fantasy is just silly. Am I right that your goods have zero value to your guild? In that case, your Arc absolutely is the same as ToR and Zeus, as he mentioned.

Plundering is not bullying, but berating someone for helping you I honestly do consider bullying, especially when he's right and was so over the top nice to you even though you're wrong in this case. Idk, I really dislike this from you.

DeletedUser27889

Do I plunder him? Do I leave him alone? I want to tax him so hard, but I feel bad because he's handing it to me on a silver platter. Why couldn't he have just told me to shove it or gotten angry?
I'm not trying to insert myself into the back and forth here but in my experience Arcs always got flipped. There were times in the sweet spot I'd log into the game and be 2 levels ahead of where I was last I checked.

The only way to combat that would be to not open additional levels since typically 1st or 2nd place would put on more once it was close to flip me and lock it again. If someone tries to do that and hits a brick wall and wastes points on the flip, they're not going to do it again.

I think this person feels genuinely bad that they have offended you or done something wrong. I'm not saying not to plunder but I think a 'hey please don't do that again, I have a plan' message would have done. I don't think plundering him will make him feel any worse than it seems he does in those messages.

Funny enough a couple of months ago I was locking up buildings of self levelers I've befriended and came to one of a person I've been contributing to for so long I actually would give them full locks if I stumbled across it in time. My math was completely off and I ended up leveling their Arc (and also wasting all the points I put on it as the spot I was going for was way off what I calculated), I debated even messaging the person since.... it's an Arc. But I decide to treat it like I would if I had done any other and sent 'I am sorry, I just leveled your Arc by mistake. My math was off and I apologize if you were looking for the double dip.'

They shot back with this nasty, 'You think your bps are more important than my goods blablabla' I explained no, I do not need any arc BPs I am the person whose been locking up your arc this entire time, mainly at cost (taking advantage of spend FP RQ + getting medals from someone I knew was an active quick leveler) and have been locking up your buildings for the greater part of a year. As I said I made a mistake and apologize.

They deleted me as a friend, I said good riddance and if they think they can keep their arc double dips when the already unlocked all the levels they are in for a rude awakening later. Now they have had to spend more for every level of every GB since I'm not there to lock. Me, I just moved on to the next self leveler on my list.

Come to think of it, that story has little to no relation to yours... Carry on.

DeletedUser31440

I think this person feels genuinely bad that they have offended you or done something wrong. I'm not saying not to plunder but I think a 'hey please don't do that again, I have a plan' message would have done. I don't think plundering him will make him feel any worse than it seems he does in those messages.

This is where my hangup on the whole matter lies at the moment. I need to make a decision going forward if my attacking/plundering is about inconveniencing or just to get a message through. In this case the message has already been delivered and he obviously understands it, but I just don't know if that's enough for me yet. My leaning at the moment is that the delivery of the message is the more important aspect and the vindictiveness is just a bonus if the person becomes obstinate.

DeletedUser8428

This is where my hangup on the whole matter lies at the moment. I need to make a decision going forward if my attacking/plundering is about inconveniencing or just to get a message through. In this case the message has already been delivered and he obviously understands it, but I just don't know if that's enough for me yet. My leaning at the moment is that the delivery of the message is the more important aspect and the vindictiveness is just a bonus if the person becomes obstinate.

And this whole thing makes me laugh! From what I read here, part of being the plunderER is messing with the plunderEE's head, right? Looks like the tables are turned, Ozzy :) ROTFL.

DeletedUser3882

I think I need to take some mescaline and disappear in a sweat lodge for a few days to figure this out.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNo! Sweat lodge not needed. Take your mescaline and let the feelings fester. Let them boil. Let them grow. Nurture them. They say this is “part of the game”. Nay nay I say! Let it be part of you! Let it be you!

DeletedUser31882

Gah. I kept thinking the back and forth discussion met with understanding. So I'll throw my old draft hat in the ring.

I've got a bit of a head scratcher here, not sure how to continue. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Now that I've had a second to think about it, this reminds me of an episode of Hey Arnold!. Arnold is going to get beat up so he convinces the guy that he is crazy by beating himself up (Arnold beats himself up) to avoid being beat up by the guy.

