• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser26154

I have Big Big Plans for this event.

big big plans 1.png
big big plans 2.png

And I'm not even half-way done yet.

Here's my Heavy Production City.

praxis 7 6 2017.png

I have 17 Good buildings.
9 High-grade Supply buildings.
Lots premium Cultural buildings too, that will all be replaced with Elephant Fountains.

I'm processing all of my lower-era goods before I rebuild my entire city floor plan with the Set Pieces.

big big plans 3.png
big big plans 4.png

This goods processing project will complete after the event is finished.
I'll know exactly what pieces I'll have by then, and how to arrange them.
I will save three Future Era goods buildings, and then sell the rest.
I will remove my Happiness cultural buildings too, since my Elephants will cover the Happiness.
That will give me massive amounts of room to place my new sets, and adjust happiness to population.
I'll add more population to balance my additional, increased happiness from aforementioned sets.
Then I will focus on producing Arctic Future goods via 5 AF goods production buildings, and from set pieces.

meme1.jpg

I will have room left over, and that will give me space to construct more Great Buildings.

Toppcatt

You’ve had a good game here. And, in the beginning, I bought Diamonds, because the game was exciting and SATISFYING. But that is steadily changing.

Since you now insist on creating all these space-hawging "sets" as event rewards, would it KILL you to make EXTRA LARGE MEDALS PACKAGES amongst the regular prizes in this and forthcoming events?

The game grows steadily less appealing the more we players feel we're being outright extorted for Expansions / Diamond purchases by Mafia Bosses.

And it’s nice of you to restrict the best stuff to ONE per WHEEL this time, too. Certainly, none of us have enough useless crap we didn’t want in the first place clogging up our inventory from random crapshoots, so why not make that even worse too.

No wonder you skipped the Soccer Cup Event this year. It must have really panicked your millennial butts last year when you saw all of us saving up Cups to outright purchase only those things we wanted in the first place.

Oh, and thanks for giving us access to less tickets this time as well. Finding sets of 5, 10 or more in our respective wildernesses again just makes this too much fun. And, it might actually help. God forbid.

And the more you start restricting other options to acquire more and cheaper expansions to make room for all this new stuff – and the more you restrict opportunities to acquire those things we want and avoid being stuck with yet even more of those things we don’t - you’re definitely and slowly killing this game’s appeal, customer loyalty and P.R.

I keep hoping for a personnel change as things just keep getting subtly worse (Don’t they have a McDonalds in Germany now? They’re always hirin’, ya know). Because if there isn’t a change in personnel or policy and this trend isn’t sharply reversed, a lot of other players are not only gonna stop buying Diamonds, they’re gonna start bailing eventually as well, and your new player count is gonna start a steady and alarming decline as former player word spreads.

You attract and retain players and PAYING CUSTOMERS who buy Diamonds by making a game enjoyable, exciting and SATISFYING, not by making it steadily more and more disappointing and frustrating in an attempt to EXTORT Diamond Purchases – with a sarcastic smile in your videos.

I'm in full agreement with you, and have been saying for the last year, that Inno management isn't even trying to hide the fact that all of these Events, along with most of the recent changes they have done, is nothing but a pure, out in the open, trying for money grab. And upper management must NOT be too bright, as they keep making more of the same changes, that is the reason they driving away both past Diamond buyers, AND Players in general.

The Wheel changes for this Event just proves it, with me NOT seeing a SoK even once so far, and also that on the slim chance a Shrine is offered, it is available to won only ONCE, and then you have to Refresh the Wheel who knows how many times, trying to get another Shrine, or other Prize that is worth it (which IMO, ALL of the new "Set" buildings are worthless).

They have already driven away quite a lot of Players, and they are rapidly making this game "not fun" for me too. And once a game isn't fun anymore, is when I stop playing, as what is the point of playing a game, if it isn't fun?

Toppcatt

Apparently in this event, Bazaars and such don't count for the "complete x production 15 times". They always have in past events. I guess these particular quests will take a little longer for me, as I only have room for 3 Blacksmiths. LOL

My Bazaars and Aviary did work and count for the "complete 24 hr productions", just like my Mad Scientist's Lab counted toward the "complete 8 hr production". So why your didn't I don't know, other than maybe trying to Refresh your game screen, which I have to do at a minimum, of 50 times a day. I especially have to Refresh after visiting cities to M/P, and after doing GE.

DeletedUser15755

Anyone else getting prize's that are supposedly off the board already but you still get them? As well as getting avatars I already have gotten. My board is not skipping to the next prize.

Toppcatt

It does work that way: I thought the same thing till I got to the Quest.

Yeah, I had asked about this on the Player's run Wikia page/site, and one answer I got said I was going to have to wait to get the Quest, before then completing the 1st level for GE.

Then I got another answer, with that Player stating for the last Event, that when they had gotten a Quest involving GE, that they had already completed all 3 levels (I don't count the 4th worthless level), and for that Quest it was automatically completed.

