• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SoK vs Terrace Farm Effeciency?

• Thread starter DeletedUser27023
  • Start date

DeletedUser27023

Anyone have information on how the two compare to one another in terms of efficiency and space?

Salsuero

Shrine of Knowledge:
2 x 2 plus 1 tile for a road connection.
Terrace Farm:
5 x 6 plus 1 tile for a road connection.

You can fit 6 Shrines of Knowledge in the space of 1 Terrace Farm, but you would need a road connection for each. You can share these connections in the middle, which would mean all 6 Shrines of Knowledge and road connections would actually be able to fit within that space as such:

[KK] [KK] [KK]
[KK] [KK] [KK]
===========
[KK] [KK] [KK]
[KK] [KK] [KK]

And so therefore, it would technically be worth 1 additional forge point to do so. However, it has been almost comically easy to get way too many Terrace Farms for me, though I realize it isn't that way for everyone. Still, I feel it is significantly easier to get 1 Terrace Farm vs. 1 Shrine of Knowledge, let alone 6 of them. So, from the perspective of space alone, the Shrines of Knowledge win, but from the perspective of ease of acquisition, that's a variable answer, but I feel the Terrace Farm wins... because you need just one lucky break. It's just not easy to get 6 Shrines of Knowledge. If you're considering Sacred Sky Watches, that might be a different conversation.

Freshmeboy

No doubt that SoK is the definitive standard by which all other fp producing buildings are measured...simply check the diamond price INNO is asking to verify this.....

ODragon

Also matters were you are in the game. I've played with a couple of high level players that have trouble getting all of their SoKs motivated in a 24 hour period. If they aren't motivated, a TF will be better.

DeletedUser4441

Personal Choice. I like a few TF. 2-4 anyway. I can use them for FP or as I have them an age or two back from my current age if I run low on AF/FE Goods I can crank some out. They are especially nice on non-main worlds where your activity is lower and you are less likely to get fully motivated on SoK as previously mentioned.

*Arturis*

Sok you can only produce fp/coin, hard to get, not plunder-able.
TF you can produce different thing, easier to get if you play GE weekly, plunder-able.

Salsuero

And if coins are useful to you, in recurring quests during collection, for example... Shrines of Knowledge give you the forge points + coins, so it's sort of a double-dip, while the Terrace Farm is a one-trick pony in that department. So that's another thing to consider.

Algona

Plunder a TF and you prolly get 10 Goods or 5 FP. Can't be motivated so it is always eligible for plundering.

Plunder an SoK, get Coins. But how often is SoK not motivated?

Higher density of FPs per space and additional Coins. SoK every time for this kid.

But as noted it;s a lot easier to get TF. For everyone else anyway: I;ve won 1 TF (all 64 in GE every week) vs 29 SoK. I'm OK with that. :D

Salsuero

But as noted it;s a lot easier to get TF. For everyone else anyway: I;ve won 1 TF (all 64 in GE every week) vs 29 SoK.

That's super bad luck, I'm sorry to hear. I may have had the opposite luck:

Screen shot 2017-12-02 at 9.05.25 PM.png

...and that's not counting the two in my town.

DeletedUser27184

That's super bad luck, I'm sorry to hear. I may have had the opposite luck:

View attachment 8868

...and that's not counting the two in my town.
You use only 2 TF when you can have an extra 60FP per day (with 12 TF's)?

Why? Is everything that you build in your city more important then 60FP every day? You probably have houses, supply buildings and such. Why not throw those, and get 60FP more every day? Over a year that's like 21000FP. That's a huge amount of FP that you lose.

Salsuero

You use only 2 TF when you can have an extra 60FP per day (with 12 TF's)?

Why? Is everything that you build in your city more important then 60FP every day? You probably have houses, supply buildings and such. Why not throw those, and get 60FP more every day? Over a year that's like 21000FP. That's a huge amount of FP that you lose.

Do you know how big those things are? I'm not hurting for forge points. Don't assume. I have no houses. Yes, I have supply production buildings for recurring quests. Don't pretend to know what's best for me.

DeletedUser25795

ROAD,ROAD, ROAD, ROAD,ROAD, ROAD, ROAD
SKSK,SKSK,ROAD,SKSK,SKSK,SKSK,SKSK
SKSK,SKSK,ROAD,SKSK,SKSK, SKSK.SKSK
SKSK,FARM,FARM FARM FARM FARM, FARM,SKSK
SKSK,FARM,FARM FARM FARM FARM, FARM,SKSK

Not good at drawing but basically I have 2 Farm wide and as many as I can long. These are surrounded by SoK's on 2 sides (as the other 2 sides are connecting to the other farms) and only need 2 1x1 roads to connect the Farm to the main road. (2 1x1's so that you can fit SoK's all around the edge of the farms).

http://prntscr.com/hilb8t

SoK's are good for gold but need lots of friends to motivate you if you have a lot of SoK's. Farms are good as they don't need motivating, but use up more population (make sure you collect on time). I use a mix as it fits to my play-style/city. Plus I have no more SoK's left in my inventory.

If you only have a few of each or limited space, then SOK's are good for small spaces in your city and a farm is good for the edge/corner of your city unless you have the room and can copy my set up.

However this will all change once I have multiple winter event sets as I can do a 5x6 set up with only 2 small roads connecting it to get a lot more that just 5FP's

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27184

Do you know how big those things are? I'm not hurting for forge points. Don't assume. I have no houses. Yes, I have supply production buildings for recurring quests. Don't pretend to know what's best for me.
I don't know whats best for you. We can agree on that. But I would like to know what you think is best for you.

Can you explain to me, what is more important to you then 60FP every day? Recurring quests can give you lots of stuff, but they don't bring 60FP every day. I cant think on anything better then 60FP every day (and if you have Arc it is doubled through rewards). Its a huge amount of FP that can advance Arc (for example) by many levels. What is more important to you then that?

Salsuero

I don't know whats best for you. We can agree on that. But I would like to know what you think is best for you.

Can you explain to me, what is more important to you then 60FP every day? Recurring quests can give you lots of stuff, but they don't bring 60FP every day. I cant think on anything better then 60FP every day (and if you have Arc it is doubled through rewards). Its a huge amount of FP that can advance Arc (for example) by many levels. What is more important to you then that?

Well, for one... since I'm in HMA, I'd have to remove pretty much everything in my town to make room for all of those Terrace Farms. Now I might have all that forge point production, but nothing to spend it on... and what fun is farming forge points alone? Also, I have over 8,500 in inventory. Do I really need to do that? I'm having fun playing with a town that has a lot of GBs and multiple special event buildings... and not struggling for forge point production. I just don't need them. Not everyone has the same needs and/or goals, am I right?

Recurring quests actually give me quite a lot. For one, I don't have goods buildings anymore... because I get more goods from recurring quests than I need. I also get lots of 5 FP packs from recurring quests. Just one of them daily (which is common) makes up for not having one of those Terrace Farm built. There are simply different needs and different priorities for each individual.

Even @LacLongQuan has only 12 of them built. I have 12 in inventory PLUS 2 built. I'm sure he could build more of them if he wanted to and had them in inventory, but to what end? For him, he's mostly bored and just having fun showing all that he can do -- which is sometimes quite mesmerizing. It's just not feasible for most folks to build everything in inventory. I don't need to turn my smallish town into a huge forge point factory... so I don't. I also have 19 Tribal Squares and 8 Fountains of Youth in inventory (with 4 Wishing Wells and 2 Fountains of Youth built). But... my town is too small to accommodate all of that so far. I'm using each tile to the best of my personal needs and wants. :)

Last edited: