• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stargazer

Vexeens

Simple and straight question, is there a rework for Stargazer to be expected? We just recently got a real nice rework on the cultural building. When those went live, it was a real surprise and man was i glad i kept them all around. Though, it just today dawned on me and realize that the Shinto temple and Sun temple both reward previous era goods now, one 365 goods from previous era and the other 310 goods from the previous era. A level 80 Stargazer gives you only 147 goods from the previous era, which in comparison to the 675 combined from settlement buildings, is quite on the low side now, thus making me wonder and ask the question which i started with, is there to be a rework or rethinking of Stargazer to be expected?

KingJMobile

Simple and straight question, is there a rework for Stargazer to be expected? We just recently got a real nice rework on the cultural building. When those went live, it was a real surprise and man was i glad i kept them all around. Though, it just today dawned on me and realize that the Shinto temple and Sun temple both reward previous era goods now, one 365 goods from previous era and the other 310 goods from the previous era. A level 80 Stargazer gives you only 147 goods from the previous era, which in comparison to the 675 combined from settlement buildings, is quite on the low side now, thus making me wonder and ask the question which i started with, is there to be a rework or rethinking of Stargazer to be expected?
It isn't expected, but I hope it will – not just the Star Gazer, but all GBs. All GBs are getting power crept by new event buildings, so it makes sense if they had a rework because, at this rate, the value of FPs is severely diminishing.

But Inno being Inno, they'll probably introduce more OP GBs that will cost 10k FPs to get to level 10.

Dominator - X

I hope not. It would make more sense to introduce new Great Buildings in future eras that are just more powerful, which in turn would out date the current buildings. I mean, how many right-minded long time players have an Oracle these days? Even the TOR is being deleted by many. Many GB's that were an integral part of the game are outdated and many either delete them or newer players never even build them, such as the INNO. Tis' the natural cycle of life.

Trobb de Grobb

I'm really frustrated by the state of our GBs. The Traz used to be the #2 or #3 GB in the game...with so many ways to get troops and, no need for previous age troops, it's all but worthless.

When the SG came out it was well worth it's space because special buildings didn't produce previous age goods. Now many special and settlement special buildings give TONS of previous age goods. I mean the SG only give ONE benefit and the diminishing returns on it are horrendous !

Inno, be more transparent on your future plans! we understand plans may change but you leave us in limbo. Please, tell us your plans with GBs and/or give us a way to store GBs !!!

jaymoney23456

I hope not. It would make more sense to introduce new Great Buildings in future eras that are just more powerful, which in turn would out date the current buildings. I mean, how many right-minded long time players have an Oracle these days? Even the TOR is being deleted by many. Many GB's that were an integral part of the game are outdated and many either delete them or newer players never even build them, such as the INNO. Tis' the natural cycle of life.
why should fp become much less valuable. Just releasing more higher GB that will be hard for everyone to get goods for and making them cost a lot more fp there should be an update to existing GB that people poured lots of fp into already

Dominator - X

why should fp become much less valuable. Just releasing more higher GB that will be hard for everyone to get goods for and making them cost a lot more fp there should be an update to existing GB that people poured lots of fp into already
We can all dream, but reality is, you can't spend the amount of money to buy a Ford Focus and expect it to be upgraded to a Porsche 918 Spyder in a few years. You want a new car with new tech and features? You go and buy a new car and pay for the upgraded tech and features.

Dominator - X

I'm really frustrated by the state of our GBs. The Traz used to be the #2 or #3 GB in the game...with so many ways to get troops and, no need for previous age troops, it's all but worthless.

When the SG came out it was well worth it's space because special buildings didn't produce previous age goods. Now many special and settlement special buildings give TONS of previous age goods. I mean the SG only give ONE benefit and the diminishing returns on it are horrendous !

Inno, be more transparent on your future plans! we understand plans may change but you leave us in limbo. Please, tell us your plans with GBs and/or give us a way to store GBs !!!
Isn't that how things happen in RL? I mean if you bought a brand new house in 1824 and paid top dollar, that would have been a very nice house... for its time. However, if you bought a brand new house in 2024 and paid top dollar, that is going to be a very nice house... for its time. The 2 will have some things in common, but the buyer of a new 2024 home expects much more than in 1824.

