• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

should we stop plundering ????

Plain Red Justice

This war game is actually the most casualized when it comes to PvP because you can't plunder everything and you can't even permanently wrec/ delevel upgraded buildings. Removing it is the best option since it creates more problems for the plunderer compared to the peanut benefits that he gets

DeletedUser36572

True, Then again, in real-world we have nukes and air defense systems that would detect incoming missiles. The defender would have auto/semi auto-response to launch theirs. There would always be someone to monitor the system just in case. In this game, the defender doesn't have those systems. When we sleep and attacked while sleep, we would be SOL and plundered. So the game is not even close to real-life warfare.

The Defender in the game, most certainly has access to an automatic defense system ... It’s called a Defense Shield, and they also have access to Defense Boosts, Defense Armies and even Attack and Defense Bonuses for Troops in those Defending Armies.

Any comparison made to real world military conditions, was simply added to demonstrate, that much like the real world, you get what you pay for as far as whether or not you have a chance of competing or even surviving on the battlefield ...

Unless of course your mission is compromised by some nit-wit that thinks the battlefield is some kind of social engineering experiment that could better be managed with a handicapping system that pursues an imaginary “fairness”.

Shoot Yourself In The Foot

Nicholas002

The thing is: It is Not Truly a PVP battle! It is a player battling against an automated unmanned army, not another player. The option to plunder is fine but, you should have to fight a person that has control of how their army moves, etc.
So what are you suggesting?
That INNO sets a time for plundering? you can only plunder between 6:00pm and 8:00pm EST? and you have to hope that the person you want to fight is online at exactly the same time as you, and also happens to want to fight you?

People live in different time-zones, and 6:00pm EST may be 2:00am somewhere else.

This simply would not work in a game as complex as FoE, where fighting is only a part of it.

Sure real PvP play works in a game where fighting is everything: the game waits for a group of players to be online at the same time,
or where it is everybody vs. everybody, but in FoE? Not happening.

Emberguard

but in FoE?
Only way I could see it happening with live attacks is if it did away with neighbourhood merges altogether in regards to plundering and changed how the auto battle kicks in. Just allow you to attack and plunder from anyone who's online at the same time as you (even if that means a larger range of ages plundering each other).

Then you have a new problem. What if you're in the middle of GE, GBG, GvG, or quest negotiation/battle? Or even just in the middle of the last persons attack on your city? Does that automatically give a plunderer a win against your city? Does it put your defence on auto pilot because you were busy?

What if it gives you a choice to abandon your current activity (auto-lose that negotiation or battle) to go defend against the plunderer? Would you still want to take over the defences to do that? Or would you rather take the losses if the computer doesn't beat the opponent? What if your army can only go up against one plunderer at a time once you add real time battles and everyone else has free access while you're occupied with the other guy?

One thing it'd absolutely HAVE to do is stop the defender from being able to do anything at all until they give an answer on if they want to take over the fight against the plunderer. Because if you don't then they could pickup production before accepting which wouldn't be fair at all. Of course this would potentially mess with the diamond collect option if it occurs at the wrong time

Nicholas002

Ok, I guess it's remotely possible, but worth it?

it would probably be a large development challenge, and I would simply rather see the devs work on improving other game features. I mean, who really cares about plundering?? I see plundering as the single most overblown aspect of this game: it gets a ton of attention, and it's game consequences are vanishingly small.

Emberguard

Totally not worth it.

I mean, the auctions start a new auction every 50 players. I’ve never logged onto my world, checked the auction and had a timer started for longer then 2-3 minutes. If that’s at all indicative of 50 players then that’s a player logging in every 2-3 seconds. I wouldn’t want to be pinged for a fight every 2-3 seconds if people decide to do plundering due to live battles. I’d never get to do anything in my actual city

Johnnie

I think entering a pvp battleground to win a 24 hour right to plunder players you win against would be fair. Being pinged to fight wouldn't be good nor is being online and getting a notice you've been defeated by a player because of your automated war service.