Good example of gunboat diplomacy? You show up with the tanks and they are like "Oh hey! Sorry to be in your path of conquest! Here, have some cookies!".

I guess it depends on if you were looking for salt and got sugar and a smile in return. Do(did) they deserve the retribution?

*reads further* I like the idea of 'teachable' moments. You threatened Taxation, so may as well make yourself true to your word.

HE'S A HOODIE. wtf is going on here. Hoodies are there to harm you if they desire. How can you be a plunderer with your mindset. He gave you 300 FPS, you lost worthless goods. You live to take 5 FPs from someone by taxing them. HE GAVE YOU 300. You expect him to ask permission?

Your logic here is embarrassing.

To be fair, @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings is showing he isn't a heartless, cold-hearted snowman. I took it as a conundrum of morality and establishing rules and/or dominance. Retribution pillaging is all about the 'Pillage Justice served because you broke the rules', so the logic checks out in my book. It's like how society deals with someone who commits a crime; sometimes we lock em up, other times we let them go if they promise to do & perform community service. Context will help shape the individual's discretion when the Justice applied. Hence Ozy shared the scenario for discussion.

In @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings 's case, he was going to punish the flip action(The FP donation was irrelevant). Then the player wasn't salty in response to the taunting, so that eliminated the easy excuse of pillaging them for poor sportsmanship. Not only did they not return the taunting, they offered up their timers/goods. That's smart diplomacy in my book.

Plundering is not bullying, but berating someone for helping you I honestly do consider bullying, especially when he's right and was so over the top nice to you even though you're wrong in this case. Idk, I really dislike this from you.

Potential Analogy: Someone breaks into your house and replaces your TV with a new & better one. They did a nice thing (New TV/Donated FP), but they did something bad to do it(Broke into house & took old TV/flipped GB). How big of a punishment should the person receive to make sure they understand that breaking into your house is not acceptable behavior?

Thankfully, FoE 'punishments' are easier to cope with & @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings 's situation brought us something new to chew on than the usual crymails.

DeletedUser29295

I never worry about stuff like this. The way I look at it, if a hoodie dumps FP on my stuff, more power to them for attacking me in the only way they really can. The only GB I have "capped" is my Arc right now: however, at some point I am going to just open a level and see what happens with my friends/hood bidding on it. When someone drops a ton of FP on my stuff, I just sit and smile because it is less I have to spend to level it.

I will miss this hood when this event ends: not only have I acquired every tower from Iron to PME (being in Industrial myself) every week without fail, I have been averaging 50-80 FP a day from the 72 member hood. Plus all the coins/supplies that have flipped my reoccurring quests for goodies, and the large amount og goods that I have not only deposited into our treasury but have been able to trade back to these hoodies at a substantial profit. This is, without a doubt, the best hood I have been in since I started playing last February. The only thing missing has been cry mail to me: after the first few they have stopped.

DeletedUser31440

I mean this can't be right. If you had a fully unopened level and he puts 100% of the FPs on, are you still mad? He put on 300. Without knowing the reward, if it hadn't been sniped yet it likely wasn't anywhere near a profit for a level 80 Arc. He made a large investment, and wanted the BP/medals immediately. He deserved it.

And he's right. Your goods are useless, hence your double-dip fantasy is just silly. Am I right that your goods have zero value to your guild? In that case, your Arc absolutely is the same as ToR and Zeus, as he mentioned.

Sorry, didn't see this until @Titris Thrawns post quoted it. So I think we're not looking at this issue in the same light. You seem to be focused on the pointlessness of the goods and the double dip and the value of the fp's donated. I agree with both of those, but for me the bigger issue that prompted everything is the leveling. While the Arc goods are completely useless to my guild and I, I think our lowest treasury amount in my age is 25,000 or so, the issue for me is him leveling with no attempt to get input from me. The no input leveling is the action that I take issue with and plundered him for. While I understand all that your saying I still feel compelled to let him know what actions he can take with me that will meet with resistance, and leveling one of my gb's without any input from me is definitely an offensible action in my mind. I like Thrawns' TV analogy, I think in this case 10 dried herbs is an appropriate slap on the wrist for what he did, which many won't see as being wrong, but I still do.

