• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

RIVAL quest - not worth it

Sharmon the Impaler

The game used to be a lot more fun. Sorry if you are too dull or dense to figure that out and instead try to claim that I am not getting things. Shouldn't be the case where someone can come in and spend a bunch and instantly get a stronger city than a longtime player either. Sad that you cannot comprehend that!
So no incentive to spend money , on a game written to have money spent on it ? I think your deck is missing a card or two lol .

The game used to be a lot more fun. Sorry if you are too dull or dense to figure that out and instead try to claim that I am not getting things. Shouldn't be the case where someone can come in and spend a bunch and instantly get a stronger city than a longtime player either. Sad that you cannot comprehend that!
Uhm. That's how it is supposed to work. you pay it is quicker.

Your Majesty King

I hate the rival challenge b/c it blocks the collect all button. I usually buy the Forge Plus for 29 days where the collect all button is free.

Savvy187

So no incentive to spend money , on a game written to have money spent on it ? I think your deck is missing a card or two lol .
I have always struggled with what incentivizes people to spend on this "game". Spending cash to accomplish things in game that I could not accomplish without spending is cheating, and robs me of any sense of accomplishment. It's actually a disincentive to spend imo. This is more a manipulation machine than a game, and it is quite effective on some people.

jaymoney23456

I have always struggled with what incentivizes people to spend on this "game". Spending cash to accomplish things in game that I could not accomplish without spending is cheating, and robs me of any sense of accomplishment. It's actually a disincentive to spend imo. This is more a manipulation machine than a game, and it is quite effective on some people.
No doubt. How it can be fun for some of these people to have cities with say 20 copies of the same event building that was in the event that just got over is beyond me. It is certainly not an actual game. In an actual game everyone has the same chance to do well or poorly and there is no such thing is spending money to gain an advantage. I don't get why a subscription based model has never been seriously considered or implemented. It would make it so its an actual game and make sure no one gains an unfair advantage. Would level the playing field for all. I am certain someone will come on and whine about this comment and others like it. Could it be because their only way to do anything in the game is to spend and without that they would suck at the game?

jaymoney23456

So other people spending money makes you not want to spend money ? It's not manipulation , it's free enterprise and this is a for profit game. Where is the cheating ? It's Innos's game and they make the rules , spenders are not breaking the rules therefore are not cheating. You must be moneyphobic lol
Of course it is cheating for someone to gain an advantage over someone else in a game in ways other than actually playing it better!-spend $$$ is not part of the equation of an actual game. Sorry if that just goes over your head. Also, free enterprise is anything but free and the only ones that prosper are the crooked corporations that price gouge and price collude etc.

Savvy187

So other people spending money makes you not want to spend money ? It's not manipulation , it's free enterprise and this is a for profit game. Where is the cheating ? It's Innos's game and they make the rules , spenders are not breaking the rules therefore are not cheating. You must be moneyphobic lol
That's not what I said, lol. Manipulation only works if those being manipulated are unaware of the manipulation.

Flynn013

Of course it is cheating for someone to gain an advantage over someone else in a game in ways other than actually playing it better!-spend $$$ is not part of the equation of an actual game. Sorry if that just goes over your head. Also, free enterprise is anything but free and the only ones that prosper are the crooked corporations that price gouge and price collude etc.
How is anyone gaining an advantage over you by spending money? You don't lose anything, your city stays the same. There is no winning the game, there is only playing as much or as little as you want. Quit focusing on what others are doing and just play your own game.

Pericles the Lion

No doubt. How it can be fun for some of these people to have cities with say 20 copies of the same event building that was in the event that just got over is beyond me. It is certainly not an actual game. In an actual game everyone has the same chance to do well or poorly and there is no such thing is spending money to gain an advantage. I don't get why a subscription based model has never been seriously considered or implemented. It would make it so its an actual game and make sure no one gains an unfair advantage. Would level the playing field for all. I am certain someone will come on and whine about this comment and others like it. Could it be because their only way to do anything in the game is to spend and without that they would suck at the game?
Why stop at 20? I have 62 Jester's Stages and collecting 6 Finish Special Productions daily is fun. :cool:

JJ597

Personally, this is entertainment for me, (global chat and forums provide an additional bonus, at times). So instead of spending $ to see the latest Hollywood remake, I'll spend it on the game I enjoy playing. This is still a F2P game, Does Inno offer incentives to spend, of course they should, they have expenses that have to be paid. Whether you spend or not, is a personal choice and is not cheating by those who choose to spend. Has there been manipulation by Inno, Yes. When they changed the GE rewards and reduced the diamonds you could get. Long time players could give more examples. Has Inno improved the game since I started, absolutely! Aid all, is just one example. You are completely free to do any of the following: 1) Play as a F2P player, 2) spend $ to help your game or delete your city(ies) and find something else to do. It's your choice.

Sharmon the Impaler

There is so much wrong with this that I won't even bother. Quit the game and go do something else if it's so horrible.

Dursland

I hate the rival challenge b/c it blocks the collect all button. I usually buy the Forge Plus for 29 days where the collect all button is free.
Ctrl - will zoom out so you can see the button. Ctrl 0 will restore the right size.

Can also use ctrl + mouse scroll wheel on some computers.

Savvy187

"So other people spending money makes you not want to spend money ? It's not manipulation , it's free enterprise and this is a for profit game. Where is the cheating ? It's Innos's game and they make the rules , spenders are not breaking the rules therefore are not cheating. You must be moneyphobic lol"

That is exactly what you said "Spending cash to accomplish things in game that I could not accomplish without spending is cheating, and robs me of any sense of accomplishment. It's actually a disincentive to spend imo." PS . A Gucci purse is not really worth 35,000$ , people were manipulated into believing it is and bought it just for the name even though they know they were manipulated.
I never said anything about other people spending money impacting my decision making. Fascinating that is what you get from what I did say.