• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stupid Insane Award goes to...

Faron

Who in their right mind decided to make a non-refusal quest that last for 11 to 12 days and your award is... wait for it... two hydroelectrical eels. Seriously, FOE game makers?!? You thought this to be clever? Someone actually said, I know, we can make an 11 or 12 day quest and give them crap for it.

DeletedUser

It's the produce 10 Crayfish quest in OF. Everyone dislikes it. It's a 5X6 production building and a crayfish takes 24 hours to produce. A complete waste of time for very little reward.

Emberguard

Ah, so it's not actually a 11-12 day quest unless you're intending to only use one building for it. If you have some store buildings you could always make some space by storing a few things.

DeletedUser

Ah, so it's not actually a 11-12 day quest unless you're intending to only use one building for it. If you have some store buildings you could always make some space by storing a few things.

Now you done took away the OPs fire . I did one better and saw this thing coming up and started storing "Finish Production Instantly " rewards. I will be in OF in 6 months and plan on getting this one done in about 5 minutes. Planning counts for something sometimes lol.pic1.JPGpic2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

If you have some finish supply production, or mass rush items it really is not that big a deal. Ridiculous to complain about this. Really can't understand how players can make it to OF and still not understand how it works.

Faron

Not only am I amazed at the stupid quest but pretty much surprised by some of the responses. I am not a novice player. Of course I knew I could do 5x6 shellfish farms, and seriously, I know about the finish supply get out of jail card. Unfortunately, I have only gotten 5 in the entire time I have played this game. My beef is with the quest itself. You're all ready slogging through the OF, you're bogged down in the pro and orich elements sucking you dry and in the middle of a winter event and someone thought it clever to give you 2 eels for the reward. I could understand if it was 50 or even a 100 diamonds, 250 goods, but 2 eels? Hold me back so I can maintain my excitement.

Emberguard

I know about the finish supply get out of jail card
I sold all of mine to the Antiques dealer. Although you’ve only gotten 5 finish all productions there’d also be the other time reducers wouldn’t there? 8 hrs etc?
I am not a novice player.
Glad to hear it
You're all ready slogging through the OF, you're bogged down in the pro and orich elements sucking you dry and in the middle of a winter event and someone thought it clever to give you 2 eels for the reward. I could understand if it was 50 or even a 100 diamonds, 250 goods, but 2 eels? Hold me back so I can maintain my excitement.
To be fair Story quests in general are independent of events and can be completed at any time. Though some players do get through the Story quests too fast and then complain they have nothing to do with 2/3’s of the techtree left.

I don’t know why they made it a Story quest and not a Side quest. But thankyou for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I’d assume from what you’re saying a solution (that you’d find adequate) could be anything from increasing the reward, decreasing the amount of 24 hr productions needed to complete it, changing it from Crayfish to X 24 hr productions in any Oceanic aged production building to just making it a Side quest.

Would that be a correct assumption?

Mustapha00

I have a storyline quest that could take me >months< to complete.

I'm currently about 60% through Modern Age, and the storyline quest requires me to unlock the last two Technologies in Postmodern.

GaKOAK

I've a story quest sitting for 2 months now to build residential buildings in the next age, and it's going to be sitting there for many more months to come.

Johnny B. Goode

Story quests have no time urgency implicit in themselves, only the urgency you attach to them. I don't know any serious experienced player who breaks a sweat over a Story quest getting done quickly. So build one of the necessary production buildings, set it, collect it, and reset it for 24 hour productions until the quest is fulfilled. And in the meantime, surely there is some other more time sensitive area of the game you could occupy yourself with. Like GE...or GvG...or GBG...or Settlements...or...

Tucker DaVeener

If you have some finish supply production, or mass rush items it really is not that big a deal. Ridiculous to complain about this. Really can't understand how players can make it to OF and still not understand how it works.
The first sentence here seems sufficient to answer the question as asked. The remainder of this post seems as though it does not foster a sense of community building, which, I assume, is why this forum was created by INNO in the first place. Or maybe Im just wrong and this is exactly how people feel it is appropriate to talk to one another in this forum. I suppose I will find my answer by either having my post deleted or being chastised for calling someone out on the type of behavior that ought not be tolerated. The reply from Mr. Longshanks seems far more appropriate despite his obvious disagreement with the OP.

Tony 85 the Generous

Story quests have no time urgency implicit in themselves, only the urgency you attach to them. I don't know any serious experienced player who breaks a sweat over a Story quest getting done quickly. So build one of the necessary production buildings, set it, collect it, and reset it for 24 hour productions until the quest is fulfilled. And in the meantime, surely there is some other more time sensitive area of the game you could occupy yourself with. Like GE...or GvG...or GBG...or Settlements...or...
To the best of my knowledge, the most urgent quest is the Daily quest and seconded by event and setllement quests. Not other quests have a deadline. Does it stink that you would have to build multiple large production buildings to complete it in a day, yes. Does it stink the reward is paultry for having to build multiple large buildings or spend a week plus working on it, yes. But it does not need to be completed in a day. You can build one or build more, and get it done at a pace.

RazorbackPirate

The first sentence here seems sufficient to answer the question as asked. The remainder of this post seems as though it does not foster a sense of community building, which, I assume, is why this forum was created by INNO in the first place. Or maybe Im just wrong and this is exactly how people feel it is appropriate to talk to one another in this forum. I suppose I will find my answer by either having my post deleted or being chastised for calling someone out on the type of behavior that ought not be tolerated. The reply from Mr. Longshanks seems far more appropriate despite his obvious disagreement with the OP.
Welcome to the forum. There tends to be a bit of snark here. No need for scolding, just grow a thicker skin.

UBERhelp1

Everything past AF is designed to slow the player down - the big cMaps, the high research costs, etc. Since it takes a decent time to develop a new age in the game, the devs have to make those ages slower to progress through so the players don't rush through it in a couple of days. Hence, long story quests like this one.

DeletedUser

Never lose sight of it being a marathon and not a sprint and you won't go wrong. I am in FE but my map is cleared halfway through SAM. I saw the 24 hour X 10 monstrosity 7 months ago and have been preparing for it through 4 events (saving the production finish rewards). Yes the snark is alive and well in here and it's advisable to grow a thick skin rather than even bothering to acknowledge it. Some of us actually enjoy helping other players even if we don't have a Mod tag on our names