• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

ODragon

It means you have plundered 46 medals in this case. Normal production was 23 apparently. Same for the +2, normally you would have plundered 1 FP and 1 of each good. Now thanks to your AM it's 2 of each.

Ahhhh, the AM icon is over the last item because there are too many, got it. Thank you. That's annoying that it does that.

After plunder a little more, it is always over the last item so I guess that works. It just seems confusing that it isn't over all of them. I'd get that then.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34800

#1 in my neighborhood decided to attack me. I'm #6.

His A/D of his progressive Era troops:
https://imgur.com/a/qPfcC0j

My A/D for my defense of ME/PME troops (I'm not done either. Just got a TA, working on it. It's lvl 5. St. Basil's is only lvl 4, want it higher):
https://imgur.com/a/zNx92QA

He ended up retreating as well, once he realized he wasn't doing crap for damage against my units hahahaha. Suck it evil plunderer!....I mean regular player just enjoying the game....hahahaha

Jern2017

My A/D for my defense of ME/PME troops (I'm not done either. Just got a TA, working on it. It's lvl 5. St. Basil's is only lvl 4, want it higher):

He ended up retreating as well, once he realized he wasn't doing crap for damage against my units hahahaha. Suck it evil plunderer!....I mean regular player just enjoying the game....hahahaha

My A/D for defense is 50/560. I'm in the Progressive Era, five Commandos, two Battle Tanks and one Mechanized Infantry defending my city. Haven't had my defenses breached in a while, but someone with PME troops and an adequate attack boost could do it.

DeletedUser8428

LOVED this post, thanks!

DeletedUser30312

Yup, that's pretty much due to the general suckiness of PE tanks. They have a high defense, but they've lost the defense bonus of previous era heavies, and their attack outright blows. This is definitely my least favorite age so far. I mean I guess it's supposed to suck, being a rip off of WWI and all, but I definitely don't like it.

I did get those Bazookas I pointed out on the previous page. Most of them are beefing up my defense, but I occasionally use one for attacking, and it's a fun unit to use. From what I can tell, there's another side quest coming up where I can win Battle Tanks, and I'm pursuing it, but I'll have to take the whole west side of the ME map. Well, I was planning to get to the end of the PME map anyway before leaving PE to get the advanced units some of my neighbors have. From what I've been reading on the wiki, I can't go farther than that for now because progress is blocked by required PME research.

My A/D for defense is 50/560. I'm in the Progressive Era, five Commandos, two Battle Tanks and one Mechanized Infantry defending my city. Haven't had my defenses breached in a while, but someone with PME troops and an adequate attack boost could do it.

That sounds downright unpleasant.

DeletedUser30312

Bazookas and then Commandos are strong enough IMO. Sure, I do kind of miss this from the ME tree:

nukeem.jpg

But I think dropping nukes on my neighbors left and right WOULD be a bit overpowered, in much the same reason I can't drop mustard gas all over them now.

DeletedUser34800

A small update:

It seems that the #1 guy decided to add some FPs into one of my GBs, for whatever reason. Maybe he didn't want me to retaliate and attack him, even though he lost. Maybe he was offering me a nice reward for having a defense that could have been beaten perhaps, but would have taken too long for him.

No idea. Whatever though, I'll take some free FPs hahahahaha. Not like they know that I don't attack my neighborhood, ever, because I am too lazy. That aid button is just so much faster hahahahaha.

DeletedUser34800

Well well. Got my first message from a neighbor, that wasn't a mass message about taking their trades:

https://imgur.com/a/eZqlR9R

I didn't know how to draw a line over the name, so I cropped it out. I suck hahahahaha.

Anyway, it's the #1 guy. He attacked me again, and lost. Now he wants to know how I got those advanced troops. As if I would actually tell him my secrets! Hahahaha.

Not that it's really a secret, but I'm not going to tell him how to get them so he can actually beat me. Why would I do that? What a weirdo.

DeletedUser36624

My new hood is a wasteland. Less than 20 with anything other than an Oracle. Way too many with all five BA goods buildings and an Iron Foundry. Only EMA building is the Town Hall. Anybody with anything good is buttoned up, although I have more resources now to deal with the "just throw 8 units up" defenses.

Notable amusement from last hood: The hoodie who tried everything (guild invite, friend invite, threatening my guild) except, you know, actually putting up more than 2SP as a defense. He had a Masquerade, and then later put up a Granite Mason on an 8 hour cycle, and failed miserably at collecting on time. The hoodie whose defense was a champion and a bunch of rogues. The hoodie who tore everything down so I couldn't plunder anything.

SpiderSux

Hello everyone. I follow this thread religiously and I enjoy it immensely. I recently advanced to EMA after spending a few months in IA building a solid city. After being able to attack everyone without tracking whether they had PvP enabled, I started attacking/plundering daily. I received my first few messages from plunderees, but none matched the one attached.

Attachments

• PlunderMessage.JPG
    PlunderMessage.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 75

DeletedUser36624

I also recently advanced to EMA, and I've still got a hoodie who is not PVP enabled. :p

I am also mentally retarded, unethical, a sociopath, too stupid to play the game correctly, and not loved by my mother. Also a city killer, I make babies cry because momma cries, and apparently plundered this guy's city so hard it ended up with nothing but an Oracle, a monument, a goat farm, some disconnected roads, and 3 cottages, one of which I trashed so badly it forgot it had no road connection.

Bringing shame to your race, and causing racism? My hat is off to you sir, you win!

