• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Propsal: Graphical Indication on Unattached Units

DeletedUser36665

Hello Fellow Forgers,

I have a simple proposal I wanted to discuss here:
Some of my units are regular attached units.
And some are unattached.

When arranging my army I want to save my unattached units, e.g. for defense.
However, the only way I have to see if a unit is unattached is to click it and see the details popup.
It would be ever so nice if I could see instantly on the icon of the unit, some kind of graphical indication that I would learn to understand means that it is unattached.
Exactly what this indication looks like, I leave to the developers.
What do you think?

DeletedUser8428

Hello Fellow Forgers,

I have a simple proposal I wanted to discuss here:
Some of my units are regular attached units.
And some are unattached.

When arranging my army I want to save my unattached units, e.g. for defense.
However, the only way I have to see if a unit is unattached is to click it and see the details popup.
It would be ever so nice if I could see instantly on the icon of the unit, some kind of graphical indication that I would learn to understand means that it is unattached.
Exactly what this indication looks like, I leave to the developers.
What do you think?
You did know that there IS a difference in the icon for attached and unattached? Unattached units have a gold banner in the upper right corner of the unit icon ...

DeletedUser36665

There is no such indication on my mobile phone.
And no such setting in my settings console.
Please bring this PC option to mobile!

Jools1956

I cannot seem to find it in my mobile app.
Please tell me what it's called and where it's located.
Thanks
I’m not an FOE settings expert but I have weather effects, window animation, and ingame notifications checked in settings. Not sure if that helps but I play on IPhone and I have the banners. Maybe someone more settings literate can help

Emberguard

Not on mobile right now so I'll just use this image I googled (yes it's desktop but the image for the actual setting should be the same if it's there)
index.php
Source: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/unattached-troops.32189/

Jools1956

Not on mobile right now so I'll just use this image I googled (yes it's desktop but the image for the actual setting should be the same if it's there)
index.php
Source: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/unattached-troops.32189/
Hmmmm. Wierd. What we these banners for then?
index.php

Hmmmm. Weird. What are these banners for? FOE Army.PNG

DeletedUser8428

That is only if you've enabled "highlight unattached units" (or however it's worded) in settings, which I believe you can only do on PC.
Aaah, thanks for the correction, Longshanks! Hate the idea that I'm putting faulty info out there ...

DeletedUser36665

I don't have the PC version available...
Please bring this setting to mobile.
Thanks

DeletedUser36665

How can I move this request to the Proposals forum
to send to the developers?

DeletedUser8428

How can I move this request to the Proposals forum
to send to the developers?
You'll need to start a new thread in the Proposals section, using the correct format. The item is then up for discussion and critique by fellow players. If it gets enough support, the moderators will send to development after 2 weeks (or so). Please note, submitting to Inno does NOT mean it will be put in the game. It simply means the players as a group thought enough of the idea to send to them. They may or may not put it in the game AND they will not provide feedback to let you know if they are going to use it or not,.

Format for proposals found at the top of the proposals section - title includes [READ BEFORE POSTING] (not sure how people keep missing this). https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/

RazorbackPirate

I don't have the PC version available...
Please bring this setting to mobile.
Thanks
Any PC with a browser and connection to the internet will allow you to set this, exit and forget about it. I'm sure if you set you mind to it, you could find a way to gain access to a PC for 5 minutes or so. A bit of a pain, I know, but better than going without.

Emberguard

Maybe send support a ticket and ask if they're allowed to switch it on for you? Explain you don't have access to a desktop.

(or download puffin on your mobile and use that to log onto desktop mode)