• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

stick

Arya66

A Great Building in the "sticks" is up, but at level 0. "Bricks" is when it is built.

Ebeondi Asi

Many Guilds have a program to help Guild member get a new Great Building leveled up a bit. Guild members place a thread calling it stick to bricks and all Guild members are usually expected to donate at least one Forge Point to it.
Some Guilds player donate hundreds of Forge Points, other Guilds player donate ten or just one Forge Point, it is more of what the Guild tradition is. And how advanced most Guild members cities are.
Some hate the idea. Some Guilds have specific rules about such threads.

The Lady Redneck

Most buildings in Real life start with a foundation and a wooden frame. around which the brick walls are added. In the game it is the same. Once you get the BPs and initial goods for a GB you place the foundation and the frame (The Sticks). And put it on the Sticks to Bricks thread to allow your guild to help you finish off the brick walls. It is part of guild tradition that everyone donates at least 1 FP to every new GB, as each GB helps the player to get stronger and therefor helps the guild get stronger.

PJS299

Guild members are usually expected to donate at least one Forge Point to it.
That's so (for lack of better word) outdated :)

Not too many guilds require this anymore, as 1 FP (Even 80 FP) doesn't really help too much. It can get it up, but in reality there will be a person that puts 1, a person that puts 10, and a person that puts 139. That 80 FP will be scattered throughout the levels. Doesn't help much.
Some hate the idea.
I think I'm one of those :)

Ebeondi Asi

It may be outdated, but many Guilds still do it. Think of it as a bit of nostalgia. One of my Guilds a lot of long time players give hundreds.

The Lady Redneck

In my main world I do not think anyone just donates 1 FP and GBs in the Sticks can get to level 10 and higher in the StB thread. Even higher if it is an important GB and a lot of folks are planting it. Even in my much smaller Beta city and my diamond farm where no one HAS to donate, they will get around 3 - 5 levels. That does help the lower age members with a limited FP income quite a bit.

captain987

In my main world I do not think anyone just donates 1 FP and GBs in the Sticks can get to level 10 and higher in the StB thread. Even higher if it is an important GB and a lot of folks are planting it. Even in my much smaller Beta city and my diamond farm where no one HAS to donate, they will get around 3 - 5 levels. That does help the lower age members with a limited FP income quite a bit.
Totally definitely agree; I planted my Atom a couple weeks ago, and I got it to level 12 in the StB iirc.

Johnny B. Goode

If I had other members in my guilds, I would do the same thing I used to do when the last few times I led guilds...get any new GB to level 1 for them. With the plethora of FP available to any even moderately advanced player now, there is no reason for any guild leader not to do the same.