• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rogues\Alcatraz

WinterJoppa

I am wondering about adding a second Rogue's Hideout to city - which includes Alcatraz.

My question is would Alcatraz deliver a proportional increase in Rogues because I now have two hideouts?

KevinP0208

I am wondering about adding a second Rogue's Hideout to city - which includes Alcatraz.

My question is would Alcatraz deliver a proportional increase in Rogues because I now have two hideouts?
It depends on if you have other military buildings or not. If you don't, then there would be no difference. Your Traz will produce the same amount of rogues. If you have other military buildings, then it will increase the chances of producing rogues. Like for example:

You have 1 hideout and no military buildings = 100% rogues from Traz
2 hideouts + 1 military building = 66% of production will most likely be rogues

WinterJoppa

Thanks. I currently have one other military bldg. and one Rogue's Hideout. It sounds like it would produce a few extra rogues in my case.

DeletedUser

I had 6 Rogue dens and it produced the same proportion of Rogues to others after I sold 5 of them

WinterJoppa

Ah. Well. In that case the best solution is probably just as Ebeondi Asi said. I will likely need to eliminate the other one for a certain amount of time.

Algona

It is no quite clear. I have four Cities, four traz around level 70 or so. i have watched the troops traz adds each day. they are not proportional.
They may vary as much a s 150% of one and 50% of another. And it is never due to 'leveling out' the least or most. it is random. Adding a second building for any troop will probably not increase that troop as much as one hopes.

Well, sorry, but it is clear. Easily demonstrable as noted at the end of this post.

Traz is random based on each troop collected as a proportion of the number of each type of barracks in the city.

If you have lvl 72 Traz you get 70 troops with each one of the 70 independently and randomly determined based on the proportions of the barracks in the city.

In the case of the OP orignally having 1 RH and 1 other barracks type, in the long run half the troops will be Rogues.

If the OP adds a second RH and keep the one other barracks then in the long run 2/3 of the troops will be Rogues.

As noted, Traz has easily verifiable behaviour. At 70 troops per day you can gather 2000 samples per month. Annotate daily the number of each troop type collected. Run one month with 1 RH 1 other barrack, one month with 2 TH and 1 other barrack.

Last edited:

Vger

At 70 troops per day you can gather 2000 samples per month. Annotate daily the number of each troop type collected. Run one month with 1 RH 1 other barrack, one month with 2 TH and 1 other barrack.
A whole month? Do you know how long that would take? Why can't I just look at the number of troops I collected today? Why does Inno insist on using an RNG that produces such random results? Oh, wait.

CommanderCool1234

Well, sorry, but it is clear. Easily demonstrable as noted at the end of this post.

Traz is random based on each troop collected as a proportion of the number of each type of barracks in the city.

If you have lvl 72 Traz you get 70 troops with each one of the 70 independently and randomly determined based on the proportions of the barracks in the city.

In the case of the OP orignally having 1 RH and 1 other barracks type, in the long run half the troops will be Rogues.

If the OP adds a second RH and keep the one other barracks then in the long run 2/3 of the troops will be Rogues.

As noted, Traz has easily verifiable behaviour. At 70 troops per day you can gather 2000 samples per month. Annotate daily the number of each troop type collected. Run one month with 1 RH 1 other barrack, one month with 2 TH and 1 other barrack.
Well said, foelite did a bunch of collections and found that if you have 2 hideots and 2 champions retreats you have a higher chance of getting 50/50 split then if you had just had 1 rogue hideot and 1 champion.

Vger

Well said, foelite did a bunch of collections and found that if you have 2 hideots and 2 champions retreats you have a higher chance of getting 50/50 split then if you had just had 1 rogue hideot and 1 champion.
I think I found the video you got that from. Problem is, "a bunch of" is probably just too small of a sample size to draw any conclusions. Basic probability says that 1 and 1 will give the same results over time as 2 and 2. Unless Inno is writing really complicated code to skew things to favor the 2 + 2 case, rather than just allowing simple probability to drive the results. Why on earth would they do that?

Glockgemini

The only reason to have more than one Rogue Hideout is to have more attached rogues you can rebuild. Once you have a substantial amount of rogues, one hideout is all you need.

CommanderCool1234

The only reason to have more than one Rogue Hideout is to have more attached rogues you can rebuild. Once you have a substantial amount of rogues, one hideout is all you need.
Also if you want to have a 50% chance of getting rogues and want to have a lets say 10% chance of getting every other unit of your age then you could have 5 rogues hideots and 1 of each military unit of your age.

Algona

Devil / details. What's a substantial amount of Rogues? Does that amount change if the player is relatively new to the game? Does the lvl of the Traz make a difference? What if the Traz is lvl 4? Does the number and type of other unattached troops change that? What about when a player moves to a new Era?

LaGoulue

Interesting discussion ... I've got 4 RH so, if I eliminate all but one, Traz rogue production (I have over 500) won't be affected? Another question: I built and then removed conscript and armored car (both cannon fodder as far as I can tell) buildings, yet I'm still getting both units from Traz ... does it really matter if a military building is present? I have 2 ordinance, 1 tank, 1 sniper buildings plus 1 champ.

Last edited:

Agent327

Interesting discussion ... I've got 4 RH so, if I eliminate all but one, Traz rogue production (I have over 500) won't be affected?

Not when you have no other military buildings. In that case one is enough.

Another question: I built and then removed conscript and armored car (both cannon fodder as far as I can tell) buildings, yet I'm still getting both units from Traz ... does it really matter if a military building is present? I have 2 ordinance, 1 tank, 1 sniper buildings plus 1 champ.

Traz also produces units from buildings that are under construction, or not connected to the Town Hall.