So I have already completed all 3 levels for this weeks GE, and I'll learn tomorrow if it gets auto-completed or not. If it doesn't, then I have my Scout I sent out on Tues, waiting for me to only open my Map page/panel, to do the "or" part of the Quest, of "Scout a Province". LOL

So either way it works out, I'll complete it, but if it doesn't automatically complete, then I agree having this Quest come up on a Sat, leaving only 2 days to try and complete 3 levels of GE, is poor planning or thought on the Devs part, but then again, I've come to expect nothing but poor planning on the Devs part for this game. The last 2 years have been very disappointing, and if this game keeps up on it's current direction, I will soon be finding another game to play, one that is still actually fun to play, instead of just one that has it's owners/CEO's, only interested in how much money they can scam from people, for their "free" game. LOL :)

DeletedUser

My Bazaars and Aviary did work and count for the "complete 24 hr productions", just like my Mad Scientist's Lab counted toward the "complete 8 hr production". So why your didn't I don't know, other than maybe trying to Refresh your game screen, which I have to do at a minimum, of 50 times a day. I especially have to Refresh after visiting cities to M/P, and after doing GE.
If you had kept reading posts, you would have seen the explanation why mine didn't seem to work in this case.

DeletedUser29055

I'm in full agreement with you, and have been saying for the last year, that Inno management isn't even trying to hide the fact that all of these Events, along with most of the recent changes they have done, is nothing but a pure, out in the open, trying for money grab. And upper management must NOT be too bright, as they keep making more of the same changes, that is the reason they driving away both past Diamond buyers, AND Players in general.

The Wheel changes for this Event just proves it, with me NOT seeing a SoK even once so far, and also that on the slim chance a Shrine is offered, it is available to won only ONCE, and then you have to Refresh the Wheel who knows how many times, trying to get another Shrine, or other Prize that is worth it (which IMO, ALL of the new "Set" buildings are worthless).

They have already driven away quite a lot of Players, and they are rapidly making this game "not fun" for me too. And once a game isn't fun anymore, is when I stop playing, as what is the point of playing a game, if it isn't fun?

I am sorry you did not see any SOKs. I have seen a few, got one in each world I play, and one sniped just when I was spinning the wheel. No real bad feelings, since that is the game.

But - I don't get the call for SOKs, SOKs, SOKs. Yes, they are great. But the palace set seems to be even better. There are configurations discussed here in the forum that gives you almost as many forge points, and quite a lot of other stuff such as supplies, coins, goods.

And, in the end. The consumer votes with his or her wallet. If you do not agree with the changes ...

DeletedUser26965

Here's some actual data as opposed to the typical, vague, bias comments. I'll do this again at the end of the event. It's pretty obvious that if you happen to be in a larger neighborhood with active big spenders you're more likely to see the premium prizes, even more likely if you happen to catch them spinning of course. The 9.63 average tickets spent per player seems low to me but maybe there's just a lot of players waiting to the end, we shall see.

Neighborhood Goal/Spin Data
(Sun July 2 - Fri July 7)
  • 77 Spins per goal
  • 23 Worlds
  • 1,367 Players
  • 13,167 Tickets Spent
  • 2,633.4 Avg. tickets spent per day
  • 9.63 Avg. Tickets Spent per player
  • 171 Goals Reached
  • 7.43 Avg. Goals Reached per world
  • Highest Amount of Spins/Goals Xyr 3,157 Spins, 41 Goals Reached
  • Lowest Amount of Spins/Goals Korch 154 Spins, 2 Goals Reached

World - # of Goals (# of Neighbors) (Age, all IA except when indicated)
A - 6 (59)
B - 6 (55)
C - 3 (48)
D - 18 (74) (OF)
E - 5 (51)
F - 4 (52)
G - 5 (56)
H - 4 (52)
J - 5 (52)
K - 2 (58)
L - 4 (60)
M - 6 (57)
N - 8 (53)
O - 5 (52)
P - 4 (54)
Q - 5 (50)
R - 6 (57)
S - 5 (56)
T - 10 (69) (HMA)
U - 4 (55)
V - 5 (47)
W - 10 (70) (HMA)
X - 41 (73) (PE)
Total 171 - 1,367
Total Spins: 13,167

DeletedUser26965

Good job Inno, you put quest 11 of Questline two 4 days into GE which has the option "Scout a Province OR Complete Level 1 in GE", yeah okay we could wait four days if we wanted to use the option but really c'mon:rolleyes:

Edit: Time for me to eat crow, upon opening this quest it in fact auto completed the GE portion as I had already completed it earlier in the week.

View attachment 5356

Daley the Great

Quest 11 of the bonus questline auto-completes if you are past level 1 of the GE. It did for me...but I didn't know it until I had already sent scouts out...such is life.

Mandelynn

As most of us do but sometimes, luck isn't on our side.

When the wheel refreshes it can take 9 or more spins and most are competing for the prize with who flipped (refreshed) it.

DeletedUser27023

Is there an optimal way to set up the Palace set? The Cherry Blossom Set had a specific configuration. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to set up the Palace Set.

Praetorius

Is there an optimal way to set up the Palace set? The Cherry Blossom Set had a specific configuration. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to set up the Palace Set.
There are three ways that are generally considered best: 8x4, 4x8, or 6x6 (with a 2x2 area left over, perfect to put in an extra palace tower)