• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser34800

I probably should have let him keep "ruining" my doubles but he gave me way more than I could plunder. I looked back and the number is actually over 300FP to keep me from getting 53 FP over two buildings. He's a great neighbor.

View attachment 11337

Ha .That's awesome. And also a bit like old School mafia protection. He paid his dues, so you stop beating him up hahahaha.

This game is great. My only regret is not joining sooner hahaha. Took 2.5 years of my friend pushing it on me before I finally started playing. How wrong I was hahaha

DeletedUser34800

Is your friend still playing?

@Emberguard

Yep. He's currently moved into OF and regrets it entirely. Didn't like AF much either, but dislikes OF more. He basically has scared me from aging up hahaha. Combined with the advice on the forums, it has made me park in the Progressive Era longer than any other. Maybe permanently.

He got me into his guild when I started, which is great. 8 FPs a day and GE level 4 each week. He helped me with getting the goods to most of my GBs (I recently paid for the TA). I've had a better experience than most starting and playing this game, that's for sure.

Really soon, I'll be hitting the 1 year mark of playing FoE. Have enjoyed all of it.

I know this isn't a plunder story, so thanks for reading those who did hahahahaha

DeletedUser34800

8?! I thought the max (lvl 75 was it?) only did 7FPs xD

You plundered your friends heart <3 ,Mwaahahahaha ;)

@Emberguard

8 FPs, and a really great unit time reduction.

https://imgur.com/a/zrKoILz

Hahahaha. Plundered his heart hahahaha. I'll have to tell him that.

Still, it has been a lot more fun I'm sure playing with an actual friend. I haven't really made any in game. Just the usual guild chatter.

It's fun talking strategy, discussing events and the devs future plans (I'm the forum guy, he doesn't read it), and making fun of his city....I mean discussing his game play choices hahahaha

He's got @Stephen Longshanks disdain for the Arc, that's for sure. So I just level his up when I feel like he isn't paying attention hahahaha

DeletedUser

@Emberguard

Yep. He's currently moved into OF and regrets it entirely. Didn't like AF much either, but dislikes OF more. He basically has scared me from aging up hahaha. Combined with the advice on the forums, it has made me park in the Progressive Era longer than any other. Maybe permanently.

He got me into his guild when I started, which is great. 8 FPs a day and GE level 4 each week. He helped me with getting the goods to most of my GBs (I recently paid for the TA). I've had a better experience than most starting and playing this game, that's for sure.

Really soon, I'll be hitting the 1 year mark of playing FoE. Have enjoyed all of it.

I know this isn't a plunder story, so thanks for reading those who did hahahahaha
I have a city that is now in OF, and I agree with your friend. The eras start to suck after CE. CE is the best era of all, every other city I have will stop permanently in CE.

Volodya

I have a city that is now in OF, and I agree with your friend. The eras start to suck after CE. CE is the best era of all, every other city I have will stop permanently in CE.
CE probably IS the best era; antiaircraft is the closest thing to a "win now" unit we're ever likely to have. Don't you eventually get bored though, tired of the same easy battles over and over and the same static unchanging city? I stay in an era for quite some time, but eventually it starts to feel more like work than playing a game. That's when I know it's time to age up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

CE probably IS the best era; antiaircraft is the closest thing to a "win now" unit we're ever likely to have. Don't you eventually get bored though, tired of the same easy battles over and over and the same static unchanging city? I stay in an era for quite some time, but eventually it starts to feel more like work than playing a game. That's when I know it's time to age up.
Not at all. That's the beauty of avoiding the Arc virus (or Golden Path, as it's been called). There are still GBs to acquire, GBs to level, expansions to earn. There's also leading a guild and helping others get a leg up. With staying in CE, you can have almost unlimited PE goods, so you can help every new member get the Traz and/or Chateau very early without worrying about spending their FP for the goods. The new event buildings that come out keep the game fresh to some extent. Interacting with other players, both in-game and here on the Forum, is actually the most enjoyable part of the game for me. Passing on knowledge, giving advice, learning more myself (yes, I am teachable). Comforting in-game friends through real life loss, sharing the joys of real life successes. And, of course, the occasional heated argument friendly debate. Just because you're doing the same basic thing every day, that doesn't mean it has to be boring. Look for the joy in the everyday. :)

DeletedUser

eventually it starts to feel more like work than playing a game.
You want to know what feels more like work than playing a game to me? Every age past CE. The city that I have in OF is a drudgery. I hate to go there. FE is the only one that seems halfway decent, but that's only because it comes after the very worst age of all, Tomorrow Era.

DeletedUser34800

I've read stuff like this here and in guild chat. It makes me never want to move forward past CE, which is kind of a bummer because VF LOOKS so cool with it's holograms and ninja/robot theme hahaha.