DeletedUser40966

i'm wondering ....
I was told by a player way back when I was a newbie. that if I don't like the plundering, then maybe I should play Elvenar, which by the way is another fine Inno game. Besides that, Where else can you go to beat and steal from your neighbors without going to jail?
should INNO get rid of the option plundering ?and why do so many people hate it ? . i
t's open to any comments of those who disagree or agree to the option of plundering or not
i'm just wondering, that's all.

Reese7990

It kills me when I see people complain about the PvP aspects of this game. I've played a lot of these types and the PvP of this game is very light and painless compared to others. A building gets plundered? Aww... Other games I've had my city burned to the ground and took 3-4 days before everything was fixed. Sometimes a building would get permanently destroyed and had to be replaced at great expense. Other games allowed you to build multiple cities and they could be taken from you. Imagine your flagship city, all shiny and filled with maxed out buildings, being snatched from you while you sleep. Hate to sound insulting, but if you can not handle the PvP aspect of this game, you need to avoid PvP games altogether.

I agree 100%. Inno has already nerfed pvp drastically compared to other games where your entire Army can be zero'd or your city burnt to the ground. Losing a few goods, fps or coins is hardly going to damage your city growth. As well easy defenses are already in place. Motivated buildings are protected. Collecting on time leaves nothing to plunder.

I personally do not plunder or attack my neighbors unless they attack me first. Not that I'm against plundering, it's just not how I choose to play. Although I certainly enjoy the back n forth battle with a worthy opponent for a few weeks.

DeletedUser40777

i Only Attack & Plunder People That i Dont Like' That have set me on ignore :D
Where does one find this "Ignore" list you speak of? Interesting. Some people are so abrasive you just want to blow them off the Earth

DeletedUser40777

I think a player who wants to plunder should have to battle the player rather than an auto-battle it's only fair. Sure, use a city battle defense and attack percentages as pvp but, at least the attacker and defender would have to be somewhat matched. It really isn't right that a player with zero to ten percent of either can win against the auto-battle even if, the city they attack has fifty or more percent than them.

I have a city defense but I find it a problem to change it in hopes that the attacker will use forces that my current defense can defend against. I get plundered, so I change my defense. They resist a couple attempts and then the plundering starts again.
My problem currently is overnight. I set things so I can collect mid-morning but lately I don't get to look at the game until afternoon. Don't want to set things for 24 hrs. So I just try to build up defense bonuses and shrug when plundered.
It was worse in early ages when I really needed those goods, supplies, coins to survive another day

Aggressor

i'm wondering ....

should INNO get rid of the option plundering ?
More plundering topics :rolleyes:
No. Plundering is an important and rewarding part of the game. Any plunder is won fair and square, because the attacker's army is better than the defenders. The defenders allow themselves to be plundered by not placing a strong enough city defense and not collecting from their buildings.
and why do so many people hate it ? . i
People hate it because they think they are being stolen from, they think it is unfair. In reality, it is part of the game rules, 100% fair. It can be an opportunity to help players get better, as being plundered isn't fun and the player being plundered will change their strategy.
For me, plundering is almost something I live off of. It is extremely helpful to plunder 30 goods from somebody, especially in a resource that isn't boosted for me. Coins and supplies... meh.
Special buildings that produce FPs and goods buildings... hell yeah.
Plundering should never be removed, if only to spite the whiners who can’t put up with a little bit of competitiveness.

So many people come to the forums to complain about this, that a casual onlooker might think getting plundered is the worst thing that could happen to a player. In fact, I really had to ponder why so many people come to the forum to complain about it. I would assume that for most it’s an ego thing. I mean, getting plundered isn’t even that bad. Generally speaking, the resources available for a plunderer to steal are a drop in the bucket.

