• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Retire the Baron

ergoetu

Come on, why did you bring him back? Giving me fragments of Buildings I am not interested in. I have to many fragments of this, that and everything else. I have base Buildings but am a few levels short of the top level, so how about some level kits for these base buildings? Every Event, you come out with a new Building but not enough hits to upgrade, this last Event I received 3 base, level 1 Buildings but only enough upgrades for 2, barely as I had to scramble and buy the top level to get enough upgrade kits. As I see it, you are ruining the Game and causing many players to leave. You get rid of GVG, which was okay with me but you replace it with something else that is worse unless you are in a Diamond League Guild with at least 60 players. Yeah, that is so much better (sarcastic emphasis).

P C C

The Rival is easy to ignore and it doesn't do anything for guilds so there is no pressure from guildmates even in competitive guilds. The code is written and only needs slight tweaks to bring it back for those who enjoy it and can use the rewards. So live and let live

jaymoney23456

There is some good rewards for the Rival still this time but that doesn't stop me from wanting to take the stupid baron straight to the guillotine

xivarmy

You were never promised that, though. Something being on Beta doesn't mean that there is any obligation for that to be the same on live servers.
Feedback's still valid that what *is* offered on live is not something all that appealing. It didn't have to be a Santa's Showtime necessarily. But all the milestones being fragments does a poor job inspiring someone to get started on it. I'm not even sure if those fragments will wind up useable to me (without searching external resources to find out what the individual quest prizes are).

Karen Isaacsdottir

Good software development includes decent help files and support. It also includes not presenting obscure items not decipherable from context (functionality left unexplained) and functionality that frustrates or impedes the use of the software. I am left wondering 'who tested this?' and why it was written in such a way as to violate those precepts.

jaymoney23456

You were never promised that, though. Something being on Beta doesn't mean that there is any obligation for that to be the same on live servers.
I never said anyone was promised anything, just that the rival is stingy on live compared to Beta. I think all would agree with that statement also.

Slavo76

Yeah, this baron is trash, if you allow me to put it mildly...
in the latest one, do 10 times 24 hour production, then after few more solved tasks, do 24 hour production again, but this time 20 times...
This alone will eat up 48 hour challenge timer that you generously set for us(players)...
But wait, after you do 20 times 24 hour production, after few more solved tasks(challenges) there will be another one but this time do it 30 times....
Inno games? Do you think we are sadistic (insert what you will in the brackets) ???
Really?
What a joke you are

JJ597

Yeah, this baron is trash, if you allow me to put it mildly...
in the latest one, do 10 times 24 hour production, then after few more solved tasks, do 24 hour production again, but this time 20 times...
This alone will eat up 48 hour challenge timer that you generously set for us(players)...
But wait, after you do 20 times 24 hour production, after few more solved tasks(challenges) there will be another one but this time do it 30 times....
Inno games? Do you think we are sadistic (insert what you will in the brackets) ???
Really?
What a joke you are
You missed the punch line! Quest 32 is to complete 40 24 hour productions.

jaymoney23456

I don't get why anyone would go for doing 40 more 24 hour productions for only something that can be had for free in 8 days from the silver pyramid (at 5 frags a day from the silver building it would take 8 days to get the 40 you can get from completing rival quest 32) and that is assuming that the player doesn't use BG charge on the wonderland pyramid to get them faster. That is a good reason that the santa spectacular showtime should have been the final prize, which would have made it worth it for players to spend additional finish production items.

UBERhelp1

I don't get why anyone would go for doing 40 more 24 hour productions for only something that can be had for free in 8 days from the silver pyramid (at 5 frags a day from the silver building it would take 8 days to get the 40 you can get from completing rival quest 32) and that is assuming that the player doesn't use BG charge on the wonderland pyramid to get them faster. That is a good reason that the santa spectacular showtime should have been the final prize, which would have made it worth it for players to spend additional finish production items.
Because why not? It costs me 2 finish supply productions that my Tarot Card Caravans produces, and otherwise those will just build up in my inventory. There's no reason for me not to complete it. Now, if you don't have many finish supply productions, then yeah, but I don't think that's an issue too many established players have.

Xenosaur

I think a lot of the pushback from players isn't about it being difficult. I fully understand BOTH sides here. I think we all do.

I really think it's OK to be difficult, however, what people DO NOT LIKE is that it's has blind difficulty.

They start in "good faith" but they're blind to assess just how difficult or resource intensive it will be as it ramps up, and if they're even capitalized to finish it.

That's the key issue. People don't like failure, and this is blindly set up to push people to demonstrate failure.

They don't know if they're going to enjoy the opportunity, and feel they've accomplished something of value, since they can't assess if it's worth their time, their resources, or their money.

So that's what leaves a bitter taste in people's mouth - and it's going to bite back hard when you BURN people like that, and they they won't even look at this again next time.

People are already at that point. Look at all the negative comments - and this is easily making a community of Rival HATERS - and they won't participate again.

Once burned, twice shy.

Darkest.Knight

Isn't it a bit early to give up? Players moan about anything new, just takes a bit of time to "adjust." Over 4 days to go and I need to finish 2 1/2 nodes, just might make it to the end. For any larger guild it should be pretty easy, I'm doing it w/just a bit of help from 2 other guild members, if they pick up the pace at all it will be easy enough to finish.

Pericles the Lion

I think a lot of the pushback from players isn't about it being difficult. I fully understand BOTH sides here. I think we all do.

I really think it's OK to be difficult, however, what people DO NOT LIKE is that it's has blind difficulty.

They start in "good faith" but they're blind to assess just how difficult or resource intensive it will be as it ramps up, and if they're even capitalized to finish it.

That's the key issue. People don't like failure, and this is blindly set up to push people to demonstrate failure.

They don't know if they're going to enjoy the opportunity, and feel they've accomplished something of value, since they can't assess if it's worth their time, their resources, or their money.

So that's what leaves a bitter taste in people's mouth - and it's going to bite back hard when you BURN people like that, and they they won't even look at this again next time.

People are already at that point. Look at all the negative comments - and this is easily making a community of Rival HATERS - and they won't participate again.

Once burned, twice shy.
It seems that you define "failure" as the inability to complete all 32 challenges. I think that completing fewer than 32 while collecting some needed rewards is a success.

Xenosaur

I'm not playing the Rival this time around. Lucky we get to find out about it before starting.

Yup.... second mouse gets the cheese. First mouse "died" by having it's neck snapped by the trap. We thank all those who did finish, and reported on the quest complexity (and where) so the rest of us could decide ....

thank you all, First mice!