• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Proof that someone is cheating?

CatNik

Towers don't open until 7:00am. I witness someone get 500 fights 10 minutes after the tower opened. 10 minutes is 600 seconds. That is averaging one fight in less than a second. Then you have to factor in that they have to change troops at some point.

Update.. It seems that the towers opening at 7:00am is not a hard opening. Fights do count towards it before the actual opening.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Towers don't open until 7:00am. I witness someone get 500 fights 10 minutes after the tower opened. 10 minutes is 600 seconds. That is averaging one fight in less than a second. Then you have to factor in that they have to change troops at some point.
Actually, 500 fights in 10 minutes is a little bit less than 1 fight per second. :cool: In GBG, with zero attrition, I can do this on my secondary city where I'm using OF units against Indy defenders. My red boosts are high enough that I can go a long time without needing to swap any units. On my main city, 50 fights per minute was possible until I got to SAT. Just because someone is fast doesn't mean that they are cheating.

Douglas 221

Actually, 500 fights in 10 minutes is a little bit less than 1 fight per second. :cool: In GBG, with zero attrition, I can do this on my secondary city where I'm using OF units against Indy defenders. My red boosts are high enough that I can go a long time without needing to swap any units. On my main city, 50 fights per minute was possible until I got to SAT. Just because someone is fast doesn't mean that they are cheating.
So you want to compare someone who is in Indy with OF units to someone who probably is much higher age with the actual units? I would love to hear from CatNik to hear more information on the name of the person to learn what age and data from the individual. I really do not understand why people come to the forums to punch holes in everything people try to report. Passive aggressive replies are not positive nor supportive to the game.

Pericles the Lion

So you want to compare someone who is in Indy with OF units to someone who probably is much higher age with the actual units?
I wasn't comparing my results with anything. Simply stated fact.
I would love to hear from CatNik to hear more information on the name of the person to learn what age and data from the individual.
The information would be irrelevant. Anyway, naming another player is prohibited.
I really do not understand why people come to the forums to punch holes in everything people try to report. Passive aggressive replies are not positive nor supportive to the game.
GBG and GE are over, Gotta find something to do to pass the time. :p

Dominator - X

So you want to compare someone who is in Indy with OF units to someone who probably is much higher age with the actual units? I would love to hear from CatNik to hear more information on the name of the person to learn what age and data from the individual. I really do not understand why people come to the forums to punch holes in everything people try to report. Passive aggressive replies are not positive nor supportive to the game.
You think it is fair to have someone post a players name, accusing them of cheating based on anecdotal evidence? Especially when the OP admitted they may have spoken too soon?

Dominator - X

Update.. It seems that the towers opening at 7:00am is not a hard opening. Fights do count towards it before the actual opening.
The title states the word "Proof". Your observation does not prove anything. Please refrain form accusing others of cheating without actual proof and knowledge of such behavior.

Johnny B. Goode

Anyway, naming another player is prohibited.
I've seen this stated before, but it's not strictly true. The only Forum rule about player names refers to images that are posted, which simply states, "Images containing player names must have the player names obfuscated", presumably referring to screenshots. Nothing anywhere other than that.

Lorendar

That's because they are condescending and have little respect for other players by making snarky, useless comments only to see their names on the screen.

Athanofthered

This post feels like sour grapes to me like someone beating you in a darksouls pvp fight and you accusing them of cheating because they did it in five seconds not taking into account everything you did wrong to get beaten so easily. It's not cheating when someone plays better than you.

Pericles the Lion

I've seen this stated before, but it's not strictly true. The only Forum rule about player names refers to images that are posted, which simply states, "Images containing player names must have the player names obfuscated", presumably referring to screenshots. Nothing anywhere other than that.
I'm sure that you are right but anytime a player accuses another player of cheating, and mentions them by name, the post gets deleted.

TotalTrash

Proof - in Inno's (or any software company for that matter) - may be difficult to obtain but it's not impossible. If those who scream "Cheat!" aren't willing to provide that proof then why not just be quiet about it? You're giving everyone a headache.

It doesn't matter if you provide indisputable proof - screenshots, videos, mathematical proof, openly admitting to cheating in PMs or on global chat - Inno (like most other gaming companies nowadays) will do nothing because the worst cheaters are often also the biggest spenders.

Angry.Blanket

It doesn't matter if you provide indisputable proof - screenshots, videos, mathematical proof, openly admitting to cheating in PMs or on global chat - Inno (like most other gaming companies nowadays) will do nothing because the worst cheaters are often also the biggest spenders.
Of course it matters, its just that what you think is undisputable is far from undisputable. I have been accused of cheating many times and I am NOT cheating.

TotalTrash

Of course it matters, its just that what you think is undisputable is far from undisputable

Cute, but remember the battle hack? Fiddler, Wireshark, etc.? Lots and lots of evidence, from lots and lots of people submitting lots and lots of tickets - and nothing happened for an eternity. My point stands.

Angry.Blanket

Cute, but remember the battle hack? Fiddler, Wireshark, etc.? Lots and lots of evidence, from lots and lots of people submitting lots and lots of tickets - and nothing happened for an eternity. My point stands.
How do you figure nothing happened ? Lots of people have had permanent bans.

TotalTrash

How do you figure nothing happened ? Lots of people have had permanent bans.

Uhm, because it kept on going on for months and months by the same people, over and over? No bans whatsoever! After about half a year, one person got a warning letter on my main world - a laughable punishment. But who knows, maybe you are right and they perma-banned some hapless free player, just not any of the big spenders. My point stands.