• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Reward boost from Chateau Frontenac

• Thread starter DeletedUser3747
  • Start date

DeletedUser3747

For some reason I just now realised this :
I have the Chateau Frontenac with 100% boost to rewards ... so that preety much means all rewards are doubled ... but I only see a doubleing of coins , supplys , goods and medals , but not the rest ... shouldn't I receive 2 blueprints in case I get blueprint as reward ? or 2 medium Forge Packs in case I get a medium Forge Pack ?

And for the love of God ... since I got the Chateau Frontenac (2 weeks after the PE was implemented) ... I have never received a diamond reward again ... and I do 14-16 quests every day ...

Is all this intentional , bug , or oversight ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4844

If you read the text for chateau frontenac (hover over the "bonus at current level" area) it says "When you get coins, supplies, goods, diamonds, or medals as rewards from quests you receive an additional...". Clearly it will not give bonuses for forge packs or blueprints.

I'm not sure diamond rewards are even given as random rewards for the repeatable age end quests.

DeletedUser2145

The developers like keeping specifics within the house, so I'm not sure we'll ever know something like this. However, from posts on the international server (EN) forums, there are some reports of players receiving diamond rewards for the repeatable age-end quests since Chateau was added, though they are very few in amount. I'm guessing the chance to hit diamonds is probably very tiny, and might become smaller (or completely removed) after receiving the first diamonds from the repeatable age-end quests.

I myself remember receiving 20 diamonds from a repeatable quest, but months back, earlier in the game. There might have been changes to the chances to receive diamonds this way due to the amount of "diamond farm" cities players have been using. Though that's just me guessing, don't take it as actual info.

DeletedUser3747

Oh , sorry , I didn't read the whole thing when I got the Chateau , I just glanced over it and never evan saw that there are specific rewards that get boosted.
And as for the diamond rewards , I got them 3 times durring IndA recurring quests , but not evan once durring PE recurring quests (and it's been longer and I'm doing more quests now than I was in IndA) ... the only boosted diamonds I saw was durring the PE storyline quests ... when I had only 45% boost :p

Thank you for the answers :)

DeletedUser14276

So then I guess I can expect that quests from the Easter event, that grant eggs or stars from the winter event won't give a boosted percentage?

DeletedUser8152

So then I guess I can expect that quests from the Easter event, that grant eggs or stars from the winter event won't give a boosted percentage?
That is correct, only the stated rewards are boosted.

ITown

My understanding is you have a 5% chance of getting diamonds from a random reward. Once you get them once on a particular recurring quest, your chance to get them again drops to nearly 0 (perhaps 0.5%) and instead you will get medals in the future.

DeletedUser13838

My understanding is you have a 5% chance of getting diamonds from a random reward. Once you get them once on a particular recurring quest, your chance to get them again drops to nearly 0 (perhaps 0.5%) and instead you will get medals in the future.

Definitely not 0 but I wouldn't doubt 0.5%. But the medal rewards are relatively generous compared to other sources outside the towers.

DeletedUser9184

From what I have experienced. Diamond rewards are the same chance as medal rewards, not only that, they actually are the initial medal reward for any specific quest, so once you win diamonds, then only the medal rewards will show (so you would never see a medal reward come from a non-loop quest with a random reward).

Trust me, it is 0% after you win it the first time. I've done more than 15000 loop quests from the TE and FE with no diamond rewards after I won it once.

DeletedUser13838

Interesting. Do you mean the loop quest for each age? So coin quest HMA gives diamonds and then after that medals but then LMA coin quest can give diamonds again?

ITown

From what I have experienced. Diamond rewards are the same chance as medal rewards, not only that, they actually are the initial medal reward for any specific quest, so once you win diamonds, then only the medal rewards will show (so you would never see a medal reward come from a non-loop quest with a random reward).

Trust me, it is 0% after you win it the first time. I've done more than 15000 loop quests from the TE and FE with no diamond rewards after I won it once.

I'll take your word on it. That's been my experience as well, but I've had people tell me with a great deal of certainty that they've gotten diamonds multiple times from the same recurring quest of the same age.

DeletedUser10415

Perhaps it's coded that way for TE and FE, but that has not been my experience in prior ages. Coin and supply recurring quests are all I do, and I've received diamonds more than once on each of those. I sort of rushed through TE and just got to FE before the winter event ended, so I'll start keeping track.

jlshetler

This is all news to me too.

Are you saying that once I get diamonds for the recurring FE quest “Gather 800,000 coins” once, I never will again for ANY recurring FE quest or just for that one? For example, can I still get diamonds for “Gather 1,000,000 supplies” or “Produce anti-grav carriers 5 times” etc.?

DeletedUser8152

Just for that one. So after you get diamonds for the collect coins quests, you can still get diamonds for the collect supplies quest (and all the others).

This was changed at some point, not sure when. But it hasn't always worked this way I believe.

ITown

Just for that one. So after you get diamonds for the collect coins quests, you can still get diamonds for the collect supplies quest (and all the others).

This was changed at some point, not sure when. But it hasn't always worked this way I believe.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/changelog-1-00.3447/

• Quest rebalancing.
They never directly put it in the patch notes, but the diamond reward change was associated with this

Last edited:

DeletedUser28793

I have a Chateau Frontenac and play on an iPhone. I noticed that I didn't get my 50% goods boost when I completed a side quest. Has anyone else come across this? Does the CF only reward on a PC or laptop?

Algona

I have a Chateau Frontenac and play on an iPhone. I noticed that I didn't get my 50% goods boost when I completed a side quest. Has anyone else come across this? Does the CF only reward on a PC or laptop?

What Era are you and what was the Reward you received?

DeletedUser28793

Algona, I'm in the Progressive Era. I received coins, but not 50% more. When I'm on my laptop, I receive the bonus and there's an exclamation point beside the reward icon, but on my iPhone there is no exclamation point by the reward icon.