• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Should I pay (trade question)

• Thread starter DeletedUser34874
  • Start date

DeletedUser34874

ok deciding what to do. I traded 460 fp for goods for a gb. Got the goods placed the 460 on the gb.

After which I added 200 more to lock in a third place win. Now the trader says I owe him 100 fp for the reward I am getting off winning 3rd.

Does this sound like it’s fair? Also I’m going with the concensus so if enough people think it’s fair (between the forum, my guild, and some top traders I know) I’ll go with that. So I have no side in this.

Quick info 460 places for trade, 200 extra is mine, the reward is 235 fp, 9000 medals, 7ish blueprints.

DeletedUser34874

This sort of term would have needed to be discussed before the trade for them to demand your FPs. If you didn't discuss how to handle FP rewards while donating to pay the goods, he has no grounds to demand more FP.

To clarify this. No it was not discussed before. His message back to me basically give the reason that this is “normal trading practice” and everybody knows about it. So in other words.it’s common knowledge

Algona

No, thanks, that sounds like an awful deal.

I figure you owe me another XXX Goods for putting more F{ on your GB. The trades are up now. I;d appreciate prompt payment.

I also think that you owe me 100 FP a day for living in the same universe as me and for taking up all the oxygen. You can put that 100 FP per day on my 'whatever GB you just bought the Goods for'. Thanks for your attention to this.

It's been a pleasure doing business with you.

wolfhoundtoo

This is not common practice that I've heard of before. You made a straight up agreement of x amount of goods for x amount of forge points. Presuming that you discussed which GB to donate to and donated to the GB that was agreed upon you don't owe him anything because you won one of the rewards. If he'd told you that you couldn't donate any more fps that might be a different story. Also he already GOT a bonus - 200 forge points that you utilized to win the spot in the 1st place. If you'd messed up and not locked the spot he wasn't going to pay you the fps back or pay you additional goods for the fps you donated.

If a trader wants to add extra clauses they need to tell you up front. There is no such thing as 'common practice' here. Realistically though it comes down to whether or not you want to do a trade with the guy in the future. If you do then you probably need to pay them. My advice though is find a more honest player to trade with in the future.

On a side note - Did they explain how they came up with 100 fps extra? you put in 660 fps and are getting 235 fps back you said. Even with a 'net' trade (that's a trade that does take the reward into account) how is he coming up with 100? I'm guessing they calculated your Arc bonus into it.)

DeletedUser34874

More back ground for wolf hound. The 100 owed just happens to be the amount left before leveling (amazing right). I guess I didn’t think of it but my small arc bonus would make it 80-90 so rounded up lol.

At this point I wouldn’t trade again at all with him. Which is a shame I still need to buy an AO, Kracken, and cape his loss.

wolfhoundtoo

I see. So the player is essentially saying you had a 'net' deal so that anything you won would be paid to him so that it cost you 460 forge points no matter what. While people do trade 'net' the terms are always spelled out ahead of time. In addition since you had to spent 200 forge points to win the prize it isn't a straight up 'net' trade anyway. Basically I'd say they are trying to take advantage of you. From my view point you fulfilled the conditions of the trade. "Net" trades aren't standard by any means and all forge point trades need to spell out the requirements.

DeletedUser33297

I have to agree with the other commenters on this one. A deal is a deal. Terms were agreed upon. As soon as you tranferred the fps and received the goods, the deal was completed, as the temrs were met. Anthing more being demanded is extortion. Tell him to pound sand and sever your business relationship.

Volodya

No, thanks, that sounds like an awful deal.

I figure you owe me another XXX Goods for putting more F{ on your GB. The trades are up now. I;d appreciate prompt payment.

I also think that you owe me 100 FP a day for living in the same universe as me and for taking up all the oxygen. You can put that 100 FP per day on my 'whatever GB you just bought the Goods for'. Thanks for your attention to this.

It's been a pleasure doing business with you.
Extortionist! I'll sell them a share of MY oxygen for 75 fp a day.

DeletedUser34874

Ok, thanks all. My guild said about the same thing. As he never actually said anything about a reward I won’t pay anymore.

Personally, I don’t see the point of including the reward. It’s just that a reward. He could of easily said put 100 on 4 different gb and 60 on another and I would of.

DeletedUser32824

Glad you didn't do it. I paid a guy 500 FP for goods and ended up with about 180 FP from rewards and he told me congratulations on the free FPs! In the future I'd ask about being able to lock a spot before you trade. In my case I asked if I could lock 1st on any of his GBs so I could get a reward. If you're putting on over 1.9x then he shouldn't care who is getting the reward.

DeletedUser34893

I have been lurking but I had to respond to this. I actually had the reverse happen to me. I sold goods for a set price, the buyer paid them and then put more on to secure a better reward. Then...he demanded I owe him more goods for the extra FP's! Take about a double/triple dip!
I tried to reason with him that it was his choice to add extra and he actually lowered his cost by adding more since he received a decent reward but ended up unfriending and putting them on ignore.

DeletedUser34285

yeah, that guy can f off haha. Assume he was a guild mate too. Twice as bad!

spnnr

ok deciding what to do. I traded 460 fp for goods for a gb. Got the goods placed the 460 on the gb.

After which I added 200 more to lock in a third place win. Now the trader says I owe him 100 fp for the reward I am getting off winning 3rd.

Does this sound like it’s fair? Also I’m going with the concensus so if enough people think it’s fair (between the forum, my guild, and some top traders I know) I’ll go with that. So I have no side in this.

Quick info 460 places for trade, 200 extra is mine, the reward is 235 fp, 9000 medals, 7ish blueprints.

Don't fall for the swindle as it wasn't part of the deal and don't do future trades with him.

DeletedUser34879

Don't pay. He should told you in advance. Tell him if he dont stop his demand you will spread a bad word. And bad word is faster than light...

DeletedUser28670

I have been lurking but I had to respond to this. I actually had the reverse happen to me. I sold goods for a set price, the buyer paid them and then put more on to secure a better reward. Then...he demanded I owe him more goods for the extra FP's! Take about a double/triple dip!
I tried to reason with him that it was his choice to add extra and he actually lowered his cost by adding more since he received a decent reward but ended up unfriending and putting them on ignore.
SNAKES!
YOUR BACK!