• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Titan Feedback

Darkest.Knight

Doing about the same as Lady Redneck, 18 techs and started w/CENTAURUS. Goods demand for the tree aren't too bad, but it'll be a while before I can put up HYDRA. As far as troops r concerned I really like Overclock Orbiter w/mortar, still use Grenadier for the "can't be attacked by artillery units." I'll check out the rest of the units when a new GBG season starts up.

Last edited:

Rhae 911

Now that GBG has started it is painfully obvious that the Titan Troops don’t fare as well as previous eras in GBG. In Jupiter Era I was going over 100 attrition before finally having to stop. Now, it’s more like 60-70 and it becomes really bad. One can only wonder if it has been dialed back to ensure players build the new buildings.

Ebeondi Asi

Now that GBG has started it is painfully obvious that the Titan Troops don’t fare as well as previous eras in GBG. In Jupiter Era I was going over 100 attrition before finally having to stop. Now, it’s more like 60-70 and it becomes really bad. One can only wonder if it has been dialed back to ensure players build the new buildings.
Every Era has some loss of comprative attack value at high attition for some players. A lot depends on a players current attack, or defense, in relation to the new troop stats. so it is rather a jumble of results.
Then the fact that Abyssal Gliders do better at low attrition. then faulter at higher attrition. and then need to move to SAT troops that did poorly at low attrition. but work better at high... .. is odd, but seems to prove the endless ways troop stats, boost, and attrition work is mind boggling. o_O

Pericles the Lion

You should keep experimenting with unit selection. In SAJM I could autobattle to 110 then manual to about 125, in SAT I got to 90 then manual to 108. About what I expected. If you used to be able to get to 100 but only 70 now then you're doing something wrong.

honey55

I guess I'm doing something wrong too. The fact that one didn't need to consider what one was up against in Jupiter til at pretty high attrition was very nice. If one has to continually change troops in order to fight and speed is important, than that is a pretty big drawback. Im sure I will learn eventually, but it reminds me of another age, though I can't remember which one, where I had to keep changing units depending who I was up against. The fact is, it isn't fun. Maybe if I wasn't on mobile, it would be easier to change troops, but dragging and dropping is simply not fun. Hopefully, Ill have to do it less in time, but that may be a long time in the future. My boosts probably need to be 3000 or something like that and I don't have the buildings even if I had the space. Add to that, I can no longer complete GE5. I did watch the video that a member of Beta posted. It was extremely helpful, but I simply don't have the boosts to win battle 78. I added 360 blue boosts to get as far as I got, but I would have to add hundreds more to get to how many he had when he finally won, and my blue attack is about 100 less than his and no way to raise that that I know of. And goods are an issue.

Add to that, that one really could get the goods to raise the new GBs, without moving up, and yes, I do regret moving up. Probably don't even really need those gbs, if one had stayed in Jupiter. I could win all but 2 of GE5 and could go over 100 attrition. I had plenty of goods to negotiate the last 2 in GE5. If they want to add a challenge, don't make it harder for Titan in gbg. Add a new feature where no matter what age you are in, you have to use the correct units, where you can't use extremely high boosts to be able to use the wrong units and where speed is never an issue.

Hopefully, it will get better in time, but even in Jupiter, I felt that the game made it easier for lower ages to go to very high attrition. There doesn't really appear to be any advantage of moving up in ages, which doesn't make sense to me. In fact, it really seems like one has more disadvantages for moving up.

honey55

I asked in my guild and have found that others that moved up are having the same experience that I am. It like we all got wounded in the process of moving up. I expect to take less attrition moving up, but somehow no one expects to have to change troops continually even in lower attrition. If a guild of mostly Titan players were to compete against a guild of mostly future players of the same active size, there would be no contest. The Titans wouldn't be able to fight fast enough to win a race.

Coach Zuck

Sounds like a bunch of people just had their first time aging up at the day of release... For Jupiter I stuck in Venus for a week until I got confirmation it wouldn't be worse.. Mars to SAAB was absolutely horrible as well. When you go through ages and there's another one later you can always give this a pass thinking you'll just get to the next age and it'll be better, but when you're stuck in the last age and realize you've been completely nerfed, it feels horrible and you feel tricked. I've been aging up on the day of release for every age since VF and ever since GBG was released, this is how it goes.. Inno wants you to use all your new space on expensive attack event buildings. I can't believe 1500% isn't even enough to avoid serious damage at 0 attrition, thank God I'm not in a competitive season this season because I couldn't handle being asked to race a sector.. There's no joy in it at all. At least the goods are valuable, I would have aged up for the goods even knowing what I know now.. But most people couldn't care less about selling goods. Almost everyone will have to recreate and stay in Indy and get rocket troop so that they can auto battle 150+ attrition and avoid this nerf, but that's just more diamonds in inno's pockets....assuming the "completely new story line" being tested on the beta servers right now doesn't make this impossible..

