• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stargazer

Johnny B. Goode

I think those that don't want updated GB may well be disappointed too. No reason to think GB can't/won't get updates when cultural settlement buildings were just given massive one.
But there's no financial incentive to update GBs. Upgrading Cultural Settlement buildings made financial sense. Players were ignoring CS because the buildings weren't efficient enough anymore. Upgrading the buildings to be relevant means more players doing Cultural Settlements again...which means more time playing the game...which means more time/opportunity to spend money. That doesn't apply to GBs.

jaymoney23456

But there's no financial incentive to update GBs. Upgrading Cultural Settlement buildings made financial sense. Players were ignoring CS because the buildings weren't efficient enough anymore. Upgrading the buildings to be relevant means more players doing Cultural Settlements again...which means more time playing the game...which means more time/opportunity to spend money. That doesn't apply to GBs.
could be but if most GB become obsolete and the only way to level good ones is with ever increasing amt of goods then that decreases incentive for fp so less incentive for GbG right there. Not feasible for even whales to buy required goods with diamonds now for titan GB for long either imo

Johnny B. Goode

could be but if most GB become obsolete and the only way to level good ones is with ever increasing amt of goods then that decreases incentive for fp so less incentive for GbG right there. Not feasible for even whales to buy required goods with diamonds now for titan GB for long either imo
Aren't goods one of the rewards in GBG? So there is an increased incentive for them from GBG. And if you get the needed goods, you still need the FP, so no decreased incentive there after all.

Oh, and most GBs are already obsolete. Especially for highly active players who maximize events.

Dominator - X

You are against the cultural settlement buildings being improved also and as a matter of principle will refuse to keep them in your city then I take it? Same exact concept as it would be to improve GB.
Moving the goal posts while the ball is in the air... again.

Your arguments are callow, at best. Principle has nothing to do with this. If INNO decides to upgrade GB's or any building for that matter, and it is available to everyone, why would anyone delete it, if it is already built and it benefited their city? The discussion above, however, is hypothetical, based on hopes and conjecture. I already had the CS buildings in my city. Though I disagree with INNO's dopey decision to return to everyone who sold their CS buildings (without effort from the city owner), I am not going to delete them just because they are fools. Same for GB's that I already have built and leveled. If INNO foolishly decides to upgrade them, I would not delete them. I obviously like them as is, so why would I delete them when upgraded? To benefit your failed attempt at a dopey argument? No thank you.

All I am saying is, (and you know this, but choose to argue like an infant) upgrading them would detract from normal progression. Offering new, more powerful GB's would make more sense. However, looking at the "upgraded" GBG, I struggle to believe INNO has a serious and capable enough brain trust to agree.
So... Enjoy.

jaymoney23456

Just amazing that some players have no qualms about deleting years of work with GB and are fine with removing nearly all GB due to enormous power creep of event buildings and think somehow that upgrading GB is the most horrifying thing that could possibly be done. Start a new city or go play a new game if your so eager to start over lol

Johnny B. Goode

Just amazing that some players have no qualms about deleting years of work with GB and are fine with removing nearly all GB due to enormous power creep of event buildings and think somehow that upgrading GB is the most horrifying thing that could possibly be done. Start a new city or go play a new game if your so eager to start over lol
Dramatic much? Upgrading GBs is not "horrifying" to anyone, it just doesn't make sense for Inno to do it from a financial standpoint. I mean, upgrading CS buildings made sense because it encourages players to spend more time on Settlements, which means more game time. And Inno banks of more game time meaning more chances to spend money. And if they get sucked into going for the secondary buildings, also, then they're even more likely to spend money there. There's no money to be had from building/rebuilding GBs. Not with the plethora of ways to get goods, BPs and FPs now.

And those "years of work" can now be duplicated in weeks if not days. Between massive amounts of FP available and BPs now being a dime a dozen, rebuilding and releveling a deleted GB would not be a hard thing to do, especially if you're in a guild with an active 1.9 thread. My main city is currently in OF, and I have 6 GBs from FE or below (or no age). I can delete 4* of them and replace their boosts and FP production with event buildings I currently don't have room for. The two I would keep are the OBS and Arc, for obvious reasons. And the event buildings will provide other extras that those GBs don't. So it would be far from "starting over" if I did it. Oh, and I would still have 7 GBs overall in that city, and deleting 4 out of 11 does not qualify as "removing nearly all" GBs.

*CdM level 110, Zeus level 91, CoA level 84, CC level 69.

