• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer 2022 Event Feedback

The main issue for me is the main event building. It is no better than what I already have filling my city and have in storage. So I have zero need for one more building to sell in the AD. The few bits of stuff for Daily, and the difficulty of getting the one or two I might want...? So i have little interest in playing an Event that is not improving my city! (Same problem as last Event.)

Once you hit a certain stage in the game, the events will become pretty useless, unless you would like to switch out some of your buildings to have a bit of variation in your city. But for younger cities, the events are great. there really isn't much INNO can do without creating balancing issues.

Karen Isaacsdottir

I rarely see them. One more is needed to set up a group of ten. Why is the Fan Shop important to me? During event quests, one runs across the need to produce supplies from a present era production building. Fan Shops go up in 20 seconds as I recall but only playing one means a long wait to do the quest. I also can use a Storage box to hold and then replace the Fan Shop when a quest asks for one to build a production building for one's current age. As an additional bonus, one also gets more supplies than the Blacksmith offers.

So, can you or anyone else answer my original question?
I see them all the time in the Antique Dealer. Often enough that they appear to be cycling through regularly. I personally favor the confectioneries.

Karen Isaacsdottir

You can post your thoughts about the Soccer 2022 Event here.

Learn more about the event in this topic.

Thank you.
I want to register my displeasure at the extremely low potential for Athlon Abbey upgrade/selection kits - 4% is pretty lame. This was also done with the last event re: the Ferris wheel. This is a building offered during the event last year, was the 'main event', so to speak, and now is as uncommon as hen's teeth; same with the Ferris wheel. Not happy with this change.

Joeyjojojo

Ties are interesting. I didn't check when I accidentally hit start but I think you get the league points (full amount - guessing here) but you get a reduced chest
You get half the league points (it says that on the screen somewhere), and the chest is a bit worse than the third tier (weak) opponent. Basically if you can win, even one tier down, it's better but a tie on hard may beat a win on weak if you can't win the mid level.

CDmark

You get half the league points (it says that on the screen somewhere), and the chest is a bit worse than the third tier (weak) opponent. Basically if you can win, even one tier down, it's better but a tie on hard may beat a win on weak if you can't win the mid level.
yep, found it, thanks. Makes getting cards more important so you have wins vs ties.

CDmark

So, my current strategy (no diamond, some steps I already did)
1) get cards - I finished questing fast and did the tournament to get the 50 cards (think I got 2 hits on the 50 cards)
note: 2nd day I did about 6 or 7 tickets got a farm kit
2) I liked the sentinel upgrade day 2 in training so I did 3 goals to get 50 card prize

I want to keep my player in the win column (versus ties) for the medium chest. Now, I can try and hold tickets for the nightly reset.
1) save some incidents, they give tickets once in a while
2) Can have quest done for 1 ticket but collect when I want to use it...can even have a few quests to do, tickets are every other quest. you can find out the quests and make sure you can do them fast, most you can
3) use the alternate special too.

At some point I will have to do some tickets bcs I want my timer running all the time to try and get silver rank (holding silver isnt easy either). I would say you will need to spend diamonds to get gold rank for sure, not my goal. I want to bunch up as many tickets as I can while keeping the timer running so when I get a tournament special I like, I can give myself the best odds (no guarantees, get used to it). The medium chest is 12% so if I can do 6+ (3-8hr previous 24 and 3-8hr current 24, some quests, say +2 to 4, maybe get a lucky incident), it will give me a decent shot of getting a DS I want via tournament.

You can get specific cards in training based on position, this is new. I like this addition versus random cards. So, if you pass the ball to an attacker and get cards as the prize, you will get attacker cards. I am not doing it, way to detailed for me. I will advance the ball based on getting the best special of the day.

I didnt dissect the event building versus other attacking army defense building like Olympic treasury, Carceres, Druid, etc but the farmland selection kits, the paths, have some nice properties. Specifically Olive Tree path 4% attack 4 tiles, and Rocky path, 5% defense for 4 tiles (pretty good versus most all chain buildings, nothing beats a L2 sentinel).

knowing the results of the match helps with some planning for specials
winning position cards in training

@CDmark I did the 50 player card special first day as well, it is really the best strategy, I am staying in silver league as of now, and therefore at end event (if I can stay in at least bronze league) will get a selection kit. I have been saving my drinks and tickets for specials I like, got 2 farmlands kits on second day, as well as 2 athlon abbey kits on first. The card system isn't too bad if you play it right.

