• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Snipping

Emberguard

What about the levels of GB that can be sniped as soon as they open? A player that is closely watching a gb of another player could snipe before the owner could get a spot taken from 1.9
Organize who's taking the spots and at what time before you open the level. That'll give mere minutes for someone to snipe.

Also, the popup for level complete only appears after you finish the level. So decide ahead of time if you want to leave the level up until you have volunteers for 1st + 2nd for the next level, or if you intend to level it and keep it locked for a while to throw the sniper off

jaymoney23456

Organize who's taking the spots and at what time before you open the level. That'll give mere minutes for someone to snipe.

Also, the popup for level complete only appears after you finish the level. So decide ahead of time if you want to leave the level up until you have volunteers for 1st + 2nd for the next level, or if you intend to level it and keep it locked for a while to throw the sniper off
I haven't been sniped in longer than I can remember but you have provided a nonsensical answer. It used to be that almost as soon as you opened your arc for example it would be sniped. It isn't always the case that it works to simply wait for people to be on to take spots.

Emberguard

It used to be that almost as soon as you opened your arc for example it would be sniped.
Then change what times you're on so they can't predict when you're collecting your town, Aiding other people, opening up levels, clearing your tavern or messaging people

99% of the time if it's getting sniped immediately it's because you're doing everything routinely at the same or similar time each day.

Otherwise if you really believe you can't outmaneuver them, just eat the cost and go through the sweet spots as quickly as you can so you get to a level where it's not attractive to the sniper anymore.

Also make sure they're not on your friends list. Put them on ignore so they can't friend you. That way they would have to be in your neighborhood to snipe

Last edited:

Frostblade

What about the levels of GB that can be sniped as soon as they open? A player that is closely watching a gb of another player could snipe before the owner could get a spot taken from 1.9

Sniping is not entirely an owner making mistakes. Sometimes snipers watch gb like hawks and snipe as soon as a gb is opened when its in the sweet spot and you can lock in a spot as soon as the gb for less than 1.9 and get a profit from it.
Indeed some snipers do this, taking first spot as soon as GB is unlocked, or leveling a GB and then sniping next level,
however this method is just silly and not profitable because no matter the stage of a sweet spot the percentage profit is too low.
Not only that but since that GB is unlikely to be the one which the owner want to level this means they'll wait much longer for a profit that is not worth it.

I call them medals snipers because that's what they're doing, they sniping to profit on medals rather FP's.

From the owner perspective the only way to prevent it is to be in fast 1.9 thread and only unlock a GB when you want to level it.
If you want to level a GB for the 2nd time after it was sniped then make sure to wait at least 30min before leveling again, because it's unlikely snipers would waste more than 30 min to watch on your GB.

Pericles the Lion

Indeed some snipers do this, taking first spot as soon as GB is unlocked, or leveling a GB and then sniping next level,
however this method is just silly and not profitable because no matter the stage of a sweet spot the percentage profit is too low.
Not only that but since that GB is unlikely to be the one which the owner want to level this means they'll wait much longer for a profit that is not worth it.

I call them medals snipers because that's what they're doing, they sniping to profit on medals rather FP's.

From the owner perspective the only way to prevent it is to be in fast 1.9 thread and only unlock a GB when you want to level it.
If you want to level a GB for the 2nd time after it was sniped then make sure to wait at least 30min before leveling again, because it's unlikely snipers would waste more than 30 min to watch on your GB.
"Medals snipers", too funny. :cool:

The majority of "sniping" is done on GBs whose owners welcome the contributions because they either self-level or are in swaps. I don't waste a second currycombing the neighborhood looking for scraps. I have a well curated group of players that I contribute to regularly with this result:

1704710072784.png

Bob of Anchorage

Snipping is a typo or misspelling of sniping. The current definition of sniping is contributing unsolicited FPs to another persons GB, whether profitable, locked in or otherwise. It applies to any GB.
So I contribute FP to buildings unsolicited in order to get the FP and BP. Is this an OK practice? Several times players have replied that I undid what they were planning, and I shouldn't do it...

Pericles the Lion

So I contribute FP to buildings unsolicited in order to get the FP and BP. Is this an OK practice? Several times players have replied that I undid what they were planning, and I shouldn't do it...
Most guilds have rules prohibiting members from adding unsolicited FPs to another member's GB. Sniping the hood is fine. Sniping "friends" is a subject of debate. Imo, if the friend objects then make it right and don't repeat. If the friend does not object then carry on.

Dominator - X

In a nutshell, it is a personal decision. "sniper" or "snipe" is a bit if a misnomer and carries a negative connotation in FOE. Well, it is kind of negative in RL too, if you are the sniped. INNO allows anyone to contribute to a GB of a 1: Friend 2: Guild Mate 3: Neighbor. They have never stated it is cheating, sniping, stealing or whatever term du jour to describe contributing FPs to a GB. Nor have they ever stepped in (AFAIK) and prevented it.

