• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2023 Feedback

Pericles the Lion

But...what relevance does that have in this context? The healthy units are still displayed first at all times. If you're wanting to use different units and not just a single type, you're going to have to maneuver around the damaged ones either way.
Depends on how you select troops. When I was in SAV, I only used Power Dragons and Rogues. I kept deleting any Steel Fists that I collected so that the Dragons were the first units displayed when opening army management. Replacing injured/killed units was a snap. The default option was a Dragon and I only needed to click on "light" units to find the Rogues (after deleting all of the Drones). I never saw an injured unit. Now, in SAJM, I use only Harpoons and Rogues. The Harpoons are the default unit when army management opens so I only need to keep deleting Drones to keep the Rogues at the head of the "Light" queue. I still never see wounded units. If you choose units by clicking on the "Show all units" tab then, sure, you will be seeing a lot of damaged units cluttering things up. I've been using a single type of unit with Rogues since Indy (when I got Hovers).

Angel.

They probably changed it due to complaints about the wheel being reset by neighbors at inopportune times. Apparently it's somebody's job to decide which whines to pay attention to.
thats what made it piaratey ,the pirate sneeks in an takes the gold

Rhae 911

Definitely not worth trying to get the key, this coming from a player that has always completed every event.
Inno has made sure the only way to get the Calender Prize this year is to spend big money. Not worth it.

Pericles the Lion

Definitely not worth trying to get the key, this coming from a player that has always completed every event.
Inno has made sure the only way to get the Calender Prize this year is to spend big money. Not worth it.
Opinions vary. I haven't spent any $, or diamonds, for doubloons, keys, or key parts so far.

1686741259476.png

Johnny B. Goode

Opinions vary. I haven't spent any $, or diamonds, for doubloons, keys, or key parts so far.

View attachment 20420
Opinions may vary, but facts don't. The first half of the calendar is the easy part because you can do the rush quests and have plenty of event currency. It's the second half where it gets hard (or impossible, for most) to complete without spending Diamonds because the flow of event currency slows way down once you catch up to the daily questline.

Pericles the Lion

Opinions may vary, but facts don't. The first half of the calendar is the easy part because you can do the rush quests and have plenty of event currency. It's the second half where it gets hard (or impossible, for most) to complete without spending Diamonds because the flow of event currency slows way down once you catch up to the daily questline.
We'll see, won't we? I haven't used up all of my doubloons yet, having only played boards until I get the key. Even so, if I need to spend some diamonds at the end to fill in the holes it's no big deal. GE and GBG provide me with diamonds just for things like this.

Last edited:

kingmaker204

My understanding is that the Calendar Key is available only on 1 of every 2 boards, on average. Combining this with the fact that progress towards the Grand Prize was cut by 33% makes having any success nearly impossible. This Event should be renamed Inno Piracy and Overreach.
This Event should be renamed Inno Piracy and Overreach. hahahhahahha

Johnny B. Goode

We'll see, won't we? I haven't used up all of my doubloons yet, having only played boards until I get the key. Even so, if I need to spend some diamonds at the end to fill in the holes it's no big deal. GE and GBG provide me with diamonds just for things like this.
LOL. Thanks for agreeing with my point and proving your own post about doing it without Diamonds was misleading at best.

honey55

View attachment 20420
Kind of appears you're either lucky or favored. Others have not been so lucky, at least in my guild. I'm not going for the Calender and I've 3 and have 14 fragments. I've gotten 2 from daily quest twice, the rest of the days only 1 fragment. The extra were from picking the key more than once. I'd seen lots of keys, just didn't go for them. Others wanting them seem to be lucky to even find one to go after. This aspect of the game is luck unless of course one can actually be favored. So of course, feedback is pretty much based on if you're going for the calendar, whether or not you are lucky. It's the gambling aspect of the game that those of us who play only because its also a strategy game, dislike, or actually hate.