DeletedUser31440

I never worry about stuff like this. The way I look at it, if a hoodie dumps FP on my stuff, more power to them for attacking me in the only way they really can. The only GB I have "capped" is my Arc right now: however, at some point I am going to just open a level and see what happens with my friends/hood bidding on it. When someone drops a ton of FP on my stuff, I just sit and smile because it is less I have to spend to level it.

I will miss this hood when this event ends: not only have I acquired every tower from Iron to PME (being in Industrial myself) every week without fail, I have been averaging 50-80 FP a day from the 72 member hood. Plus all the coins/supplies that have flipped my reoccurring quests for goodies, and the large amount og goods that I have not only deposited into our treasury but have been able to trade back to these hoodies at a substantial profit. This is, without a doubt, the best hood I have been in since I started playing last February. The only thing missing has been cry mail to me: after the first few they have stopped.

If I had the time to both snipe and plunder in my cities this wouldn't be an issue. I'd see the leveling as a way for him to get back at me for plundering him, which would be about the only retribution he can get. That scenario would be much easier for me to deal with, this one forces me to truly think about my game play and what I want to accomplish with my attacks and plundering. The more time I spend thinking about this the less I can justify continuing to attack and plunder him, but I also feel that the first attack and plunder was justifiable with my unwritten list of offensible actions by hoodies that demand an answer.

DeletedUser31498

Sorry, didn't see this until @Titris Thrawns post quoted it. So I think we're not looking at this issue in the same light. You seem to be focused on the pointlessness of the goods and the double dip and the value of the fp's donated. I agree with both of those, but for me the bigger issue that prompted everything is the leveling. While the Arc goods are completely useless to my guild and I, I think our lowest treasury amount in my age is 25,000 or so, the issue for me is him leveling with no attempt to get input from me. The no input leveling is the action that I take issue with and plundered him for. While I understand all that your saying I still feel compelled to let him know what actions he can take with me that will meet with resistance, and leveling one of my gb's without any input from me is definitely an offensible action in my mind. I like Thrawns' TV analogy, I think in this case 10 dried herbs is an appropriate slap on the wrist for what he did, which many won't see as being wrong, but I still do.

omg that tv analogy is pretty bad. someone breaking into your house to replace your tv? you guys like that example? lol ok.

@Ozyman Tremble Weaklings let's take this one step at a time.

If he had donated 300 FPs and flipped your Zeus, would you have the same/any negative reaction to it? Once you answer that, we'll go from there.

DeletedUser

omg that tv analogy is pretty bad. someone breaking into your house to replace your tv? you guys like that example? lol ok.

@Ozyman Tremble Weaklings let's take this one step at a time.

If he had donated 300 FPs and flipped your Zeus, would you have the same/any negative reaction to it? Once you answer that, we'll go from there.
That is a flawed question, because any experienced player would know that you can always flip a Zeus. You are making a mountain out of a molehill, and ignoring Ozy's replies about the principle of not leveling ANY GB other than Zeus or ToR without checking with the owner. It is extreme disrespect not to do that, no matter how many FP you put on there. And you are ignoring the fact that he didn't have to put that last FP on to get a higher spot, he did it solely because he didn't want to wait.

DeletedUser31498

That is a flawed question, because any experienced player would know that you can always flip a Zeus. You are making a mountain out of a molehill, and ignoring Ozy's replies about the principle of not leveling ANY GB other than Zeus or ToR without checking with the owner. It is extreme disrespect not to do that, no matter how many FP you put on there. And you are ignoring the fact that he didn't have to put that last FP on to get a higher spot, he did it solely because he didn't want to wait.

Correct, one can always flip a Zeus. Similarly, this player DID THE RESEARCH and noticed how established OP's guild was,his current age, etc, and correctly assumed that the goods were of zero value. In that case, why is flipping an Arc any different than a Zeus. You guys are so dogmatic that you can't apply logic. His Arc spits out more HMA goods than his guild will ever need. Why does flipping it matter? "Cause it's disrespectful?" So silly.

I'm making a mountain out of a molehill???? lol. a hoodie gave OP three fricking hundred FPs and he's personally insulted he didn't collect worthless goods. I feel like this is one of those classic @Stephen Longshanks troll posts just trying to be so insanely wrong it must be to upset me.

