• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Prestige points

• Thread starter DeletedUser5556
  • Start date

DeletedUser5556

How are Prestige points calculated? I can't seem to find any ryme or reason to it.
It seems, as we advance, the more power points we get in a day the fewer prestige points are awarded for them and the level bonuses don't seem to make much differance.
Is it as a guildmate suggested, controlled by evil flying monkeys?!:unsure:

DeletedUser2145

The monkeys sure do have a say in it. Although, I'm gonna need to discuss with them their flying without permission.

The developers don't like spilling the beans on their coding, so in general they don't make the formulas behind calculations public knowledge. I do not believe we have a direct calculation so far, the simplest explanation so far would be:
Prestige - Prestige is calculated from the level of a guild and the daily power. It is used for the global guild ranking.

DeletedUser5556

I see now. The Prestige points are like the Daily Ranking in the different provinces. What you got today is all that counts. It doesn't accumilate. It's Power points plus Prestige bonus(from what level you've reached) for that day and starts over the next day.
I feel pretty stupid. I was so busy looking for something complicated I couldn't see it.

DeletedUser

It's actually much simpler than that. You add your Daily Power Total (the accumulated points of the sectors your guild has taken control of) to your Level Bonus.

So, if you've conquered 14 sectors on the Iron Age map totaling 50 points you have your Daily Power Total. If your guild is at level 2 you you have a 50 point level bonus. Add them together to get your prestige point total of 100. If you're playing on multiple maps then you add them all together to get your global total.

Example:
Iron Age Map Total = 50
Early Middle Age Map Total = 65
Late Middle Age Map Total = 112
Level (4) Bonus = 100

Total Global Prestige = 327

DeletedUser9549

Is there any bonus added to prestige for being in top 1, 2, or 3, or top 10 of the Global ranking? I see the fancy heralds, but do they add anything for a Global ranking, or are they just for show?

I know about the added bonus for top 3 in a GvG age map, but haven't seen if there is any bonus for being in top 3 (or 10) of Global rankings.

DeletedUser8152

Is there any bonus added to prestige for being in top 1, 2, or 3, or top 10 of the Global ranking? I see the fancy heralds, but do they add anything for a Global ranking, or are they just for show?
Those are just for show, unlike the individual map rankings.

DeletedUser14074

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Zutu

Those are just for show, unlike the individual map rankings.

They add to your defense level in the top 3.
If someone attacks the top guild they better have some good GB attack bonuses otherwise the added defense bonus could be up to 100% or more.

DeletedUser8152

If someone attacks the top guild they better have some good GB attack bonuses otherwise the added defense bonus could be up to 100% or more.
Can you describe an example of this? Do you mean it increases your support pool? I haven't seen the actual defense %'s be any higher.

DeletedUser6163

This is just inaccurate. The top three rankings only get a % prestige boost, so it applies to their ranking only. The support pool of a guild is what determines its sector defense. No single sector will ever have a boost higher than 75%, and that would be a headquarter sector (Industrial Age and higher), the surrounding sectors cannot have more than 50% fierce resistance defense.

DeletedUser41284

Does the building prestige add to the guild prestige? Example the Obelisk Garden Prestige. Wiki says the guild level prestige + GvG prestige is calculated every day at 8 p.m. to determine the guild prestige. So what is the purpose of the building prestige? Any ideas please?

Super Catanian

Does the building prestige add to the guild prestige? Example the Obelisk Garden Prestige. Wiki says the guild level prestige + GvG prestige is calculated every day at 8 p.m. to determine the guild prestige. So what is the purpose of the building prestige? Any ideas please?
Each individuals' Ranking Points (they're different from Prestige Points for Guilds), as well as their age, determine in which neighborhood they'll be placed in. It's a sum of pretty much the things you've done in your city. Plus it looks cool.

Agent327

You two are reacting to a post that is close to 5 years old.

Buildings do not give prestige. They give power. Power adds to the guild level and guild level adds to the guild prestige.

Super Catanian

You two are reacting to a post that is close to 5 years old.
Yeah, I've given up on reminding people of that.

Buildings do not give prestige. They give power. Power adds to the guild level and guild level adds to the guild prestige.
Not all of them, though; your answer makes it seem like they all do. Buildings that give Guild Power are the Hall of Fame and Statue of Honor (might have missed one or two). However, they all give Ranking Points to the player that owns them, which calculates their rank in the server.

Algona

I think you are confusing terms.

Buildings don't provide Prestige, they provide individual Ranking Points, that number below and to the right of your name on the social Bar.

The Garden Obelisk does not provide Guild Power.

Some buildings can give Guild Power, that is added to Guild Level at recalc, then Guild Prestige is calculated from Guild Level and GvG holdings.

Each individuals' Ranking Points (they're different from Prestige Points for Guilds), as well as their age, determine in which neighborhood they'll be placed in.

Uh, no.

Which hood is determined solely by tech tree progress. Then RP determines the exact place in that hood.

DreadfulCadillac

Nice Necro!

Nicholas002

Not all of them, though; your answer makes it seem like they all do. Buildings that give Guild Power are the Hall of Fame and Statue of Honor (might have missed one or two). However, they all give Ranking Points to the player that owns them, which calculates their rank in the server.
A few of the multi production buildings like the Magnum Opus, Gondola Dock market, Cider mill, Bazaar, and sleigh builder can also produce guild power.

Agent327

So what buildings give prestige? You are talking about ranking points, but where was that asked?

DeletedUser41284

I think you are confusing terms.

Buildings don't provide Prestige, they provide individual Ranking Points, that number below and to the right of your name on the social Bar.

The Garden Obelisk does not provide Guild Power.

Some buildings can give Guild Power, that is added to Guild Level at recalc, then Guild Prestige is calculated from Guild Level and GvG holdings.

Uh, no.

Which hood is determined solely by tech tree progress. Then RP determines the exact place in that hood.
The green horse shoe represents prestige. If you look up the Obelisk Garden on Wiki it shows a green horseshoe with a number under it for each ERA. That is what I was asking about. I guess the Green Horseshoe has a different meaning on building?