Emberguard

And those "years of work" can now be duplicated in weeks if not days.

That does assume a Great Building overhaul would follow the current leveling pattern.

At the moment most buildings reach the bulk of their benefit by lvl 60 and get diminishing returns from there. And you're right. A city several years old shouldn't have an issue replacing a Great Building back to lvl 60, might not even have a problem getting them to lvl 100.

But if they were overhauled there's no telling whether that leveling curve would remain as it is or if the boosts would be shifted to a higher level that might not be so easy to obtain.

The main reason I'm not too worried about Great Buildings getting an update is because I doubt I would be compelled to build all of them even if they all got updated to be really awesome.

Johnny B. Goode

That does assume a Great Building overhaul would follow the current leveling pattern.

At the moment most buildings reach the bulk of their benefit by lvl 60 and get diminishing returns from there. And you're right. A city several years old shouldn't have an issue replacing a Great Building back to lvl 60, might not even have a problem getting them to lvl 100.

But if they were overhauled there's no telling whether that leveling curve would remain as it is or if the boosts would be shifted to a higher level that might not be so easy to obtain.
Well, the bottom line is that we can only develop/change our cities based on what we know for sure and not speculation. The pertinent question isn't whether or how they might overhaul GBs, the pertinent question is whether based on what we know now is it better to fill the same space with event/special buildings or keep the GBs. I will probably delete those 4 GBs, and maybe even the Star Gazer, based on what I have in Inventory and what I know for sure right now. I'll still have an Arc over level 100 and an OBS that I will work on instead of those 4, along with 4 other higher era GBs.

Johnny B. Goode

Update: I deleted my level 110 CdM, level 91 Zeus, level 84 CoA, and level 69 CC, along with my level 14 Star Gazer. Also placed into storage a Charcoal Express and 2 Olympic Treasuries. And sold 37 Sentinel Outposts, most level 2.

Replaced with various Inventory event/CS buildings, including a new Phantom Tower of Conjunction, new Festive Canal and new Sacred Archdruid Hut, all built from scratch. Also re-placed an Aegean Garden Resort, a Buccaneer's Bay, a level 9 Shinto Temple and a level 5 Sun Temple. And topped it off with upgrading a couple of Winter Wonderland Pyramids.

Boost changes:
Attacking army went from 1961/1464 to 1836/1289, a loss of 125/175.
Defending army went from 788/625 to 928/827, a gain of 140/202.
Overall FP production will undoubtedly go up, as will goods and other resources.

Bottom line here is that my loss of attacking boosts is at the very least offset by my increase of defending boosts, and the various other benefits from the replacement buildings will more than make up for the other benefits from the GBs I deleted. And going forward I can easily update each building as I enter each new age/era. There's really no need for the Star Gazer, which only gives previous era goods, as I have plenty of Stages of Ages, both in my city and in Inventory, which give previous era goods and other benefits/boosts.

jaymoney23456

Update: I deleted my level 110 CdM, level 91 Zeus, level 84 CoA, and level 69 CC, along with my level 14 Star Gazer. Also placed into storage a Charcoal Express and 2 Olympic Treasuries. And sold 37 Sentinel Outposts, most level 2.

Replaced with various Inventory event/CS buildings, including a new Phantom Tower of Conjunction, new Festive Canal and new Sacred Archdruid Hut, all built from scratch. Also re-placed an Aegean Garden Resort, a Buccaneer's Bay, a level 9 Shinto Temple and a level 5 Sun Temple. And topped it off with upgrading a couple of Winter Wonderland Pyramids.

Boost changes:
Attacking army went from 1961/1464 to 1836/1289, a loss of 125/175.
Defending army went from 788/625 to 928/827, a gain of 140/202.
Overall FP production will undoubtedly go up, as will goods and other resources.

Bottom line here is that my loss of attacking boosts is at the very least offset by my increase of defending boosts, and the various other benefits from the replacement buildings will more than make up for the other benefits from the GBs I deleted. And going forward I can easily update each building as I enter each new age/era. There's really no need for the Star Gazer, which only gives previous era goods, as I have plenty of Stages of Ages, both in my city and in Inventory, which give previous era goods and other benefits/boosts.
Right now you get a very poor positive result from having extra defense. Only really good for GE 5 right now unless you somehow consider PvP tower important or are worried about being plundered and none of these should cause you to replace attack with city D.

jaymoney23456

I bet everyone who is against boosting GB effectiveness so they are good to keep longterm still would be all kinds of upset if the arc somehow became not any good anymore lol