You want to know what feels more like work than playing a game to me? Every age past CE. The city that I have in OF is a drudgery. I hate to go there. FE is the only one that seems halfway decent, but that's only because it comes after the very worst age of all, Tomorrow Era.

So, in your opinion, why do the upper ages suck so bad? My friend hates the units a lot, and sending out the subs daily for the 'special' good. What about you?

I've been camped in PE for awhile now, and will continue to stay here for a long time. Not because I want to, but because I don't think I am ready GB wise or city wise. I'm worried about my goods production in ME and beyond.

DeletedUser

I've read stuff like this here and in guild chat. It makes me never want to move forward past CE, which is kind of a bummer because VF LOOKS so cool with it's holograms and ninja/robot theme hahaha.

So, in your opinion, why do the upper ages suck so bad? My friend hates the units a lot, and sending out the subs daily for the 'special' good. What about you?

I've been camped in PE for awhile now, and will continue to stay here for a long time. Not because I want to, but because I don't think I am ready GB wise or city wise. I'm worried about my goods production in ME and beyond.
TE sucks because it comes right after CE and is worse in every way. FE is the best of the later eras, as it has the Hover Tank. Not as good as the AAV in CE, but the best of the later era units in my opinion. AF and OF suck because of the "special" goods and having to send out the ships to get them, which burns up your other goods. And since there are more than 5 military units, the fighting just gets too complicated to be any fun at all.

For goods production in ME and beyond, I rely mostly on Tribal Squares and other event/special buildings. The great thing about CE is that your goods GBs produce PE goods at double the amount they do when actually in PE, so you can sell them if you want or provide them to lower era guild members.

DeletedUser34800

TE sucks because it comes right after CE and is worse in every way. FE is the best of the later eras, as it has the Hover Tank. Not as good as the AAV in CE, but the best of the later era units in my opinion. AF and OF suck because of the "special" goods and having to send out the ships to get them, which burns up your other goods. And since there are more than 5 military units, the fighting just gets too complicated to be any fun at all.

Yeah, that all tracks with what he complains about hahahaha. Definitely makes me never want to progress there ha. Too bad.

For goods production in ME and beyond, I rely mostly on Tribal Squares and other event/special buildings. The great thing about CE is that your goods GBs produce PE goods at double the amount they do when actually in PE, so you can sell them if you want or provide them to lower era guild members.

That's what I'm working on. Goods production. I don't use goods producing buildings because I make enough right now, but my GBs help a lot with that. Once they start producing unrefined goods, it's going to be a tough hit.

I've been gathering all the special event buildings and stuff as they come. And they're definitely awesome in more ways than just goods. Not sure when I'll move to ME, and beyond, but definitely not for awhile. Still got a lot of work to do on my GBs and city. It's kind of a mess.

DeletedUser30312

Well my plan is to go as far as I can in my main city so I at least have a feel for the later ages from experience. I'm still in PE ATM, and since I'm working on Arc leveling with some guild members, I'll probably be here for a while. Not one of my favorite ages though, there's a lot about PE that I don't like. I've heard CE is a great age to sit back and park, so if I get dissatisfied with my main, I might build a city to camp in CE. I enjoyed LMA and CA as well, and I'd probably choose CA for a lower camping age if I don't want to do CE.

mamboking053

ODragon has remained in my neighborhood since the end of last summer. I kept hoping he would disappear with each neighborhood change, but no, the demon remains. He was plundering me every single day until I changed to a 1 day production on everything recently. Now it's just about every other day. He is number 2 in my neighborhood and so far advanced from my humble station that all I can do is hope he consumes excrement and meets his demise. I would have an excellent week if that happened.

I wondered about this technique. On it's face it seemed bad because I figured a guy who attacks you will attack simply for the points and the plunder is a bonus. I also thought that it was effectively plundering yourself if he succeeds in forcing you to abandon your productions it is still a win since he deprives you of resources.

However, seeing this, I guess there's some merit to it.

DeletedUser34800

First cry mail in my new neighborhood.

It was the please that caught my memory....please don't plunder me....

So I asked him what was so important. "My goods..." he said.

"All right, I've never had a valet. You can try donating FPs tonight. I'll most likely plunder you in the morning...."

Haha. Little bit of Princess Bride. Good movie, good book.

Graviton

I ended up sending some hate mail tonight...this guy's profile message asks for mopos. So I aid him yesterday. This morning I log on to find that he plundered me. WTH? Is there no honor amongst plunderers? As soon as the timer expires I'm going to go kick his ass and take his stuff, and I'll do it again every day 'till the hood changes. Jerk.