• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Replace HS?

• Thread starter DeletedUser29407
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser27848

Longshanks despises Cosmic Raven, and went out of his way to derail Cosmic Raven's excellent HQS guide. I don't know whay. Maybe cuz he didn't think of it himself?

If you take 3 hours to read through that, you will see that.

So take what Longshanks says, with a grain of salt.

DeletedUser29404

Well, he kinda admitted to following " some" of CRs guide. But if he has an ulterior motive, than its no secret any more.

DeletedUser

Longshanks despises Cosmic Raven, and went out of his way to derail Cosmic Raven's excellent HQS guide.
Despises is a little strong. Mostly I just don't have any use for someone like him. My first posts to his thread I was trying to be helpful. He didn't like that, because he was the expert on the "proper" way to play the game and would brook no other input. So it went downhill from there. I do despise his boring, incomplete, outdated game strategy. You can take parts of it if you already understand the game, but it is no way to play long term, as borne out by his disappearance from the game barely 6 months after starting his guide.

DeletedUser29404

Contrary to any posts, I choose to do my own thing. Ive had quite the success for the 1 year Ive played. Few players ranked near me, or, even above me (unless you talk about the Top 100-200) have 7K wins in Battle, and fewer still have my numbers, or, 11th Level Guilds. CRs post was just 1 nugget of information. I use 1000 nuggets to improve my game, and city. I swear no allegience to any "style' other than my own; which, has brought me my own version of success.

DeletedUser27848

Fwiw I do not personally do HQS as Cosmic Raven explained. I did however learn a lot from reading his guide. And I do 'Loop Questing' now, whenever doing my daily collections. Mainly the coins and supplies collections. Even with just doing those simple recurring quests, the rewards I reap each day have increased vastly. Which I learned from Cosmic Raven.

I also know 2 players, who are following the HQS strategy to the letter, and both are doing fabulously.

By the time I understood the HQS thing I had too many Wishing Wells, Rogue Hideouts, SoK etc, to nerf, plus Great Buildings that didn't line up with Cosmic Raven's strategy.

Every bit of info you get on this game, 'filter' it, and use what you want. That's all that matters. There is no 'exactly right'.

DeletedUser

There is no 'exactly right'.
Which was my whole issue with Cosmic Raven. You should go back and see how condescending he was to people that didn't follow him to the letter. And how sensitive he was to any criticism, even if it was constructive. Plus, his advice on GBs and Event buildings is irrelevant if you're not following his method to the letter, because that is the sole basis for his evaluations. Anyway, I'm sick and tired of talking about him and his guide on other threads. And this thread was about the Hagia Sophia, not Cosmic Raven and his system.

DeletedUser27848

I have read that guide so many times, and I have to say, I cannot find any fault with it, assuming you buy in.

His assessment of Great buildings is 'spot on'. And one of the key GBs he recommends is Hagia Sophia.

I cannot think of a better explanation on HS merits, than that guide.

DeletedUser

I have read that guide so many times, and I have to say, I cannot find any fault with it, assuming you buy in.
I'm guessing that you haven't bought in, then, based on his guide and your own words.
His guide, post #5:
" There is 0 point to staying in the ages below HMA one second longer than it takes for us to score diamonds from each recurring quest."
Your words from post #105 of "Get your first two great buildings in less than a month" thread:
" I am not moving from EMA for a long time."

DeletedUser27848

So the answer to the original question in this thread is to replace Hagia Sophia with Cosmic Raven. Seems reasonable.

That's a new way to answer the recurring question of how good HS is.

I didn't think there was anything new in this argument. Well done folks.

Haha! Nice!

DeletedUser27848

I'm guessing that you haven't bought in, then, based on his guide and your own words.
His guide, post #5:
" There is 0 point to staying in the ages below HMA one second longer than it takes for us to score diamonds from each recurring quest."
Your words from post #105 of "Get your first two great buildings in less than a month" thread:
" I am not moving from EMA for a long time."

I've said over n over I'm not rigidly following HQS

I like fighting. So I got multiple Rogue Hideouts. Not supposed to do that.
I like ToB so built it. Not supposed to do that.
I built Zeus right away, Supposed to wait. No biggie.

Etc...

But HQS, if you do follow it, is exactly right.

DeletedUser26965

But HQS, if you do follow it, is exactly right.
You realize there's no such thing as "HQS" right? All CR's "guide"[to playing his exact way] amounts to is recurring questing spun into a purposefully overly elaborate presentation of self importance. I mean one could utilize recurring quests in all kinds of ways, CR utilized recurring quests his way and somehow it got conflated into being THE guide on recurring quests but it's not, it's how to play like CR.

DeletedUser26154

Cosmic Raven's excellent HQS guide

I give Cosmic Raven a lot of credit for putting the time and effort into making a guide.
Personally, I would not bother.
I've run similar threads in other games and the same thing happened there.
Some people will come and dump all over it.

download (12).jpg

I endorse Heavy Questing, how ever way you do it.

DeletedUser26965

Some people will come and dump all over it.
I dump all over you anyway for arbitrarily inflating your posts larger than necessary filled with memes and a new line break for every sentence to make it appear larger than the content really contains overcompensating for that lack of content, but in a nice way I think, I mean I have to, who else will. Which coincidentally is sort of like CR's guide to playing his way except without of the cult leader like stuff. A guide is one thing, coming off like you have found the Dead Sea Scrolls of Recurring Quests and you are the prophet to deliver the secret messages is another. Frankly I think that deserves a little dump now and again, I mean for humility building not for trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.