Johnny B. Goode

Right now you get a very poor positive result from having extra defense. Only really good for GE 5 right now unless you somehow consider PvP tower important or are worried about being plundered and none of these should cause you to replace attack with city D.
I am not now, nor have I ever been, worried about plundering. However, the game is trending towards a more balanced emphasis on attack and defense boosts instead of all attack, so increasing defending boosts without significantly lowering attacking boosts while increasing resource production is not a "very poor positive result", as you claim. Besides all that, I didn't specifically do it to increase my defending stats, that was just a side benefit.
I bet everyone who is against boosting GB effectiveness so they are good to keep longterm still would be all kinds of upset if the arc somehow became not any good anymore lol
I don't remember anyone stating that they were "against" upgrading/updating GBs. My opinion is that they have no financial incentive to do so. Would I complain if they did it anyway at some point? Not on your life.

JJ597

I don't think anybody's mentioned this yet... As long as people are collecting, GBs will not be obsolete. We need a place to dump FP.
Since we have no clue as to INNO's future plans for this game, I'm taking the wait and see approach, which means not selling anything in the AD and also not deleting any GB's. Since INNO has created a NEO Colossus, etc, will they now have NEO GB's? Also, I'm waiting to find out what the Quantum medals will be used for, it says "soon be tradeable for Quantum expansions in your main city" Main city in QI or your real main city? There's a BIG difference.

Ebeondi Asi

Yes I agree on keeping all your useless Great Buildings. They are something you worked hard for. Never let them go!
Like those soup cans, food containers, grocery bags and aluminum foil you have saved for the past 30 years!
Stall your Cities growth, make it stagnate just in case there is the slightest possibility Inno might "Neo" them (but remember the Neo building are not compatible with the old ones. But disregard that! save those GBs for posterity. When your boost from a 1x1 is five times what your level 100 CoA is, still keep that CoA it might just become a gold Mine someday.. maybe.! ;)

Wwwoodchuck

Like those soup cans, food containers, grocery bags and aluminum foil you have saved for the past 30 years!
You save them too??? Who knew!

We took that stack of old triple track, aluminum storm windows folks were throwing out and built a great greenhouse for a friend. We also used those aluminum foil containers to wrap the wood frame before we screwed the windows on it and made flashing out of some, so it is all aluminum clad outside. The old plastic food and yogurt containers we drilled a hole in the bottom of each one and use them for recyclable vegetable plant starters. They last a whole lot longer than the store bought, purpose built plant starting flats. We spliced sections of old, tossed out garden hose with pieces of old pipe folks threw out and use those hoses as an automatic watering system inside the greenhouse.

The grocery bags got torn into strips and added to the compost pile, they are decomposing great and will enrich and add tilth to the soil. The old soup cans and some foil containers are strung on a rope at the top of fence posts around the main, outside garden. They bang and clang in a slight breeze just enough to keep the deer and other critters away.

What else would you do with all those containers and items you bought something in? Throw them out?? HaHaHa. They are too valuable to just waste like that!

Dominator - X

Since we have no clue as to INNO's future plans for this game, I'm taking the wait and see approach, which means not selling anything in the AD and also not deleting any GB's. Since INNO has created a NEO Colossus, etc, will they now have NEO GB's? Also, I'm waiting to find out what the Quantum medals will be used for, it says "soon be tradeable for Quantum expansions in your main city" Main city in QI or your real main city? There's a BIG difference.
The QI Medals show up in your main city, not in the QI settlement because they will be used for your main city. The QI "city" is just a settlement and expansions are bought for it with Quantum Goods and Quantum Shards. They will be a 4th means to buy city expansions after Diamond, Reward and Victory Expansions.

JJ597

Yes I agree on keeping all your useless Great Buildings. They are something you worked hard for. Never let them go!
Stall your Cities growth, make it stagnate just in case there is the slightest possibility Inno might "Neo" them (but remember the Neo building are not compatible with the old ones. But disregard that! save those GBs for posterity. When your boost from a 1x1 is five times what your level 100 CoA is, still keep that CoA it might just become a gold Mine someday.. maybe.! ;)
I won't be the one crying to INNO, and asking for my high level GB(s) back!

Ebeondi Asi

I won't be the one crying to INNO, and asking for my high level GB(s) back!
Neither will I. I can rebuild any of them with zero problem and no remorse.
Though I am sure plenty will be if it happens. inno has created big headaches for themselves by giving back the Settlement buildings. Now far far too many will expect that for many other things.
Keep hoping..