• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Share your FoE Goals !!!

Triopoly Champion

Now tell us something we don't know.
Stephen Longshanks' 8 Field Guns or 4 Field Guns + 4 Rogues are generally most vulnerable to the Colonial Champion defenders, thus unable to efficiently farm those.

If the real defender Champion is a Colonial Champion, then my Champions should be Industrial Champions.

Champion Farmings have levels, these 2 screenshots below show the advanced tactics how to gain more ranking points.
Forge of Empires - Champion Farming 1.jpg
Forge of Empires - Champion Farming 2.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Stephen Longshanks' 8 Field Guns or 4 Field Guns + 4 Rogues are generally most vulnerable to the Colonial Champion defenders, thus unable to efficiently farm those.

If the real defender Champion is a Colonial Champion, then my Champions should be Industrial Champions.

Champion Farmings have levels, these 2 screenshots below show the advanced tactics how to gain more ranking points.
Quit acting like my response to one post is relevant to another. My response about using 8 Field Guns or 4 Field Guns + 4 Rogues was in response to your post about fighting Grenadiers and Field Guns, not your post about Champ farming.

And as far as Champ farming, it's smarter to use a light unit + 7 Rogues against 8 Champs because then you'll take only one hit if you fight it correctly.

And there are no "advanced tactics" to gain more ranking points, you get a fixed number of ranking points for each defender you kill and the ONLY factor that influences that is the Happiness level of your city. For example, an Industrial Age Champion has a base value of 2300 points, which is what you would get per Champion if your city is merely Happy. If your city is Enthusiastic, however, that value jumps up to 2760 battle points with the 120% modifier.

DeletedUser40197

And there are no "advanced tactics" to gain more ranking points, you get a fixed number of ranking points for each defender you kill and the ONLY factor that influences that is the Happiness level of your city. For example, an Industrial Age Champion has a base value of 2300 points, which is what you would get per Champion if your city is merely Happy. If your city is Enthusiastic, however, that value jumps up to 2760 battle points with the 120% modifier.
I feel like I'm finding out all kinds of new information lately. I didn't realize happiness related to the battles, I thought it just effected productivity. Most of the time I have significantly more points on PVP tower with many less fights under my belt. I assumed it wad just d/t I tend to attack toward the top of my hood and not from the bottom and of course fight most of GE. I guess there is more to it than I thought.

DeletedUser37581

I'm a Champion farmer, so I basically ask my neighbor to put in 8 Champion defense, then I attack the city, earn tons of ranking points.

Or, drop my own GvG sector after filling it up with 8 Colonial Champion defenders, then attacking the sector when the ownership changes to NPC.
Upcoming changes to GvG include:

Reduce Point Farming Profitability

To combat farming ranking points with Champions, once a sector is freed, all units that were placed there will be replaced with random, NPC units of the sector's age. In the All Age Map, the units will be replaced with units from the highest age.

DeletedUser37581

By highest age, that means that abandoned tiles will revert to FE defensive armies for the AA map?
My guess would be SAM, otherwise the announcement could have just stated FE as there won't be any additional maps.

Triopoly Champion

My main goal already achieved, Arc 80 just reached which meant I could advance to SAM without additional GB upgrades, since I prefer to finish the game than being the best. Let me wait to see what'll show up after Space Age Mars.
Forge of Empires - Arc 80 Achieved.jpg

DeletedUser40061

my long term foe goals would revolve around some things such as...making my cities on all 3 worlds prosperous and efficient. to better my armies so that i can win more battles and to efficiently distribute how i spend my coins, supplies and fps..because as of now, iam always struggling to find more coins and supplies..iam always running low. so low many a times iam in need of them for something crucial and would have to delay for set amount of time. my role model in foe game is none other than super catanian! noobs like myself can learn from him. it remains to be seen how well i would do a year from now. it is a slow progression, me. this game most of the time is kicking my arse from left to right...i always fall short of 1 fp or 1 piece of goods...may the foe gods be lenient on me very soon

Triopoly Champion

Arctic Orangery seems to be an excellent GB for me to level up sky high, already collected tons of blueprints -
Forge of Empires - Arctic Orangery Blueprint Progress.jpg

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

Since your attack boost is so high and you are a good fighter with your Champions, will the AO make any difference in winning your battles?
The higher the AO level, the more likely the critical hit boosts will activate, which means it's possible for my field guns to defeat enemy rangers.

8 Field Guns vs (4 Grenadiers + 4 Field Guns, 90% boosted), big no, takes 4-5 hits to kill each enemy Grenadiers if they are on the plains.

Stephen Longshanks' streategy doesn't work for me, I ended up taking more damages even when I kill the enemy artillery units in the correct orders and I back up my Field Guns to prevent the hits as much as possible. The enemy Grenadiers are too strong standing on the plains.

For me, use Field Guns to kill the enemy Rangers are even easier than the enemy Grenadiers, since I know how to lure the enemy Rangers out of the forest, then Rogue hit them.

8 Breech Loaders vs (4 Howitzers + 4 Breech Loaders, 95% boosted), absolutely yes.

Stephen Longshanks has said never use Field Guns to fight Enemy Rangers, see if that holds true when my AO reaches level 70 -
Forge of Empires - Field Guns vs 2 Rangers.jpg

Anyway, I guess my attack boost is already too high here.

But, I have to debate Stephen Longshanks that it's just as hard for my field guns to take out the enemy Grenadiers compare to the enemy Dragoons.
Forge of Empires - Field Guns vs Dragoon.jpg
These types of Field Gun battles surely very time consuming, I'd rather just use my 1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues, can often auto-battle.

Those Field Guns are nearly useless, but the Rogues are powerful.
Forge of Empires - Field Guns vs 2 Dragoons.jpg

Last edited:

Agent327

Stephen Longshanks' streategy doesn't work for me

Stephen Longshanks has said never use Field Guns to fight Enemy Rangers, see if that holds true when my AO reaches level 70 -

But, I have to debate Stephen Longshanks that it's just as hard for my field guns to take out the enemy Grenadiers compare to the enemy Dragoons.

What's up with this Longshanks obsession????

UBERhelp1

Well....... to get this thread back on topic....

I currently want to get all my GB to level 10 on my main.

I want to complete the FJ Settlements and get the awesome buildings from it (and the two FP giving emissaries) on both my main and Tiny Town.

I want to get an Arc and DT on my Tiny Town, which will be a lot of work (I don't produce many FP, I'm low on goods in general, let alone to trade for Arc/DT sets, etc.)

And that's about it ;)