• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping Progress

Farfle the smelly

I taught my neighbor how to snipe today. We are both new players in the same hood for the first time, and technically she’s my competition. But I kept seeing her FPs floating around and it was making me sad that she’d most likely lose them. So taught her the timing and math and let her keep two buildings (they were ripe for sniping, I’m so generous, lol) but the rest are open season. Gimmegimme.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve almost sniped and thought ‘wait, what guild are they in again? Oh crap, mine!’ and then slowly, and sadly, walked away. Some of these guilds are large and it can be difficult to keep folks straight.

Lastly, I’m pretty sure sniping is my favorite part of the game. /-:

ahsay

I'm an American too and maybe it's time we stop saying that as if we have something to be proud of. We're not as exceptional as we keep telling ourselves.
We *should* be proud of that. It has nothing to do with being "exceptional". We simply embrace a model that works. The entire world is adapting that model. China is barely holding on to it's antiquated communist theories. If it hasn't already happened they'll soon be committed to capitalism. They love McDonalds and KFC.

Salsuero

We *should* be proud of that.

Your opinion, not mine.

It has nothing to do with being "exceptional".

It has everything to do with it. We think we're the best at everything when we're terrible at many things... certainly not as good at many things as other countries. An obsession with profit isn't something I think makes us great.

We simply embrace a model that works.

Meh. Does it though? Again... your opinion, not mine.

The entire world is adapting that model.

Not true. Many have a more balanced model and it arguably works much better.

China is barely holding on to it's antiquated communist theories.

Capitalism is also an antiquated theory. It's been around for ages.

If it hasn't already happened they'll soon be committed to capitalism.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if I were you. Sure, they have embraced some elements of capitalism, but they won't be going full Murica anytime soon.

ahsay

It has everything to do with it. We think we're the best at everything when we're terrible at many things... certainly not as good at many things as other countries. An obsession with profit isn't something I think makes us great.
Who said "great"...there is nothing wrong with profit. Profit does not mean greed. Profit means ice cream cones.

Salsuero

there is nothing wrong with profit.

Depends on how that profit is accumulated... at whose expense... and to what disparity. Nothing? I disagree.

Profit does not mean greed.

Like I said... it depends. Because some profit can definitely be linked to greed.

Profit means ice cream cones.

As long as there are enough ice cream cones to go around, I don't mind you profiting. There just aren't in America. In New York alone, there are more than 100 billionaires -- with a B -- and they've cumulatively profited to the tune of over 500 billion dollars since this pandemic began. Yet there is a massive unemployment problem now and we can't seem to find enough money to help average folks who are used daily to achieve those profits pay rent or buy groceries. Sure could find money for tax cuts, corporate bailouts, and stock market infusions so those billionaires could keep more of those profits, though. Profit is fine... in moderation. But Americans do pretty much nothing in moderation.

Enjoy your ice cream.

Graviton

How'd we go from sniping GBs to sniping at capitalism?

The profit motive is human nature and is what allows an economy, and people, to thrive. Tax cuts are being "allowed" to keep more of your own money, and corporate bailouts and stock market infusions aren't capitalism. Let's at least be clear about what we're railing against.

G0T U

Message on one of my cities reads:

"I will attack you, I will plunder you, I will snipe your GB's if there is profit to be made, please send any childish complaints to Santa Claus."

I'm on the naughty list ...

Salsuero

Well let's try for 4. Your life is profit. Without it you couldn't print your drivel here.

f0e.gif

ahsay

We all profit. We all greed...I've said the former many times; the latter...this would be the first.

DeletedUser27301

I taught my neighbor how to snipe today. We are both new players in the same hood for the first time, and technically she’s my competition. But I kept seeing her FPs floating around and it was making me sad that she’d most likely lose them. So taught her the timing and math and let her keep two buildings (they were ripe for sniping, I’m so generous, lol) but the rest are open season. Gimmegimme.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve almost sniped and thought ‘wait, what guild are they in again? Oh crap, mine!’ and then slowly, and sadly, walked away. Some of these guilds are large and it can be difficult to keep folks straight.

Lastly, I’m pretty sure sniping is my favorite part of the game. /-:

Honestly that's not a bad idea. I love it when I have a fellow sniper in the hood, I'll key them in on some hits, usually that compels the owner to level faster (not always though lol) since they see their GB as being most of the way there.

Best is when a fellow sniper is a guildmate though, sadly no one loves TE as much as me so it's been a while since I've had that.