Pericles the Lion

LOL. Thanks for agreeing with my point and proving your own post about doing it without Diamonds was misleading at best.
I DID NOT agree with your post. To the contrary. So far, I've done it without diamonds and there is no reason for me to think that spending diamonds to complete the calendar is inevitable.

Pericles the Lion

Kind of appears you're either lucky or favored. Others have not been so lucky, at least in my guild. I'm not going for the Calender and I've 3 and have 14 fragments. I've gotten 2 from daily quest twice, the rest of the days only 1 fragment. The extra were from picking the key more than once. I'd seen lots of keys, just didn't go for them. Others wanting them seem to be lucky to even find one to go after. This aspect of the game is luck unless of course one can actually be favored. So of course, feedback is pretty much based on if you're going for the calendar, whether or not you are lucky. It's the gambling aspect of the game that those of us who play only because its also a strategy game, dislike, or actually hate.
I chuckle every time that a player claims that it's "lucky or favored" as the explanation for why some players have more success than others. There is strategy involved in many aspects of FOE and this Event is no exception. Simply put, some players are just better at the game than others.

Last edited:

honey55

I chuckle every time that a player claims that it's "lucky or favored" as the explanation for why some players have more success than others. There is strategy involved in many aspects of FOE and this Event is no exception. Simply put, some players are just better than others.
I use strategy in every event and normally get the event building. However, there is still luck. Are you saying others are lying about the key not showing up, or when it does getting the shuffle before finding it. I got the shuffle lots more times than i hit the daily special. The odds weren't exactly in my favor but than someone else probably hit the daily special more often than the shuffle. Why? Because of the probability aspect. For one person to do better than the odds, someone else has to do worse. It's the gambling aspect. If it was simply strategy everyone could get the exact same results. Even those giving guides show graphs giving different results for using the same strategy using a simulator. So chuckle away. You'll be healthier for it.

Last edited:

rizbo

In G world my last event board had NO key. I cleared the board and there wasn't a key available to uncover. WTH! First you ruin GE now your cheating on the events? That's a new low..........

Edward _MMXIII

3K diamonds to open treasure ???????? That's a last day decision for any F2PP !

We've got a whale in Arvahall with multiple Viceroys / Trading posts / Phantoms / Eagle Reserves and an entire North South block of lvl 2 sentinels going 8 tiles wide .

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

So far, I've done it without diamonds and there is no reason for me to think that spending diamonds to complete the calendar is inevitable.
Then apparently you're in denial. Because there's plenty of reason to think that spending Diamonds is inevitable, barring amazingly good luck. But, whatever.

Pericles the Lion

Good luck can change quickly, unless it isn't really good luck you're having, which would explain your flaunting of your good luck and having no empathy for those who have bad luck.
I might not be having good luck but I am flaunting my good luck. Yeah, that makes sense. ;)

Btw, I do, indeed, have sympathy for players that experience some bad luck provided they don't blame their bad luck on INNO (which is generally the case). That's like blaming the Blackjack dealer for giving you a King when you hit on a 12.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Btw, I do, indeed, have sympathy for players that experience some bad luck provided they don't blame their bad luck on INNO
Fine, except for the fact that the "bad luck" with the calendar in this event is strictly due to Inno changing the frequency of keys showing up. So in this case, it actually is Inno's fault. Not that you'll admit that, but your continued denial doesn't change the facts of what Inno's doing now, nor what they've been doing to the entire game lately.

Pericles the Lion

Fine, except for the fact that the "bad luck" with the calendar in this event is strictly due to Inno changing the frequency of keys showing up. So in this case, it actually is Inno's fault. Not that you'll admit that, but your continued denial doesn't change the facts of what Inno's doing now, nor what they've been doing to the entire game lately.
There was a time when, if a player complained about changes made from the Beta version to the live one, you would be among the first to proclaim that INNO is free to make changes to the Beta version because "that's what Beta is for". Now, all you do is complain about how INNO has ruined the game. You were more tolerable before you drank the naysayer Kool-Aid. Now, I simply wonder why you continue to play a game that you don't seem to like. Sad.