• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser26120

I will have 2 palaces and like 6 towers by end of event, will be fun arranging them all. Even western tower is worth it at 5 goods+coin for 4x2.

Just here to confirm that I've seen SoK and wishing well on the wheel, both appear as gold prizes that can only be won once. I've seen others asking.

On a side note I only need 1 more elephant fountain gate and a memorial deco then I can get the 4fp for 4x4 setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandelynn

Still waiting for the elephant pond. This is day 4 at least of me staring at the wheel waiting.
Has anyone actually notice it lately?
Maybe its to late for it.

Last edited:

lemur

If you get two crap prizes in a row.
Get off the Wheel.
Close out the window, then return to it.
Spin again.
That resets things in some magical way.

Yeah ... "in some magical way."
ROFL ... what a load of horse manure.
Maybe if you pat your head and spin around three times that will improve your chances too!

Despite my intense skepticism, I was desperate enough to try your stupid-a** "strategy" a few minutes ago. During the third time of closing out the window, someone else came along and got the prize with one try.

In the end, I flushed over 10 tickets, for which I received a pile of junk. These are tickets that took hours of my time to acquire, jumping through the stupid-a** hoops (a.k.a. "quests") laid out my the duh-velopers. Flushing my time is so much fun!!!!!!

And remember ... any shenanigans involving reloading a world are bound to be problematic — because the InnoGames servers are slow as molasses in the evenings.

Last edited:

Mandelynn

Yeah ... "in some magical way."
ROFL ... what a load of horse manure.
Maybe if you pat your head and spin around three times that will improve your chances too!

Despite my intense skepticism, I was desperate enough to try your stupid-a** "strategy" a few minutes ago. During the third time of closing out the window, someone else came along and got the prize with one try.

In the end, I flushed over 10 tickets, for which I received a pile of junk. These are tickets that took hours of my time to acquire, jumping through the stupid-a** hoops (a.k.a. "quests") laid out my the duh-velopers. Flushing my time is so much fun!!!!!!

And remember ... any shenanigans involving reloading a world are bound to be problematic — because the InnoGames servers are slow as molasses in the evenings.

I feel like you do. Its mostly junk we spend hours/days saving for not to mention the quests.
Whether we buy diamonds or not, our time is worth more then this.

If future events go as this one did and the last few before this, I'm going back to ignoring the events like I did most of the others this year. its not worth the time and aggravation.

So, did the chance for the elephant pond already pass? It's all I need on one world then I have the set but its been 4 days and countless spins and rotations, nothing has shown up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29295

I have a sneaky suspicion Mr A that you've invested a fair amount of cash / diamonds to corner the market in sparkly summer stuff!

He may have, but then again he may not have. I have not, and I have enough for 2 Elephant sets, 2 Palaces with 7 of each tower and 2 of the Bandar/Pond. I have not spent on this event. I have gotten some "junk", sure. But mostly good stuff by just watching the wheel. The hood is 2nd to my own needs: I will not use a turn to flip the wheel.

Mandelynn

Elephant Fountain, not pond. Is the game done offering it?
Anyone know if there is a cap on Event buildings and if they all have been given out?

Last edited:

DeletedUser29295

Elephant POND anyone. Is the game done offering it?
Anyone know if there is a cap on Event buildings and if they all have been given out?

As far as I can see, no cap. add I have seen ponds on the wheel I play on. There are 10 days left: this part is like the dog days of Summer.

*Edited because my new keyboard is a PITA

Algona

I keep seeing all ten of the set pieces.

Two cities, no Diamonds spent 17 and 12 tix left. Expecting another 16+ tix on each, already got the last 6 Quests ready to go.

3 of those elephabt gate combos for an FP each. 2 WWs. 2 Champs Retreats. Bazaar. 2 Oasis. Rogue Hideout. 6 Buildings beyond my current Tech. SoK. Premium Production building. 2 Elephant Fountains.

Gotta be coincidence that 'fanbois' historically do well Event after Event and INNO haters spend most Events complaining about how poorly they do. Right? It's a coincidence?

