• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Proof that someone is cheating?

Dominator - X

It doesn't matter if you provide indisputable proof - screenshots, videos, mathematical proof, openly admitting to cheating in PMs or on global chat - Inno (like most other gaming companies nowadays) will do nothing because the worst cheaters are often also the biggest spenders.
Screenshots, videos, and mathematical proof can be manipulated to show whatever the person providing this "proof" wants it to show.

Openly admitting it in PM's or on global chat is also not proof, since anyone can say anything they choose to say in PM's. Oh, and on global chat. Just spend a few minutes reading the tripe on GC and that is all the proof you need for that issue to be put to bed. For further proof, I can say I am the President of the United States of America on any GC or PM. I can even swear by such a statement. I can even provide so-called proof of such, being true. However, it "probably" is still not true. Though... it may be true. To be sure and for a fact, I am the President of the United States. However, I choose not to provide proof, since I really do not want others to know that I am hanging out here, while the whole world is falling apart. Still, I guarantee that I am the President of the United States. That is a true statement.

Until INNO legally develops or legally purchases software that can honestly detect and prove cheating, this will remain an ongoing issue, subject to innuendo and outright accusation. To be sure, they do not have such software, no matter how strongly they attest that they do. This... I know for a fact from real time and first person experience. Not to mention that privacy issues inhibit such methods from being used, even if they had such and wanted to apply such to its customers, whether P2P or F2P. It does not exist. Or, at least INNO does not legally possess nor use such software.

So, quit whining and quit accusing others of cheating, even subtly through anecdotal means and frivolous testimony. You have no substantial, objective "proof", (there's that word again) so quit demeaning INNO and its players in the process.

Angry.Blanket

Uhm, because it kept on going on for months and months by the same people, over and over? No bans whatsoever! After about half a year, one person got a warning letter on my main world - a laughable punishment. But who knows, maybe you are right and they perma-banned some hapless free player, just not any of the big spenders. My point stands.
Like I said I know people who got permanent bans, that pretty much disputes your " Nothing happened"

Douglas 221

You think it is fair to have someone post a players name, accusing them of cheating based on anecdotal evidence? Especially when the OP admitted they may have spoken too soon?
No I do not think one should post a persons NAME here. But I think describing what someone has done is fair game. I have reported my share of people who have cheated in the game and some are no longer playing because of it. Cheaters need not play this game.

Douglas 221

Screenshots, videos, and mathematical proof can be manipulated to show whatever the person providing this "proof" wants it to show.

Openly admitting it in PM's or on global chat is also not proof, since anyone can say anything they choose to say in PM's. Oh, and on global chat. Just spend a few minutes reading the tripe on GC and that is all the proof you need for that issue to be put to bed. For further proof, I can say I am the President of the United States of America on any GC or PM. I can even swear by such a statement. I can even provide so-called proof of such, being true. However, it "probably" is still not true. Though... it may be true. To be sure and for a fact, I am the President of the United States. However, I choose not to provide proof, since I really do not want others to know that I am hanging out here, while the whole world is falling apart. Still, I guarantee that I am the President of the United States. That is a true statement.

Until INNO legally develops or legally purchases software that can honestly detect and prove cheating, this will remain an ongoing issue, subject to innuendo and outright accusation. To be sure, they do not have such software, no matter how strongly they attest that they do. This... I know for a fact from real time and first person experience. Not to mention that privacy issues inhibit such methods from being used, even if they had such and wanted to apply such to its customers, whether P2P or F2P. It does not exist. Or, at least INNO does not legally possess nor use such software.

So, quit whining and quit accusing others of cheating, even subtly through anecdotal means and frivolous testimony. You have no substantial, objective "proof", (there's that word again) so quit demeaning INNO and its players in the process.
If you think there are not ways of providing enough data for Inno to investigate and discover people cheating in the game you are wrong. The bans have happened and players were caught. Take your own advice... "quit whining and quit"

Dominator - X

No I do not think one should post a persons NAME here. But I think describing what someone has done is fair game. I have reported my share of people who have cheated in the game and some are no longer playing because of it. Cheaters need not play this game.
Yet, you specifically said "I would love to hear from CatNik to hear more information on the name of the person to learn what age and data from the individual."

Dominator - X

If you think there are not ways of providing enough data for Inno to investigate and discover people cheating in the game you are wrong. The bans have happened and players were caught. Take your own advice... "quit whining and quit"
Try to keep up. I was responding to someone who was lamenting the fact (his opinion) that INNO was NOT doing anything about cheating, though he supposedly had evidence (which was itemized in his comment). I was merely explaining why INNO does not (again, in his opinion) act on it.

Emberguard

The general consensus is that X number of fights cannot be reasonably accomplished by human hands in a given time period say the sceptics. Okay, prove it. Pit yourself against a person whom you know to be trustworthy and have a little race. Can you match up? Are there others who can? Who can beat it? As long as the answer to any of those is 'yes,' then the postion of the company is valid. It may be difficult or even near impossible but that only makes it improbable not really impossible.
To make the test as fair as possible, you‘d ideally want to use some method that eliminates the need for internet. A country with 20mbs isn’t going to get the same results as someone on 1gb internet bandwidth. By the time the page loads for the 20mbs player the 1gb player will have done several fights already (not accounting for other factors such as ping)

Angry.Blanket

To make the test as fair as possible, you‘d ideally want to use some method that eliminates the need for internet. A country with 20mbs isn’t going to get the same results as someone on 1gb internet bandwidth. By the time the page loads for the 20mbs player the 1gb player will have done several fights already (not accounting for other factors such as ping)
Internet, computer and mouse all have a very very big effect., I hear complaints about lag all the time and yet I have almost no lag ever.

Dursland

I'm in the US but due to where I live, I only have 2mbps DSL for internet.

By the time I load GBG map on opening day about 30-50 battles are done already. I counted yesterday morning in my mind, I could've gotten in about 18 battles if it loaded right away.