Things change with the passing of time. What we value today, we may not value in the future. Or at least not at the same level. GB's are no different. What are/were important today or in the past, IE your examples of the Traz and SG, may not be important in the future, due to real changes in the game. Not to mention the fact that, what may not be important to you, may still be important to someone else, depending on their experience and style of play. So, the Traz may be outdated to you, but very valuable to someone else, as is. Maybe a newer player does not have a lot of EB's, so they still need the Traz to supply troops to be competitive. In time, they may also find the Traz unnecessary and delete it. As is true with anything, with the passing of time, we like newer more powerful things. Hopefully, INNO will continue to offer them as new eras go live.

jaymoney23456

Isn't that how things happen in RL? I mean if you bought a brand new house in 1824 and paid top dollar, that would have been a very nice house... for its time. However, if you bought a brand new house in 2024 and paid top dollar, that is going to be a very nice house... for its time. The 2 will have some things in common, but the buyer of a new 2024 home expects much more than in 1824.

Things change with the passing of time. What we value today, we may not value in the future. Or at least not at the same level. GB's are no different. What are/were important today or in the past, IE your examples of the Traz and SG, may not be important in the future, due to real changes in the game. Not to mention the fact that, what may not be important to you, may still be important to someone else, depending on their experience and style of play. So, the Traz may be outdated to you, but very valuable to someone else, as is. Maybe a newer player does not have a lot of EB's, so they still need the Traz to supply troops to be competitive. In time, they may also find the Traz unnecessary and delete it. As is true with anything, with the passing of time, we like newer more powerful things. Hopefully, INNO will continue to offer them as new eras go live.
So screw all the old time players who have high levels of the GB that exist now then?

jaymoney23456

ALso, it took significant effort for players to level GB to a high level too. Its not just a case of buying something for a small amt as was posted here either. SO too bad to players who put hundred k or well over in GB. Will just have to delete and lose all that work so they can sit there and have to fork over oodles of goods for some as yet named future GB?

Ebeondi Asi

So screw all the old time players who have high levels of the GB that exist now then?
yes. no problem. ;)
I have deleted many GBs **with no remorse. Get over it... delete it. You will be happier! (Unless you enjoy nursing endless grudges, then you can add deleting your Start Gazer to the long long list of unimportant stuff you can never let go of. )

**Great Buildings I have deleted:
Arc level 80 in 4th world I decided to quit. Also there CDM, Zeus, LoA etc..
In my current three equal Worlds (In which I generally try my best to have all three Cities identical as best I can do since it makes it easier to play them) I have deleted the following Great Buildings with no regret:
Oracle three times all at least at level 30
Kraken Level 80 three of them
Virgo Project three times at level 45
Flying Island three times at level 20 or so
Galata Tower three times at level 20 or so
Atomium two at level 80 one at level 35 I could never find the prints to get that last one up to 80!) Th Atom is the one GB I somewhat regret dumping. Now, with the new GbG, so I'm pondering rebuilding it?)
Truce Tower 3 at level 80
St basil cathedral six times. !!! all at level 80 (rebuilt for GE 5 then when no longer needed deleted again!)
LoA level 80 three of them (and at least one twice!)
Innovation Tower deleted 3 at level 80
Seed Vault several fitful starts and deleted at least four times at level 20+ Crazy yes I agree)

I still have 19 Great Buildings in each of my three Cities, most are over level 100
Arc are in mid 140's, AOs at 130.. SATs are all over level 60..

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

ALso, it took significant effort for players to level GB to a high level too. Its not just a case of buying something for a small amt as was posted here either. SO too bad to players who put hundred k or well over in GB. Will just have to delete and lose all that work so they can sit there and have to fork over oodles of goods for some as yet named future GB?
Building, levelling, then deleting GBs is part of the game. You didn't build the Oracle? How about LoA? ToB? In my main city I had all three of these GBs, along with Truce Tower, Temple of Relics, Stargazer, Kraken, Virgo Project, AI Core, and Galata Tower. All had a purpose at the time, all became obsolete and were removed. Some, like Kraken, VP, and ToR were L80+. GBs aside, how about obsolete Event buildings? Players spent a lot of time and resources acquiring buildings like Colossus, Winter Bakery, Pirate ship, etc. I sold all of mine and you probably did as well. Time marches on, buildings come and go. It's part of the game. If you feel separation anxiety over the prospect of deleting GBs then don't delete them. I don't think that INNO should buff up outdated GBs to make them more relevant. If an EB comes along that is superior to a GB I'll make a decision to keep/delete at that time (without worrying what INNO may do to buff it up later on down the road).

jaymoney23456

yes. no problem. ;)
I have deleted several GBs with no remorse. Get over it... delete it. You will be happier! (Unless you enjoy nursing endless grudges, then you can add deleting your Start Gazer to the long long list of unimportant stuff you can never let go of. )
I don't have star gazer-never built-only have attack GB not even the defense ones well except OBS now, the CF, HC, SC, AO, TOR, Arc, Kraken and CC. I wouldn't even be that upset if I got rid of kraken and CC someday. What I would find total garbage is for main attack GB besides titan ones to have no value anymore. I fight too much in GbG to safely remove Traz too.