These complaining noobs probably start out the game thinking that they are practically immortal after destroying the Bronze Age continent map. “I have the best army in my hood”, I can almost hear them thinking...

Then after unlocking PvP, they get attacked for the first time (and likely beaten). That’s gotta be a killer blow to a noob who thinks they’re God’s gift to FoE. Even if the plunderer only takes a few coins, the noob suddenly realizes that they are, in fact, not as good as they think. The solution, from their self-centered and offended viewpoint, can only be for Inno to change the game. Then they treat us all to yet another “I hate plundering” forum rant. They all sound the same...

For most, I’d be willing to bet the reaction would be identical even if the attacker(s) didn’t even plunder - “How dare you attack my city!”.
Listen to that ^
I generally don't plunder, but I always need points, and if I come against a city defended by the two feeble footsoldiers, they're gonna get plundered. If I have to check back every 30 minutes until there's something worth taking, they're GONNA get plundered!
Agreed. I manual battle on PvP, and I get so disappointed when I see 2 spearfighters. Now, I don't see why you don't plunder everybody, you beat them, you deserve to.
I don't usually feel bad plundering, but when the player has a COLISEUM, I'm gonna lose any guilt I would've had.
And then there's the dumb people who put a ton of rogues in their defense....

DeletedUser40777

I'm still not sure when it is sniping and when it is just adding FPs. Is there a certain time after which it is sniping? Say when the GB has 50% of needed FPs? When only the top 1 or 2 have a significant investment and everyone else has low FPs invested? When it is almost complete and top two have hundreds invested but #3 has 70 FPs? Can I add 100 and bump him? (Obviously on higher lvl GBs.)
I'm only in it for the BP. Never even thought about the other things.
Do people usually call slots?

And finally - I've been told to ask a player before putting FPs on a building not posted for swap. Normal procedure for most people?

Nicholas002

sniping is a controversial term. my definition: "sniping= locking a position on someone's GB for a profit."

other people may have other definitions.

different guilds have different rules about adding FPs. some guilds say you shouldn't add FPs to any GB in the guild unless it is posted in a thread, or you communicate with the GB owner. other guilds may say you can add to positions that aren't posted, but you can't overtake a guild-mate to take the position...

just figure out what your guild rules are, ( or go guild hopping, and snipe everything in sight:D)

Reese7990

I'm still not sure when it is sniping and when it is just adding FPs. Is there a certain time after which it is sniping? Say when the GB has 50% of needed FPs? When only the top 1 or 2 have a significant investment and everyone else has low FPs invested? When it is almost complete and top two have hundreds invested but #3 has 70 FPs? Can I add 100 and bump him? (Obviously on higher lvl GBs.)
I'm only in it for the BP. Never even thought about the other things.
Do people usually call slots?

And finally - I've been told to ask a player before putting FPs on a building not posted for swap. Normal procedure for most people?

Sniping goes hand in hand with 1.9 levelling. Understanding one without the other makes a description complicated. In order to use a 1.9 thread a player has to add fps to his/her own building until they have added enough that a player with a lvl 80 + Arc can lock a spot on their building without risk of anyone beating them out. Adding 1.9% this donor will recieve all their fps back, plus gain the rewards of medals and bps. A player with a higher Arc may actually make fp profit too.

So sniping....It takes less fps from the owner to lock spots 1 and 2 then it does to lock 3 and 4. Some players wait till all spots are potentially protected before posting their building. This leaves them exposed though. Another player can come in and lock the #1 spot for less than 1.9, meaning they will make a profit. The owner however now has to compensate for the less amount and add it themselves to still protect the remaining spots. This can be very costly.

DeletedUser39317

i'm wondering ....

should INNO get rid of the option plundering ?and why do so many people hate it ? . i
t's open to any comments of those who disagree or agree to the option of plundering or not
i'm just wondering, that's all.
I dont plunder yet. I may when I get the higher age GBs. I would feel bad about it even though this is a game.