Yes inno, daddy, I'll dance more for you, daddy do you like this when I build 5 event buildings in one event to catch up, does it please you when I do 96 5 minute productions after rotating off 49 15 minute productions from my daily quest? did I get more incidents in my city to justify the incident recurring quest going to 8 incidents? is this what fun is? Oh this is fun? awesome keep telling me how to have fun.

Darkest.Knight

It'll will take me a while getting used to the new units, I'm still mixing in Grenadier; not the first time I've used previous units.

Lothar123

I've noticed that my Space Carrier hasn't given me Crystallized Hydrocarbons yet. I upgraded to SAT on day 1 and have collected every day since then. I know it's random, but after 11 days I would have expected to get CH at least once now. Has anyone else's Space Carrier given them CH?

honey55

I've noticed that my Space Carrier hasn't given me Crystallized Hydrocarbons yet. I upgraded to SAT on day 1 and have collected every day since then. I know it's random, but after 11 days I would have expected to get CH at least once now. Has anyone else's Space Carrier given them CH?
I would never know as I never pay any attention to what it gives me. However, I wouldn't expect it to give the current too often because by the time you make it to Titan there are 7 possibilities. You probably have been a little unlucky, but it is likely to even out eventually since you've only collected 11 days which could mean only getting it one time so far anyway.

xivarmy

Yes. I powerlevelled SC from 58 to 91 in the first few days and got crystallized hydrocarbons a lucky number of times.

byteviper

Space Age Titan has been very disappointing as far as fighting goes. My attacking army boosts are both over 2000 and I have a level 150 Arctic Orangery. In Space Age Jupiter Moon at 0 attrition I was able to use 8 Abyssal Gliders and get several battles before taking any damage and 20+ fights until all were defeated. With higher attrition switched to 2 or 3 Harpoon Grenadiers and the rest Rogues and fight to 90+ attrition. After reaching Space Age Titan I take damage on multiple units on the first battle no matter what troops I use and start loosing troops after 4-5 battles and I have raised my attacking army boosts. A player gets excited about a new age and spends time aging up only to get penalized for it. Kinda takes the fun out of the game. Inno must not want people to keep playing this game. Something is seriously wrong here.

Expletive Deleted

So I don't understand a lot of the complaints in this thread.

It sounds like a lot of people were expecting to be able to do exactly the same thing they have been doing in SAJM. And are now upset there is some kind of challenge.

Considering it will likely more than a year for the next age to come. I welcome the challenge of figuring out new troop combinations and working on defensive boosts.

I would be greatly disappointed if it were as simple as some of you seem to want/expect it to be.

I've had a blast facing these challenges and I am fine with it being a little harder for people who want to run infinite battles into the ground. Really that is what inno should be trying to fix. The imbalance that lest the ridiculously powered to completely dominate every other player without restraint. The teaming up of guilds to control leaderboards.

If their solution looks like you have to trade units and you have to now think of a boost you've neglected for years. So be it.

honey55

So I don't understand a lot of the complaints in this thread.

It sounds like a lot of people were expecting to be able to do exactly the same thing they have been doing in SAJM. And are now upset there is some kind of challenge.

Considering it will likely more than a year for the next age to come. I welcome the challenge of figuring out new troop combinations and working on defensive boosts.

I would be greatly disappointed if it were as simple as some of you seem to want/expect it to be.

I've had a blast facing these challenges and I am fine with it being a little harder for people who want to run infinite battles into the ground. Really that is what inno should be trying to fix. The imbalance that lest the ridiculously powered to completely dominate every other player without restraint. The teaming up of guilds to control leaderboards.

If their solution looks like you have to trade units and you have to now think of a boost you've neglected for years. So be it.
The only age having to change units constantly is Titan. The lower age players are beating Titan age players. I expected it to be less attrition, just not having to change units continually at very low attrition. The player with the most fights still has the most fights. He's not in Titan. I'm lucky to be in the top dozen since I not available to fight all day. Of course now I lucky to be in the top 30 and it takes alot of time to do it and it isn't fun changing troops. The only challenge i can see is getting my boosts to 4000 and that could take years. If inno wants balance, they need to make it the same for the lower ages as well.

I am sure i don't understand wanting a challenge of using the correct units in gbg. Gbg is not geared fit swapping out units based on so you're up against. The only thing that matters us how fast you can fight and how high attrition you can go

Last edited:

Flynn013

I think they made these changes to slow down the farmers. Players are getting more resources than INNO intended and not spending as much on the game.
It's all about keeping the profit margin they want.