Lastly, this is probably the most wrong statement out of the three you made: "It is extreme disrespect not to [ask permission to flip], no matter how many FP you put on there"

Just so blatantly wrong. If his Arc required 400 FPs and the hoodie (who you can plunder mercilessly, yet you expect him to still ask permission to flip your GB....) put on all 400, is he still a jerk for flipping it? If he put 399 is he? First let's set aside the fact that he's a hoodie. If a friend puts on 99% on all the FPs required to level, you don't think he earned the right to flip it if he wants the rewards immediately?

DeletedUser31440

Correct, one can always flip a Zeus. Similarly, this player DID THE RESEARCH and noticed how established OP's guild was,his current age, etc, and correctly assumed that the goods were of zero value. In that case, why is flipping an Arc any different than a Zeus. You guys are so dogmatic that you can't apply logic. His Arc spits out more HMA goods than his guild will ever need. Why does flipping it matter? "Cause it's disrespectful?" So silly.

I'm making a mountain out of a molehill???? lol. a hoodie gave OP three fricking hundred FPs and he's personally insulted he didn't collect worthless goods. I feel like this is one of those classic @Stephen Longshanks troll posts just trying to be so insanely wrong it must be to upset me.

Lastly, this is probably the most wrong statement out of the three you made: "It is extreme disrespect not to [ask permission to flip], no matter how many FP you put on there"

Just so blatantly wrong. If his Arc required 400 FPs and the hoodie (who you can plunder mercilessly, yet you expect him to still ask permission to flip your GB....) put on all 400, is he still a jerk for flipping it? If he put 399 is he? First let's set aside the fact that he's a hoodie. If a friend puts on 99% on all the FPs required to level, you don't think he earned the right to flip it if he wants the rewards immediately?

He didn't do any research on my guild, he just assumed we didn't need them. He also assumed I wouldn't mind, but I did and do. I understand that you don't care about having your Arc leveled without asking, I however do mind. As far as I see it that really should be the end of discussion. As for him being a hoodie that I can plunder mercilessly, that is true but not within my playing style. If I had been attacking and plundering him, and he leveled my Arc in retribution I wouldn't have any problem with it.

Edit: I think we've taken up enough of this thread with this, if you'd like @gutmeister we can continue this in a PM.

Graviton

Plundering is not bullying, but berating someone for helping you...

Well, there's the rub, isn't it? Ozy doesn't view it as "helping" and since it's his GB, he's the only person who gets to define what help is. The person who donated the FPs doesn't get to, and you certainly don't.

On another topic, I literally just got out of the hospital after undergoing life-saving surgery. I've been plundered mercilessly, of course, for the past four days. If not for this thread I might have shot off a crymail to my plunderer. But not only do I no longer take being plundered very seriously, but surviving an 80%-fatal condition has a way of putting things in perspective. This is just a game. So have fun, folks, and lighten up.

DeletedUser

I'm making a mountain out of a molehill????
Yes, because you're jumping all over Ozyman on this. No call for it, none at all.
he's personally insulted he didn't collect worthless goods.
No, he's not. He's personally insulted because the player didn't show him the respect of asking before flipping it. And as I pointed out above, the player flipped it for his own personal convenience.
This statement is one of many reasons I would never have you in any guild of mine. My first rule of guilds is to respect each other. I know this guy isn't in Ozy's guild, but if you're going to come down on the side of disrespect here, you'd do the same with a guild mate.
Nobody has ever "earned" the right to flip someone else's GB without asking. Nobody. I only do such a thing on purpose to show disrespect, because that's what it is. And if I do it accidentally, I apologize and try to make it right. There is a clear difference between you and me on respecting other players.
"Cause it's disrespectful?" So silly.
And this is it. Respect is not silly. And if you think it is, then you (and your opinions) are clearly not worthy of it.

DeletedUser30312

I had a hoodie level my Arc on me about two weeks ago, messing up the double dip, so I smacked his city upside the head for his insolence. Then I changed my profile message to warn other hoodies that they'll get attacked for leveling GBs regardless of how much aid they give me. He's given me 200 more FP on the arc since and I've stayed my hand, as I demand GB donations or daily aid from all hoodies.