• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Polynesia & Enhanced Cultural Settlements Feedback

ScreamingZiva

Quite a while ago I sold my Timeless Dojos, 12 of them total, I won't feel too bad about it if they don't get "buffed" up.
Yeah, I sold my fully upgraded Royal Bathhouse and Shinto Temple. Can we get those back?
I asked support about returning the Bathhouse and will let you know their response. I kept all the rest
I'm curious, don't people use Store Building? If I took so much time to earn something, I may not have it in my city anymore but I sure wouldn't have deleted or sold it.

Sharmon the Impaler

Support is returning my lvl 6 Bathhouse. If something is pulled up and not wanted anymore then I sell it so I can get something better or more useful.

Darkest.Knight

lol, I wouldn't return a deleted building if it was my decision, player would need to do the building again. If you can just ask for your deleted items to be returned why bother storing anything?

Angry.Blanket

lol, I wouldn't return a deleted building if it was my decision, player would need to do the building again. If you can just ask for your deleted items to be returned why bother storing anything?
I kinda agree with this, I have never understood why some players dont want to have anything in their inventory?
I don't get rid of much because it is very apparent that Inno will have to upgrade all buildings eventually. My concern with the new settlement stuff is it will be out dated again soon and that will be more time I have wasted trying to get them.

jeffj2

Long flag icon is for GBG boosts.
Triangle with bars is for GE boosts.
Fist is for Quantum Incursion boosts. (not in the game yet, currently on beta)

And they are symbolized by their respective colors, blue (defense stats) or red (attacking stats) - depending on which stat they give boost to.
Thank you Dursland, much appreciated.

Emberguard

You should definitely do your day to day play as if support isn’t going to bail you out and only use that option when you genuinely need it.

While support will help where they can, they’re meant to be more of a last resort for those kinds of things. As a player you don’t have access to internal information of when that answer is going to be a no or if there’s ever a policy change.

In the case of Settlements this update would fall under unforeseeable circumstances. So it makes sense to offer to help out for those that simply have no alternative and I’m grateful Inno is willing to help with this. But I would certainly not want to deliberately go out of my way to put myself in that position only to misjudge what’ll happen.

Ironrooster

I hope the Polynesia settlement doesn't have impediments. A couple were okay, but having them everywhere just adds frustration to the game.

jaymoney23456

The new boosts to the cultural buildings are awesome. Only problem is it takes half a year for example to do the egypt one from the start unless one spends a ton of diamonds and many players stopped playing them long ago because their boosts were not competetive with all the new event buldings available.

jaymoney23456

I hope the Polynesia settlement doesn't have impediments. A couple were okay, but having them everywhere just adds frustration to the game.
Yes, this is a huge problem with the Egypt and Mughal settlements. Also, I hope the new one has no fighting given that it would likely be like Egypt with no boosts whatsoever. FIghting with no boosts really tends to make one want to gouge their own eyes out so they can stop dealing with the frustration of doing that lol

Eadyth

I agree. They should have to start over and complete it again. They benefited from selling it and now they get it back? Really? Some of us have held onto things we don't need just in case they become useful again -- other who sold their buildings shouldn't get them back. This is different from accidently selling a building that you ask about a couple of days later when your guildmates tell you to turn a ticket. Sellers made a strategic guess and they lost. They should have to do the whole settlement again.

Emberguard

They should have to start over and complete it again

That assumes getting them to start over wouldn't cause any issues. The main building isn't the only mechanic of the settlements. Who knows what'd happen when trying to earn each Emissary twice if they had to start over. Would they get two of each emissary? Would it crash? Would they have to do a settlement with no reward? Who knows. At least restricting it to adding the building it's not going to have an unknown issue pop up later

jaymoney23456

I agree. They should have to start over and complete it again. They benefited from selling it and now they get it back? Really? Some of us have held onto things we don't need just in case they become useful again -- other who sold their buildings shouldn't get them back. This is different from accidently selling a building that you ask about a couple of days later when your guildmates tell you to turn a ticket. Sellers made a strategic guess and they lost. They should have to do the whole settlement again.
Come on now. No one had any idea that they would be improved and most of the cultural settlement buildings have been obselete for a while. I guess some never make a mistake and think everyone that does should just suffer. No amnesty for anything huh?

jaymoney23456

That assumes getting them to start over wouldn't cause any issues. The main building isn't the only mechanic of the settlements. Who knows what'd happen when trying to earn each Emissary twice if they had to start over. Would they get two of each emissary? Would it crash? Would they have to do a settlement with no reward? Who knows. At least restricting it to adding the building it's not going to have an unknown issue pop up later
I don't think you could even get the building again. It would probably just keep you at the ones where you only get fp for reward and not the building/its upgrades.

jaymoney23456

I'm curious, don't people use Store Building? If I took so much time to earn something, I may not have it in my city anymore but I sure wouldn't have deleted or sold it.
With the auction not offering anything that advanced players would want (well there is fp once in a while -some goods-but really not much worth going for) what is the incentive to store everything so it can be sold rather than delete some things? Just keeping tons of what is useless buildings (and no one knew that cultural settlement buildings would ever be upgraded-I mean how long have they been out now) to clutter inventory doesn't seem worth ones time really.

jaymoney23456

Some players make mistakes. In the case of the cultural settlement buildings it was not like it was reasonable to assume they would be upgraded and many of them are worse than other buildings one can place before the new stats take effect. So, why would players have used a store building on one of them?

Eadyth

Come on now. No one had any idea that they would be improved and most of the cultural settlement buildings have been obselete for a while. I guess some never make a mistake and think everyone that does should just suffer. No amnesty for anything huh?
lol, I guess my name is no one. The first thought I had when thinking about selling them was: Inno will have to fix this. I don't think you should have to suffer. I don't think that not having the buildings given back to you that you sold and were paid for is you suffering. Seriously. Suffering.

Eadyth

I realize this might be an issue but just straight giving them back isn't fair to people who thought about there might be value in saving them. Seriously. I'm told all the time about stuff I didn't "earn" and now folks want stuff back that they sold.

xivarmy

I realize this might be an issue but just straight giving them back isn't fair to people who thought about there might be value in saving them. Seriously. I'm told all the time about stuff I didn't "earn" and now folks want stuff back that they sold.
It's just a matter of practicality really.

Ideal might be a way to invent some method to earn it back for those who lost it through poor judgement. But how do you go about doing that without enabling people to earn 2 for instance? (which is clearly not intended). Whatever the way to make this happen it'd require a significant amount of development work.

Furthermore there was no expectation that "maybe someday it'll get *way* better" - until this announcement it had started to look like settlements were just going to become a dead and forgotten feature, like GvG. If the building was outdated in your city, selling it made some sense.

Personally I put them in storage if I removed them because it was a one-of-a-kind item. And I didn't even think about selling it because I have zero need for antique dealer currency and lots of other things I could sell instead if I did. But I'm not looking to punish those who did.

jaymoney23456

lol, I guess my name is no one. The first thought I had when thinking about selling them was: Inno will have to fix this. I don't think you should have to suffer. I don't think that not having the buildings given back to you that you sold and were paid for is you suffering. Seriously. Suffering.
Even if you thought that you certainly had no knowledge that it was going to happen. Many players think different things should be changed in the game. Certainly doesn't mean that such changes will ever happen lol
Also, since I am pretty sure there is no way for a player who sold the building to even get it again from playing the settlements then they would in fact suffer from having no way to get a building that they honestly would have had no idea would have been upgraded.