Darth Mole

But again, why would it matter if he did?
No problem with people spending diamonds - the more the merrier. Allows us free loaders to play!
However if you're in effect just buying stuff, why come on the forum to show us how much stuff you've bought?
Harry Enfield had a very popular character in the 90's Britain called "Loadsamoney'

DeletedUser

At first I was disappointed with the changes to the Summer Event from the last 2. However, I am current on the questline, and I have most of both sets on all 3 worlds I play actively. By the time the event is over, I will have all of both sets on all 3 worlds. Yes, I've gotten some crap, but that's true in any Event. I have also gotten some decent prizes, and the quests haven't been at all burdensome to complete. Even the ones with "complete x number of productions". Not the best event in my 2+ years of playing, but all in all not too shabby.

DeletedUser26965

Still waiting for the elephant pond. This is day 4 at least of me staring at the wheel waiting.
Has anyone actually notice it lately?
Maybe its to late for it.

I assume you mean Elephant Fountain
250px-A_SS_MultiAge_SummerBonusSetB17a.png

Elephant Fountain, not pond. Is the game done offering it?

And yes it's on the wheel. Checking 23 Worlds I came across 2 Elephant Fountain's (1 taken, 1 not taken), 2 Rogue Hideouts (both not taken) and 1 Champions Retreat (not taken).

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Copy.JPG

Be patient, save your tickets, keep checking the wheel and spin when you have enough tickets to get it. You may also want to see my comment above Summer Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser26965

I think what Darth Mole is getting at is what purpose does it serve. I think everyone generally gets the idea that if you spend a lot of diamonds/tickets you'll get a lot of stuff. You do the same on the GE feedback thread posting a ton of pics of rewards which doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than to show shiny stuff. Data gathering/feedback is one thing, this seems to be something else.
upload_2017-7-10_6-32-9.jpeg

And your Watchfire thread, same thing, 20+ posts showing Watchfires/Amount, I think people get the simple concept of the more one has the more one gets, pretty sure 20+ photos displaying that info is overkill;
The Watchfire Controversy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29060

For what it's worth, I've promised I've not spent any diamonds and I've so far gotten 5 SoKs, 2 champ retreats, 1 rogue hideout, and 1 wishing well. I've completed the palace set naturally (once I get the last piece from the quest line) and have totally ignored the elephant set with just receiving one piece while going for something else. I have 10 tickets left plus the the rest of the quests and daily collections. This is my first major event besides spring so I can't compare to last summer event but I can't really complain with the loot. I have found that I can somewhat reliably get the wheel to stop within 3 spaces of my target goal. Several of my SoKs were first or second tries. I never used tickets for refreshes just checked the wheel throughout the day. Be patient and know what you are aiming for and you will come out just fine through the rest of this. I have to decide if it's worth going for a 2nd or 3rd palace or continue waiting on SoKs and wishing wells. The cost of Reno kits to keep the palace set plus the goods tower relevant as I go through the ages seems too steep to make it feasible. If I was in late game maybe but I'm expecting to jump from HMA to CA in the next month and the goods will be obsolete if I score them now anyway.

DeletedUser26120

I was thinking today that the 4x4 fountain setup is actually more efficient split up into two different 2x4 layouts if you have horizontal roads like I do.

To do it the 4x4 way I'd have to use a road on both sides making it more like 4x5 or 4x6. With 2x4 I can use a corner road since one of the decos doesn't require a road connection - that can be on the lower right with the other 3 set pieces touching the corner road.

So if anyone has similar problems with their layout, consider splitting them into two groups of 2x4. That's also a viable option for anyone who managed to snag 2 fountain gates and 1 of each deco but not any more than that. I'm still 1 gate and 1 memorial away myself.

DeletedUser26154

And your Watchfire thread

I was very depressed with the lack of Available Watch Fires.
Really cut the heart out of that entire project.

20+ photos displaying that info is overkill

It is.

Checking 23 Worlds

I like to show that a person can invest and win big.
It's a money maker, and if you spend with some sort of plan, you do well.

If all one is gonna do is live in the Middle Ages their entire life...
Moaning and complaining about their Snuffleupagus of Constant Game-killing Ordeals.

1780ca34b498e26a26c0339e999b7e34.png

Then I'll post the Polar Opposite and show how well the Event works, as a counter-balance.