Whether you want to engage in this method is solely up to you as long as you understand the benefits and consequences. Most guilds do not allow it between members of the same guild. Many friends do not appreciate it nor allow it. Many neighbors do not appreciate it nor allow it. Personally, I would ask guild leaders what their policy is, if it is not clearly stated somewhere. As far as friends go, some populate their friends list with self-levelers and "snipe" them regularly, since that friend allows it. Rule of thumb is to not contribute FPs to friends or guild mates GBs, unsolicited, with the exception of those who welcome it.

As far as neighbors go, it is up to you whether you engage in "sniping" or not. Just beware that some are very math challenged and ignorant to how the game works and demand that anyone who contributes to their GB, would ask them ahead of time or at least contribute an amount they preconceive as fair. Meaning? You may provoke them and you may get a barrage of nasty responses from them, threatening your life and limb and calling you names that you may have to look up in an online dictionary and or wonder how they expect you to do the things they mention. I mean, some are very graphic and explicit and may cause your mind to wander and wonder how, what they are suggesting is even possible. As long as you know what you are getting into and can withstand those type of attacks, you are free to make your own decisions.

So, if you so choose, snipe... ahem... contribute away.

Years ago when I was getting my Arc to 80, we had arranged a private swap thread to get the needed blueprints. Some decided to switch to 1.9 and pay out Fps at a loss to get on high level Arc P4 or P5 to get prints. The players who chose to do that had more than twice the rate of Arc level growth than of those of us who chose to remain using the swaps. We all soon switched to 1.9 because it was obviously better for us and faster leveling out Arcs.
That was experience, not theory.
This has been my experience as well. There are various types of Arc leveling groups which can get players up to about Level 30, but after that it is best for each player to split off and use the 1.9 thread on their own. They just need to make sure they are taking those P4/P5's for a continuous supply of blueprints.

Good guilds will have a separate thread for low spots on treasury buildings to encourage the up-and-coming players.

You may provoke them and you may get a barrage of nasty responses from them, threatening your life and limb and calling you names that you may have to look up in an online dictionary and or wonder how they expect you to do the things they mention. I mean, some are very graphic and explicit and may cause your mind to wander and wonder how, what they are suggesting is even possible. As long as you know what you are getting into and can withstand those type of attacks, you are free to make your own decisions.

So, if you so choose, snipe... ahem... contribute away.
I have had some very entertaining interactions with players who were outraged that I took advantage of their ineptitude. The most fun is when somebody threatens to do it back to me, not realizing that they opened the door to it, and I just don't do that. Even better is when I find another opportunity to snipe them.

jaymoney23456

I have had some very entertaining interactions with players who were outraged that I took advantage of their ineptitude. The most fun is when somebody threatens to do it back to me, not realizing that they opened the door to it, and I just don't do that. Even better is when I find another opportunity to snipe them.
The funniest is when players used to think they were getting back at you by leveling your GB so you couldn't double dip. I had a player add 100 fp or something and ended up with like 4th on my CDM and they lost it when I pointed out they paid enough to more than cover me not being able to double dip lol

Emberguard

The funniest is when players used to think they were getting back at you by leveling your GB so you couldn't double dip. I had a player add 100 fp or something and ended up with like 4th on my CDM and they lost it when I pointed out they paid enough to more than cover me not being able to double dip lol
I know right. 100 Forge Points to lose 40? I'll take the loss xD

Ebeondi Asi

Just a few weeks ago, a player put some FPS, but not enough to lock a position on my level 138 Arc... so I bumped him down one so he lost about 100 FPs. What does he do? add 12000 to the next level locking P1, but spending 6000 too many for 2.0. I cannot figure out what he was thinking. Oddly he didn't even have a level 80 Arc. So he really lost about another 1500 more.
Just a plain mystery. But gives an all new meaning to "snipe"

Disgruntled Veteran

Just a few weeks ago, a player put some FPS, but not enough to lock a position on my level 138 Arc... so I bumped him down one so he lost about 100 FPs. What does he do? add 12000 to the next level locking P1, but spending 6000 too many for 2.0. I cannot figure out what he was thinking. Oddly he didn't even have a level 80 Arc. So he really lost about another 1500 more.

Probably cared about the prints far more than the FPs. Seasoned players in my guild and cross guild 1.9 thread have been lvling their high lvl Arcs just to give spots to those in need of prints. Depending on the players interacted with there can easily be a lot more high lvl Arcs than players trying to lvl them.

TheGrandOmnicient

Guess they sniped themself in the foot!