• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser29395

If all one is gonna do is live in the Middle Ages their entire life...
Moaning and complaining about their Snuffleupagus of Constant Game-killing Ordeals.

View attachment 5394

Moaning and complaining is a sport, yes? Side quest? :p

Meanwhile I've got a lovely cheese plate to nosh on since so much whine is flowing.

Ardak: HOW DID I NOT KNOW HIS NAME WAS ALOYSIUS ?!????! :eek:

ODragon

I've literally gotten 5 pieces split up among the two different sets. Of that, two of them were for completing the first set of 20 quests. I've spent the majority of my tickets trying to get the one SoK I saw (I did after 8 spins, which included 3 drummers, sigh)...

That said, I couldn't be happier since I had no planet to place either of the sets and I was able to plunder my first one today! I can say, on V, the 70+ people I have, I've only seen one complete set of either (the one I plundered).

qaccy

I think what Darth Mole is getting at is what purpose does it serve. I think everyone generally gets the idea that if you spend a lot of diamonds/tickets you'll get a lot of stuff. You do the same on the GE feedback thread posting a ton of pics of rewards which doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than to show shiny stuff. Data gathering/feedback is one thing, this seems to be something else.
View attachment 5393

And your Watchfire thread, same thing, 20+ posts showing Watchfires/Amount, I think people get the simple concept of the more one has the more one gets, pretty sure 20+ photos displaying that info is overkill;
The Watchfire Controversy

I think it's relevant to show what you're getting from your tickets. Whether it's 10, 100, or 300 tickets spent, the numbers don't matter, the RATIO of the numbers is what matters in terms of whether the event is 'good' or not. The question to ask is NOT "What's the point of you posting that stuff if you're clearly spending diamonds?" The question to ask IS "How many boost potions, drummers, and other 'junk' prizes have you gotten to go along with it?"

EDIT:
Gotta be coincidence that 'fanbois' historically do well Event after Event and INNO haters spend most Events complaining about how poorly they do. Right? It's a coincidence?

It's definitely just coincidence, though this could be a case of my internet sarcasm detector failing. :p People who frequently come to the forums just to complain are conspicuous by their absences (my guess is they're okay/happy with something whenever they DON'T speak up) and then the ones who use the forums in a more 'well-rounded' manner are likely to provide less emotionally-charged feedback which ends up being more objective or at least, in a lot of cases, positive. For my part, I feel like I haven't done very well with this event but of course that doesn't mean I actually haven't. I've spent somewhere around 160 tickets on one world to get:
  • 19 Palace set buildings, which are really the only things I wanted. (arranging most of them in the configuration Manda posted several pages back and another complete set off by itself).
  • 17 Elephant Fountain buildings (enough of each for 2 full sets)
  • 29 various boost potions
  • Several of the various 'kits' available on the wheel (already had some of each going into the event so not sure exactly how many)
  • 1 Oasis, 2 Fishing Huts, and one SoK
  • Around 24 other event buildings I consider 'junk', including 3 Shrines of Inspiration
  • Somewhere around 15-20 normal buildings from my age
  • Wasn't tracking at all how many Drummers, Champions, BP, FP, medals, coin, and supply (I did start seeing them pop up on the wheel!) prizes I've hit but all combined I'd put that category around 50-60.
Summing all that up, I got about 40-50 'good' prizes and the rest of the tickets were junk. Since my data is not very concise (it's almost all estimates), I'd say I got a good prize 1 out of every 3 or 4 tickets spent, or about a 25-35% chance of getting something good. However, unique to this event is that your odds are affected pretty heavily by the current state of the wheel. How many good prizes (in your opinion) are on it? How many sections are cleared? Depending on when you spin, you could have anywhere from a 100% all the way down to 0% chance of getting something you want. I'd hope you're not spinning a wheel that has nothing you want though lol

Last edited:

Mandelynn

I think about 20 minutes after I posted someone spun the wheel but that was over 7 hrs.
Not much of an event if no one spins.
Wish I could but like everyone else, I only have a few tickets left, need to save what I get and still need that Fountain.

DeletedUser27889

I think about 20 minutes after I posted someone spun the wheel but that was over 7 hrs.
Not much of an event if no one spins.
Wish I could but like everyone else, I only have a few tickets left, need to save what I get and still need that Fountain.
In beta the game didn't have the daily town hall ticket until the very last days. Our assumption there was they realized if no one has any tickets... no one can play.

The quests ended days before the event so once you were done... that was it, the wheel didn't move unless someone spent diamonds to move it.

Thor of Westeros

I've won 3 SoK's so far. No diamonds. Not chasing anything else. I think I possibly could win one more before the event is up. Not a total bust for me. Everyone has their preferences.

Mandelynn

Well that was interesting. It finally came up and I left the wheel up while watching tv. Saw someone change the wheel an there it was. Spent two tickets and during the second spin they flipped the wheel.
Doh! and a bunch if cussing. Grrrr
Someone else came buy about and hr after that and there it was again. Got it finally with the second ticket.