CDmark

Is the selection kit for the paths (wheat, olive, etc.) available in training daily special or just the tournament?
In beta it was in Training. Now, there is no guarantee but, based on years of doing events, the new building(s), in this case paths, are always given for daily special. The main event building is done as grand prizes. I would expect to see it 2 times as the daily special.

In beta it was in Training. Now, there is no guarantee but, based on years of doing events, the new building(s), in this case paths, are always given for daily special. The main event building is done as grand prizes. I would expect to see it 2 times as the daily special.
Thanks

spartacus2.0

So, my current strategy (no diamond, some steps I already did)
1) get cards - I finished questing fast and did the tournament to get the 50 cards (think I got 2 hits on the 50 cards)
note: 2nd day I did about 6 or 7 tickets got a farm kit
2) I liked the sentinel upgrade day 2 in training so I did 3 goals to get 50 card prize

I want to keep my player in the win column (versus ties) for the medium chest. Now, I can try and hold tickets for the nightly reset.
1) save some incidents, they give tickets once in a while
2) Can have quest done for 1 ticket but collect when I want to use it...can even have a few quests to do, tickets are every other quest. you can find out the quests and make sure you can do them fast, most you can
3) use the alternate special too.

At some point I will have to do some tickets bcs I want my timer running all the time to try and get silver rank (holding silver isnt easy either). I would say you will need to spend diamonds to get gold rank for sure, not my goal. I want to bunch up as many tickets as I can while keeping the timer running so when I get a tournament special I like, I can give myself the best odds (no guarantees, get used to it). The medium chest is 12% so if I can do 6+ (3-8hr previous 24 and 3-8hr current 24, some quests, say +2 to 4, maybe get a lucky incident), it will give me a decent shot of getting a DS I want via tournament.

You can get specific cards in training based on position, this is new. I like this addition versus random cards. So, if you pass the ball to an attacker and get cards as the prize, you will get attacker cards. I am not doing it, way to detailed for me. I will advance the ball based on getting the best special of the day.

I didnt dissect the event building versus other attacking army defense building like Olympic treasury, Carceres, Druid, etc but the farmland selection kits, the paths, have some nice properties. Specifically Olive Tree path 4% attack 4 tiles, and Rocky path, 5% defense for 4 tiles (pretty good versus most all chain buildings, nothing beats a L2 sentinel).

knowing the results of the match helps with some planning for specials
winning position cards in training
Save incidents? They disappear 24 hrs...

CDmark

Save incidents? They disappear 24 hrs...
ok example. 8 pm you log on you have incidents. You can be around when the special changes at midnight. So, instead of collecting at 8 pm, you wait until midnight. You check the special they offer, dont like? then try an alternate. If you like it, great, you can see if you get lucky with the incidents. I just like keeping the clock running. The reason I mention it, the other day I collected incidents and got 3 tickets. I didnt want the special or alternate but had to use them to keep the clock running. Keeping that clock running for tickets is my best chance to get silver ranking bcs I am not spending diamonds.

Emberguard

ok example. 8 pm you log on you have incidents. You can be around when the special changes at midnight. So, instead of collecting at 8 pm, you wait until midnight.
Sure, but what your example doesn't say is how long is left on those incidents you're not collecting. It only works if those incidents wouldn't have expired prior to your planned pickup time, and they do expire if not picked up in time (the amount of time remaining isn't visible to you). What I often find is leaving incidents for any particular purpose ends up losing far more than you gain simply because the ones you're saving expire and new ones get generated.

CDmark

Sure, but what your example doesn't say is how long is left on those incidents you're not collecting. It only works if those incidents wouldn't have expired prior to your planned pickup time, and they do expire if not picked up in time (the amount of time remaining isn't visible to you). What I often find is leaving incidents for any particular purpose ends up losing far more than you gain simply because the ones you're saving expire and new ones get generated.
True, I failed to mention I do log on in the AM to get the daily challenge and I clear the incidents from overnight. So, anything after the morning has 24 hr. If I get the tickets in the AM incidents, oh well.

Stay Rita

FYI if youre aiding you can only get points for buildings aided it wont count anymore for no buildings aiding this sucks... this whole questline is a uphill battle