• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Reduce the shield protection from 24hrs to 1 hour.

DeletedUser26154

That way we can do GvG around the clock and spread out the lag from reset. Like?

I've played GvG enough so I know what I'm talking about, when I'm talking about GvG.
When World Boss Player @LacLongQuan suggests this, there's years of Solid Daily GvG Experience talking.
GvG can use a major upgrade.
This will eliminate the Huge Rush To Play and the GvG Lag Bottle Neck.

images (3).jpg

This Proposal get my +1 Support.

DeletedUser4441

While I could see the benefit of breaking away from the reset time issues there is a flip side to this that would be detrimental. Larger guilds with massive GVG participation will love it. Small guilds with limited personnel will hate it. In theory a large guild could start a march across a map and never slow down, no HQ move required as you can launch attacks from secured (no shield) sectors. Large numbers of participants with massive armies or plastic supplement for the same would win the day. Where little guilds who use shield wall defense tactics will be at a huge disadvantage as they lack the resources and endurance to fight for hours on end.
I would have to say no to this on that basis.

DeletedUser

While I could see the benefit of breaking away from the reset time issues there is a flip side to this that would be detrimental. Larger guilds with massive GVG participation will love it. Small guilds with limited personnel will hate it. In theory a large guild could start a march across a map and never slow down, no HQ move required as you can launch attacks from secured (no shield) sectors. Large numbers of participants with massive armies or plastic supplement for the same would win the day. Where little guilds who use shield wall defense tactics will be at a huge disadvantage as they lack the resources and endurance to fight for hours on end.
Given this perspective, I would have to change my response to "no".

Incidentally, I've always wondered why everyone (well, most anyway) fights right after reset, and pretty much no other time. I understand having 24 hours to stock the defense, but for a GvG guild that is a very poor reason, as they should be able to place 8 defense armies in no time. I did it myself recently, placing 6 DAs in less than 5 minutes, and I'm not even a big GvG player.

*Arturis*

This could force the small guilds to break up and join the big guilds or join/consolidate into a big guild. As of now we just fighting around reset with super lag and disconnections, and the fight is only last 10 minutes at most. I want to see a more dynamic GvG change than the static one we have now. GvG now is dead in my eyes if we don't have it changed quickly. Also in the real world, what kind of war is that you fight for 10 minutes and rest for 24 hours?

Last edited:

DeletedUser26154

@Sgt. Bothari is amazingly unbiased and a straight-talker.

i understand.png

Worthy of Respect.

DeletedUser

This could force the small guilds to break up and join the big guilds or join/consolidate into a big guild. As of now we just fighting around reset with super lag and disconnections, and the fight is only last 10 minutes at most. I want to see a more dynamic GvG change than the static one we have now. GvG now is dead in my eyes if we don't have it changed quickly. Also in the real world, what kind of war is that you fight for 10 minutes and rest for 24 hours?
To repeat my point from above in the form of a question: What is stopping players/guilds from fighting at times other than right after reset? Is it just because that's how everybody does it, or is there a reason for it? (Other than the obvious one of having more time to place DAs, which is a really bad reason.)

DeletedUser11463

The fight at reset is because if a guild takes over someone's sector, the guild who lost the sector will try to stop the attacker from taking more sectors and will be on around that time to take back the sector they lost. This is especially prevalent when you have two guilds who have a feud going back and forth over the same territory. It usually continues until one guild cries "uncle" and moves on.

A possible alternative to this is to have each age have a different "reset" time. Of course that is a problem with guild calculations as they all need to be at the same "time" to calculate bonuses, etc.

Perhaps a middle ground of 8pm and 8am. One point on big guilds. They would probably be on the losing side of this proposition because the little guilds have a much lower cost and could chew up a good chunk of a big guilds territories very easily. Take a couple sectors, wait an hour, take a few more sectors, wait and hour, take a few more. In 3-4 hours they could wipe out 10-15 sectors of a big guild's land.

DeletedUser

They would probably be on the losing side of this proposition because the little guilds have a much lower cost and could chew up a good chunk of a big guilds territories very easily. Take a couple sectors, wait an hour, take a few more sectors, wait and hour, take a few more. In 3-4 hours they could wipe out 10-15 sectors of a big guild's land.
The flaw in this thinking is that the little guilds still won't have the resources to take that many sectors that quickly unless they'd been building up to it. Which means it couldn't happen very often. The big, established guilds undoubtedly have stockpiles of Treasury goods from their Arcs, Atomiums and Observatories. Little guilds not only don't have the numbers of fighters, they also don't have the numbers of GBs necessary to compete with the bigger guilds under the current GvG system. And I've seen firsthand how the big guilds can/will work together to put down any upstart guilds. This proposal wouldn't change any of that.

DeletedUser26154

In theory a large guild could start a march across a map and never slow down, no HQ move required as you can launch attacks from secured (no shield) sectors. Large numbers of participants with massive armies or plastic supplement for the same would win the day. Where little guilds who use shield wall defense tactics will be at a huge disadvantage as they lack the resources and endurance to fight for hours on end.

Sgt. Bothari describes it in a way that makes sense.

images (4).jpg

I have to retract my +1 and give this well-made proposal a thumbs-down.

DeletedUser26965

Here's mine Make Another GvG Alongside the Current GvG

I think the biggest improvement would be mobile GvG because half the playerbase can't access it but unfortunately I think that means the end of the current GvG model into something else GvG like that both platforms can do or else we're just stuck with GvG/GE.

I think the other thing they can do is to try to encourage more use of GvG by less powerful guilds but not sure how they could achieve that realistically.

DeletedUser26965

Make it playable again.
Plays just fine for me. The only problem I run into is the occasional autorefresh or being forced to refresh when you're in the middle of battle and the defense get killed off by someone else or the siege gets broken. The other issue I hear about is from players with like 10,000+ units but I don't suspect I'll ever have that problem.

DeletedUser12620

Plays just fine for me. The only problem I run into is the occasional autorefresh or being forced to refresh when you're in the middle of battle and the defense get killed off by someone else or the siege gets broken. The other issue I hear about is from players with like 10,000+ units but I don't suspect I'll ever have that problem.

I would freeze everytime the enemy won a battle it was never ending and very difficult to play. For the troops, I would freeze but just because I had too much unattached so I started to use the filters more that solved the problem but at times I would forget to reset the filter before going into battle which would cause a freeze when I attacked again.

DeletedUser12620

If you have any suggestion to improve GvG, feel free to add, this is NOT even a proposal, just an idea to discuss.

Hi LacLongQuan,

Is your guild a top level guild with a huge body of fighters to fight in GVG and is highly ranked on certain maps? Not to be rude or anything but I think you are here to represent only high-level guilds not completely understanding how tiresome and difficult it could be for small guilds.

I understand it's an Idea but this would only benefit high-level guilds with goods, fighters, and nothing but time.