I'm done lol
If an SOK comes up, I'll spin but sitting there starting at the wheel for one isn't in my game play at this point.
That was awful and I wont do it with the next event unless there is a land expansion prize at the end of it or my mortgage gets paid off. lol

Mandelynn

I think you are right about the folks spinning at this point by the way. Watching the scrolling names of those who spun the wheel, it seems it's down to only those that paid for more tickets. Once in between someone spinning countless tickets, a person might spin once or twice but at this point the only ones grabbing up the good stuff are the endless spinners but in that, they win a lot of junk too and I don't see how its worth spending real money on.

Will there be a way to find out if this event was successful financially?

I hope it wasn't. I'd like to see the events more exciting and better chances to win a good prize like last years events but if they made a ton or revenue on this, we'll see more of this type.

DeletedUser26965

I think it's relevant to show what you're getting from your tickets. Whether it's 10, 100, or 300 tickets spent, the numbers don't matter, the RATIO of the numbers is what matters in terms of whether the event is 'good' or not. The question to ask is NOT "What's the point of you posting that stuff if you're clearly spending diamonds?" The question to ask IS "How many boost potions, drummers, and other 'junk' prizes have you gotten to go along with it?"

EDIT:

It's definitely just coincidence, though this could be a case of my internet sarcasm detector failing. :p People who frequently come to the forums just to complain are conspicuous by their absences (my guess is they're okay/happy with something whenever they DON'T speak up) and then the ones who use the forums in a more 'well-rounded' manner are likely to provide less emotionally-charged feedback which ends up being more objective or at least, in a lot of cases, positive. For my part, I feel like I haven't done very well with this event but of course that doesn't mean I actually haven't. I've spent somewhere around 160 tickets on one world to get:
  • 19 Palace set buildings, which are really the only things I wanted. (arranging most of them in the configuration Manda posted several pages back and another complete set off by itself).
  • 17 Elephant Fountain buildings (enough of each for 2 full sets)
  • 29 various boost potions
  • Several of the various 'kits' available on the wheel (already had some of each going into the event so not sure exactly how many)
  • 1 Oasis, 2 Fishing Huts, and one SoK
  • Around 24 other event buildings I consider 'junk', including 3 Shrines of Inspiration
  • Somewhere around 15-20 normal buildings from my age
  • Wasn't tracking at all how many Drummers, Champions, BP, FP, medals, coin, and supply (I did start seeing them pop up on the wheel!) prizes I've hit but all combined I'd put that category around 50-60.
Summing all that up, I got about 40-50 'good' prizes and the rest of the tickets were junk. Since my data is not very concise (it's almost all estimates), I'd say I got a good prize 1 out of every 3 or 4 tickets spent, or about a 25-35% chance of getting something good. However, unique to this event is that your odds are affected pretty heavily by the current state of the wheel. How many good prizes (in your opinion) are on it? How many sections are cleared? Depending on when you spin, you could have anywhere from a 100% all the way down to 0% chance of getting something you want. I'd hope you're not spinning a wheel that has nothing you want though lol
If showing what you get is so important then why didn't you post a pic of every reward you got in your post or better yet just make a new post every time you win something showing us the reward. What you did makes sense by simply stating your stats, gives us an idea of how the event is going relative to how many tickets you spent in one concise post, no photo's needed. Now imagine 100 players all posting every single reward as a screenshot instead in a thousand different comments and consider again, what's the purpose.

DeletedUser29698

Hello URGENT QUESTION: Maharani Prani wants me to "finish each of the production units once" - I did so with supply production. Nothing. Then I did the same with my goods production sites. Neither worked. So what exactly are those "production units"??? How do I accomplish that task? Time is running out ...

Ylisaveta

"Do each production option once" refers to production times. Each production building allows you to choose 6 different times when you set it: 5 min, 15 min, 1 hr, 4 hrs, 8 hrs, 24hrs. You need to complete all of them once.

DeletedUser27023

There are three ways that are generally considered best: 8x4, 4x8, or 6x6 (with a 2x2 area left over, perfect to put in an extra palace tower)

I have a 4x8 area. Can you be mor specific about the layout? How many roads do It need and on which sides? I noticed some pieces don't require a road.

DeletedUser26660

As the event winds down you would think the prizes on the wheel would get better to encourage a late spend, but as I look now I see on the same wheel a Sphinx, a Sundial, a portrait of Josephine (not tonight thanks) and the much sought after Victory Tower...all must have items, I can hardly contain myself.

DeletedUser26120

Spent two tickets and during the second spin they flipped the wheel.
I know, some people are so irrational about refreshing. Either that or they are intentionally sabotaging you.

It was way worse last summer event when there were actually good prizes on the wheels lol.

DeletedUser29700

I have 5 unique palace buildings, as well as 3 Maharaja's palace buildings. Is there any reason to place the extra Maharaja palaces? ie will get the 5 FPs per day on each of them?