Emberguard

Hello everyone. I follow this thread religiously and I enjoy it immensely. I recently advanced to EMA after spending a few months in IA building a solid city. After being able to attack everyone without tracking whether they had PvP enabled, I started attacking/plundering daily. I received my first few messages from plunderees, but none matched the one attached.
I'm not sure how they even bring race into this one. Avatars are not indicative of anything, and if they seriously think anyone looks like their avatar (or that anyone cares what skin colour the avatar is) then that's one interesting look they chose for themselves.

And not going to play anymore? uh..... those house coins are worth more then what you get from aiding.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8428

These are the same folks who post once .. or multiple times.. on the forum full of vitriol. They hate this game, this isn't fair, this is stupid and Inno better fix it or they'll leave.

Why in God's name do people keep playing a game that they clearly despise? GO FIND ANOTHER GAME, people! Your stress level will come down and the rest of us won't have to listen to you.

DeletedUser31882

I received my first few messages from plunderees, but none matched the one attached.

*Facepalm laughs at the PoC stereotype shaming*

As a person who cares to shift the zeitgeist in that regard... That's why education will always be touted as needed for people like this. Only bad or ignorant racists will believe that skin color will affect kleptomania. Socioeconomic status, location & culture would be the bigger salient variables for someone 'stealing'.

Then again, stereotype usage is also a good way to track ignorance in humans. Another reason why education > worrying about reinforcing negative stereotypes... especially in a video game where there is no way to determine if the avatar matches the player.

Unless you sent an intimidating message in Ebonics & declared something racial to get em riled up, I think we can safely assume they, unfortunately, need more education on stereotypes and how to better work for what they want in society.

Regardless, Pillage them some more. Maybe change your avatar to another PoC or a whitie and send em a message asking if the change is helping with stereotypes.

Why in God's name do people keep playing a game that they clearly despise? Your stress level will come down and the rest of us won't have to listen to you.

I know it was mostly rhetorical, but I have a weakness to answer those kind of questions.

I believe there are multiple variables at play. One being the anger you describe with these people ending up despising the game. They like the game, but only X bits, so when the Plunder part 'interrupts' their X bits they get angry. Instead of understanding the bigger picture of the game (and the relatively minor lose plunder is, in said big picture) they get mad at the interruption. Those darn plunderers! So the anger is directed at them. They find other fellow players in the same boat and try to figure out what to do about it. Since they do not try to adapt their style or care understand how they could adapt, they narrow their options in the usual threads we see. Plunderers bad -> Inno allows plundering -> Inno bad & must change it!

Thankfully, this group is a small minority. Most players adapt in some way to plundering. The small minority that trickles through to the 'will not adapt, learn or empathize' are taking that stress and throwing it as us in the forums. It's their only route of 'therapy' due to the limitations they have placed on themselves. On the plus side, assuming these complaining types are earnest in their stress and do not have troll ulterior motives, they sort themselves real quick. They either quit, or hopefully a few of us give them guidance to adapt their city.

Anybody that complains more than once about pillaging, is either trolling or falls in line with your description. To avoid their existential dread of investing time in a game they 'like' but don't want it 'ruined' by that god-awful 'pillaging', they vent their frustration, reseal the breach from the existential dread and go back to collecting every 24/48 hours.

That's my theory at least. I rarely see anyone earnestly argue & discuss a banning of pillaging. The ones that do 'argue' have a distinct way of ignoring the other side of the argument to favor their narrow view. After a certain point, I label em trolls or the blindly selfish & closed-minded. I stop investing energy in the argument and thread, unless other fellow forum posters make some interesting point.

Anywho, all that, just so I can say: They don't despise the game, they love it. They love it so much it drives a few of them to an extreme point of view that removing pillaging will somehow make it the perfect harmonious paradise of a game.

Then again, I also think the opposite of love is apathy. So anger & despise can potentially be argued to be a shade of love or passion. As we've seen is many of the 'ban pillaging' threads, their passion is usually a flash in the pan.

On the plus side, I think cultural settlements will be a nice bolster to our arguments against the few anti-pillagers that pop-up. A side settlement, immune to pillagers that gives prizes that are effectively immune as well.

Merry Pillaging all Y'alls.

DeletedUser31882

Any idea why the button says sabotage if we are plundering?

I assume it was a weird translation or someone's way of making the way mechanics of plundering 'make sense'.

If we were to actually invade a city by overpowering their defense, why not take it over? Well, that is because, when we attack cities, we are not actually 'invading', we are simply slipping a small team into the city. That team has the ability to infiltrate and divert the completed production of an unmotivated building (motivated buildings have a dignitary from another city within them, ergo more security) of their choice and walk out of the city. Since the production does not go through the proper channels, it does not benefit from all the bonuses of the production or home city may be benefiting from, ergo the saboteurs are only able to deliver the base production amount.

Anywho, since Sabotage's definition is: "deliberately destroy, damage, or obstruct (something), especially for political or military advantage", I must assume sabotage = the obstructing of a rival city's production for both political & military advantage.

That's my take at least.

RazorbackPirate

As a person who cares to shift the zeitgeist in that regard... That's why education will always be touted as needed for people like this. Only bad or ignorant racists will believe that skin color will affect kleptomania. Socioeconomic status, location & culture would be the bigger salient variables for someone 'stealing'.

Then again, stereotype usage is also a good way to track ignorance in humans. Another reason why education > worrying about reinforcing negative stereotypes... especially in a video game where there is no way to determine if the avatar matches the player.
The sad part to me is that when they say, "but another person who is of color stealing from another is even worst.", the inference they drew from the avatar of the plunderer, as well as their own avatar indicates it's a person of color slinging the stereotype.

Beyond that, I've never understood how people feel they can make moral judgements about other people from how they play a game.