• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

RIVAL quest - not worth it

Savvy187

Put these two sentence meanings together (What you said verbatim and not out of context) and you tell me what other meaning it could have.

" Spending cash to accomplish things in game that I could not accomplish without spending is cheating (This is other people spending money) , and robs me of any sense of accomplishment. It's actually a disincentive (this means it's impacting your decision ) to spend imo."
You take it how you like, apparently you are not going to be able to understand what I am saying.

jaymoney23456

How is anyone gaining an advantage over you by spending money? You don't lose anything, your city stays the same. There is no winning the game, there is only playing as much or as little as you want. Quit focusing on what others are doing and just play your own game.
My stats mean less when others spend to get large amt of attack for example.

Flynn013

My stats mean less when others spend to get large amt of attack for example.
Is this what you are so mad about? Mostly meaningless numbers by your name? Sounds like you want to have the highest numbers in every area but are frustrated that you can't without spending real money.
As others have pointed out it's not cheating to spend money on the game to get your numbers higher faster. If having the highest stats is that important to you pull out your wallet and make it happen.

jaymoney23456

Is this what you are so mad about? Mostly meaningless numbers by your name? Sounds like you want to have the highest numbers in every area but are frustrated that you can't without spending real money.
As others have pointed out it's not cheating to spend money on the game to get your numbers higher faster. If having the highest stats is that important to you pull out your wallet and make it happen.
Attack stats matter in GbG in particular. You can disagree with me all you want but you don't get to decide what I think about the game or whether I spend on it.

jaymoney23456

When I first started playing one could get some advantage by spending but it wasn't the astronomical advantage one can get now. The way it used to be was a situation where you look at people spending a lot and say meh, don't really care much about it. I guess some seem to enjoy shoveling $$$$ in events only to see what they bought become obsolete due to outlandish power creep that is now going on. But I must not have any idea what I am talking about based on some of the comments i get in reply to posts. I guess a game should not be based on who is more skilled but simply a contest to see who can get out credit card the most. Sounds like a real fun way to play a game.... not. Sure it may be following the official rules to spend on the game but basing who does best in a game by who spends the most violates the spirit of gaming in general!! Anyone who disputes that is full of crap too!

Johnny B. Goode

I couldn't care less about other players. I'm bothered by the fact that there are now buildings I can never have without spending cash for them. That is not how the game has been historically until recently. A change like that may be fine with those who will spend the cash to get them, which is probably why you never see them complain. It isn't fine with F2P players. You can try to spin it all you want, but F2P players have a right to complain about such things. It isn't jealousy of other players (at least on my part), it's discontent with a relatively new and decidely unfair (for a game advertised as F2P) way of doing things.

Flynn013

I'm a F2P player myself. I did buy a few diamonds when i started playing the game just to get the last level of the Ferris Wheel. I do agree that everything should be obtainable for free. (Even if it takes a long time and/or some luck) At this point I choose not to worry about it.

Pericles the Lion

I couldn't care less about other players. I'm bothered by the fact that there are now buildings I can never have without spending cash for them. That is not how the game has been historically until recently. A change like that may be fine with those who will spend the cash to get them, which is probably why you never see them complain. It isn't fine with F2P players. You can try to spin it all you want, but F2P players have a right to complain about such things. It isn't jealousy of other players (at least on my part), it's discontent with a relatively new and decidely unfair (for a game advertised as F2P) way of doing things.
Unless I have overlooked something there have been two buildings that could be obtained with cash only (Keymaster's Workshop and Cobalt Blue Lagoon) that have not yet been released, for free, on the live server. The Keymaster is one of the daily specials on the 2024 Anniversary Event (on beta now). So far, there's been no mention if the CBL is one of the dailies.

Graviton

I don't care if there are buildings exclusive to paying players. Doesn't affect my game in the slightest. If I ever start spending real money on the game maybe I'll get one.

jaymoney23456

I don't care if there are buildings exclusive to paying players. Doesn't affect my game in the slightest. If I ever start spending real money on the game maybe I'll get one.
It doesn't impact you if players that spend can do better in GbG and thus get the towers and get even farther ahead of you and your guild?

Johnny B. Goode

I'm glad that you don't care. Some of us do, since this is advertised as a F2P game. And we have a right to complain about that, despite the fact that it draws the ire of the go-along-to-get-along crowd.

Pericles the Lion

I'm glad that you don't care. Some of us do, since this is advertised as a F2P game. And we have a right to complain about that, despite the fact that it draws the ire of the go-along-to-get-along crowd.
It's much ado about nothing but complain to your heart's content. The only building that you cannot get (so far) without spending cash is the Cobalt Blue Lagoon. It's not really worth whining about and INNO could very well re-release it during a future event. But, as Razorback Pirate was fond of saying, "You do you".

Graviton

1. Nobody said you have no right to complain. I stated my opinion, I said nothing about yours. Not sure why that inspired a response, especially since you replied to things I didn't say.
2. Attempting to stereotype and dismiss everyone who disagrees with you is not an actual point.

It doesn't impact you if players that spend can do better in GbG and thus get the towers and get even farther ahead of you and your guild?
That's what "it doesn't impact me" means. I don't care about guild standing in GBG. I do the fights my guild requires and don't care about where we end up. It's not like there's a finish line in this game.

PJS299

Finished 30/32 for free. Again. And I finished a town in about four hours, thanks to the rival. The rewards aren't all that great, but it is fun rushing GE and speeding through the town. And now I have some Quick Promos, more Swift-Shams, and quite a few time skips. Maybe, just maybe, I can squeeze into Silver. (I'm in Bronze with 385, Silver is 413 - so not likely)

jaymoney23456

1. Nobody said you have no right to complain. I stated my opinion, I said nothing about yours. Not sure why that inspired a response, especially since you replied to things I didn't say.
2. Attempting to stereotype and dismiss everyone who disagrees with you is not an actual point.

That's what "it doesn't impact me" means. I don't care about guild standing in GBG. I do the fights my guild requires and don't care about where we end up. It's not like there's a finish line in this game.
Many do care about guild standing in GbG. Just because you don't doesn't mean others share your view.

planetofthehumans2

Leave this one alone unless you love really bad deals :
Thanks I hate it. But though the event I actually have enough kits to build a gold archdruid hut...but without the plat upgrade it's totally useless in my town because of the %. The next "free" one would be on task 950 or some nonsense, so its a shame.