jaymoney23456

Building, levelling, then deleting GBs is part of the game. You didn't build the Oracle? How about LoA? ToB? In my main city I had all three of these GBs, along with Truce Tower, Temple of Relics, Stargazer, Kraken, Virgo Project, AI Core, and Galata Tower. All had a purpose at the time, all became obsolete and were removed. Some, like Kraken, VP, and ToR were L80+. GBs aside, how about obsolete Event buildings? Players spent a lot of time and resources acquiring buildings like Colossus, Winter Bakery, Pirate ship, etc. I sold all of mine and you probably did as well. Time marches on, buildings come and go. It's part of the game. If you feel separation anxiety over the prospect of deleting GBs then don't delete them. I don't think that INNO should buff up outdated GBs to make them more relevant. If an EB comes along that is superior to a GB I'll make a decision to keep/delete at that time (without worrying what INNO may do to buff it up later on down the road).
Delete AI core?-your guild does not need the goods from AI ever and your guild can safely say they will never run short regardless of heavy spending in GbG?

jaymoney23456

I think those that don't want updated GB may well be disappointed too. No reason to think GB can't/won't get updates when cultural settlement buildings were just given massive one.

Dominator - X

Terribly myopic argument. Change happens, no one got "screwed". I have deleted several buildings that no longer were needed. They served their purpose AT THE TIME, but newer and better GB's and EB's became available that served a better purpose. I wasn't "screwed" I just no longer needed them and or am not interested in what they produce. I still have a few that many would label as dinosaurs. However, they are important to me and my game playing style. To others, not so much.

When your car breaks down or your family grows, do you just get a new car or new home to satisfy your new needs, without paying for them? Absolutely not. Is a person "screwed" since they paid for a car, years ago, that today, does not satisfy their needs? Absolutely not. It ran its course and filled a need (or want) at the time. When I leveled up earlier age GB's I paid for them using FP's at an agreed upon amount, and with the expectation that they would fill a certain need. They did. Some, for me, still do. Nobody "screwed" me. My interests and their ability to satisfy them, changed. The game has advanced. Needs, playing styles and expectations have changed. GB's, and EB's have also changed in that they have become more powerful (minus the clear nerfing), thus outdating older GB's and EB's. As they get to a point where I feel/felt justified, I have and will delete some in favor of paying for the newer, more powerful buildings. I didn't get "screwed" by playing earlier events and getting the highest available updated EB and placing it in my city. I got an EB that was powerful for its time and I was happy to place it. As time has gone by, I have secured even more powerful building to replace them, as they became available. And the cycle continues: In with the new and out with the old.

Change maybe the law of life. However, negotiating through the law is imperative to sustaining that life.

jaymoney23456

Terribly myopic argument. Change happens, no one got "screwed". I have deleted several buildings that no longer were needed. They served their purpose AT THE TIME, but newer and better GB's and EB's became available that served a better purpose. I wasn't "screwed" I just no longer needed them and or am not interested in what they produce. I still have a few that many would label as dinosaurs. However, they are important to me and my game playing style. To others, not so much.

When your car breaks down or your family grows, do you just get a new car or new home to satisfy your new needs, without paying for them? Absolutely not. Is a person "screwed" since they paid for a car, years ago, that today, does not satisfy their needs? Absolutely not. It ran its course and filled a need (or want) at the time. When I leveled up earlier age GB's I paid for them using FP's at an agreed upon amount, and with the expectation that they would fill a certain need. They did. Some, for me, still do. Nobody "screwed" me. My interests and their ability to satisfy them, changed. The game has advanced. Needs, playing styles and expectations have changed. GB's, and EB's have also changed in that they have become more powerful (minus the clear nerfing), thus outdating older GB's and EB's. As they get to a point where I feel/felt justified, I have and will delete some in favor of paying for the newer, more powerful buildings. I didn't get "screwed" by playing earlier events and getting the highest available updated EB and placing it in my city. I got an EB that was powerful for its time and I was happy to place it. As time has gone by, I have secured even more powerful building to replace them, as they became available. And the cycle continues: In with the new and out with the old.

Change maybe the law of life. However, negotiating through the law is imperative to sustaining that life.
You are against the cultural settlement buildings being improved also and as a matter of principle will refuse to keep them in your city then I take it? Same exact concept as it would be to improve GB.