• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

So, what are these new incidents that do not count as incidents?

Aethelcatt VIII

Lately I've been seeing this new type of incidents scattered around that are shaped like wooden chests. They act just like the good old mining camps or trees with kites, but they give better rewards than those. I had always thought that they were just a new variety of incidents until today when I tried to collect them for a Soccer Cup quest. All of the old-fashioned incidents got registered as expected, but none of the new kind did. That begs the question: Are these really incidents like the old ones? If not, what exactly are they?

I haven't seen any "official" announcement about them, but they showed up right about the same time as the aid-all button, the new tavern boosts, and the daily "collect 1 coin" quest.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Lately I've been seeing this new type of incidents scattered around that are shaped like wooden chests. They act just like the good old mining camps or trees with kites, but they give better rewards than those. I had always thought that they were just a new variety of incidents until today when I tried to collect them for a Soccer Cup quest. All of the old-fashioned incidents got registered as expected, but none of the new kind did. That begs the question: Are these really incidents like the old ones? If not, what exactly are they?

I haven't seen any "official" announcement about them, but they showed up right about the same time as the aid-all button, the new tavern boosts, and the daily "collect 1 coin" quest.
They are not incidents, but are part of the Tavern and Aid All Ads update. On mobile you have to watch an ad for each chest you open, on PC there are no ads implemented (yet?).

The "collect 1 coin" quest is "watch an ad" quest on mobile as well. And of course on mobile you have to watch an ad for each Aid All you want to do.

No announcement because it isn't released to everyone yet.

Aethelcatt VIII

They are not incidents, but are part of the Tavern and Aid All Ads update. On mobile you have to watch an ad for each chest you open, on PC there are no ads implemented (yet?).

The "collect 1 coin" quest is "watch an ad" quest on mobile as well. And of course on mobile you have to watch an ad for each Aid All you want to do.

No announcement because it isn't released to everyone yet.
I see...thanks! I guess one fine day when you click open one of these chest an ad will pop out before the supplies or the coins? Good thing I have an ad-blocking extension on my browser. That's the only way I can stand YouTube and ESPN these days.

KeithOfTheForge

I've gotten a bunch of these chests and haven't had to watch an ad (although I do run an ad blocker). However, 9 times out of 10 they give me 204,000 supplies. Is Inno really expecting me to watch an add for supplies?

DevaCat

Interesting that there seems to be a variation in what’s presented even to those players that have been selected for this testing. On my iPhone for instance, any ad item is clearly marked with a small blue and white movie “clapper” (thing they clap shut when the director calls “action!”).

The wooden chest incidents are marked this way - and no, don’t count for any collect incident quest.

I haven’t seen any daily 1-coin quest. There is a new Daily Challenge tab though, marked as an ad, labeled “Event Quest” which for me has been typically paying 20 goods or 2 fps or around 20k supplies iirc. Doesn’t seem to have anything to to with the event, but I’m speculating that it could possibly be a way in the future for Inno to deliver event currency in exchange for watching a short ad - that would be popular.

The friends tavern has the ad marker as well when one is available to watch. I definitely agree the default window when opening the tavern should be the tavern table, not the ad window.

Has anyone counted to see if the ad incidents are replacing the number of normal incidents usually appearing? If they are, maybe think about ad chests counting for incidents quest requirements? And if ad boxes are replacing regular incidents, during events which deliver event currency via incidents maybe the ad reward could include event currency?

Kranyar the Mysterious

I haven’t seen any daily 1-coin quest. There is a new Daily Challenge tab though, marked as an ad, labeled “Event Quest” which for me has been typically paying 20 goods or 2 fps or around 20k supplies iirc. Doesn’t seem to have anything to to with the event, but I’m speculating that it could possibly be a way in the future for Inno to deliver event currency in exchange for watching a short ad - that would be popular.
The 1-coin and the ad quest are one in the same, depending upon whether you have ads or no ads.

Has anyone counted to see if the ad incidents are replacing the number of normal incidents usually appearing? If they are, maybe think about ad chests counting for incidents quest requirements? And if ad boxes are replacing regular incidents, during events which deliver event currency via incidents maybe the ad reward could include event currency?
It appears that I am getting the same number of regular incidents as before (haven't actually counted though), the chests appear to be in addition. BTW, the chests all automatically appear at the midnight reset.

Emberguard

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Ads will arrive for PC, and in what form.

On an entirely unrelated Website / Company, there's a watch Ads in exchange for currency feature. On Mobile it works fine. On Desktop it always tells me my country doesn't have any Ads available, and that the quantity and frequency is determined by the Ad provider. No idea if that would still be the case if Inno were to add Ads into the Desktop version of Forge of Empires, but I wouldn't be surprised if Desktop were to run into issues with supply on Desktop Ads

cathea

Are we talking about the "trees with something below them"? if so I did not get any ads and did not see if they counted as incidents or not.

UBERhelp1

And this is the problem. Still no transparency. Could we at least get an announcement saying "hey, we're starting a new test. Here's what some players will see" or at least give us insight into what exactly is going on.

Johnny B. Goode

And this is the problem. Still no transparency. Could we at least get an announcement saying "hey, we're starting a new test. Here's what some players will see" or at least give us insight into what exactly is going on.
Their answer to that is that if they say that there's an A/B test, it skews the results. Pretty flimsy excuse, in my always humble opinion.

I play on my laptop. They look like sideways oil barrels. I thought they were a part of the soccer event.

(AFAIK I am not in any beta group/test group.)