• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2023 Feedback

xivarmy

So. Just to be clear. You replaced the mechanics from one of the most rewarding events, and replaced it with one of the most tedious.
Can't wait.
The rewards look nice enough. Let's see if their attainable.
It wasn't one of the most rewarding, but it was different, interesting, and unique. So it is a shame that they replaced it with a clone of another event instead.

That said, it was straightforward enough to complete the main building (w/o golden upgrade - but it makes its own golden upgrade over time) in the state it was last in on beta, but some adjustments were made between beta and live that we don't know exactly what they are. I assume they don't change the completability much though.

The calendar completion for skull cave will likely require some diamonds.

The cartographer's house from treasure maps obviously is diamond-exclusive - and it was quite rare on beta to even see one you can buy.

Dursland

The cartographer's house from treasure maps obviously is diamond-exclusive - and it was quite rare on beta to even see one you can buy.
I was told it takes 900-1000 diamonds on average to swap into cartographer, or even two of them. Can anyone confirm?

Considering it makes fragments of a permanent building it might be worth the investment.

xivarmy

I was told it takes 900-1000 diamonds on average to swap into cartographer, or even two of them. Can anyone confirm?

Considering it makes fragments of a permanent building it might be worth the investment.
They changed things around a lot over the course of beta. It's hard to say what the odds are now for sure. But they're low.

Still the initial swapouts are also cheap, so if you're willing to spend the 2995 diamonds to buy the lot if you find one, it's probably worth some amount of swap-outs to search for it. But since the swapouts go up in cost with each one you do, it could be quite the expensive search if you insist on finding one rather than just have a budget you're willing to use to gamble.

xivarmy

Do the swap out costs reset daily?
They reset with each set of maps. So basically when the cost gets too high, you give up and select something awful from that set, then get fresh cheap rerolls for the next maps. Eventually you max out the number of maps in your stash and have to buy it if you want to keep trying more.

Xenosaur

This is a fun event, not intellectual or computational. That being said, to excel at obtaining the items you want, first STUDY the MULTIPLE new buildings and see what fits your city strategy. Some of the most successful beta players took advantage of Inno's event recalibration efforts in the beta game, and used the amassed collection of "compensatory" doubloons to secure, via the daily special feature, multiple buildings they wanted.

In other words - SAVE UP your doubloons for the proper spend time.

Also, it may be worth spending some diamonds you have on more playing chances, so as to get the upgrade to change the TRADING POST --> Buccaneers Bay.
I didn't spend cash to do this - but did spend some additional diamonds I had earned/won in the game. This is a nice event for acquiring "things" of value.

Pericles the Lion

The announcement says that the Viceroy upgrade will be available from Summer Prizes, Treasure maps, or later Grand prizes. This means getting one will require spending either diamonds or cash.

CDmark

The announcement says that the Viceroy upgrade will be available from Summer Prizes, Treasure maps, or later Grand prizes. This means getting one will require spending either diamonds or cash.
Interesting term, "Later Grand Prizes". I looked at Fellowship prizes in beta, Grand Prizes are on the bottom, Fellowship Prizes are the payline. Sooo, looks like it will be on pay line (Summer Prizes) and Grand Prize line which is a change from beta. If they put it way out there, like 600, then yes diamonds will be needed. If they put it like the Heroes Tavern golden upgrade, it may be doable without diamonds. Will be interesting to see.

CDmark

This is a fun event, not intellectual or computational. That being said, to excel at obtaining the items you want, first STUDY the MULTIPLE new buildings and see what fits your city strategy. Some of the most successful beta players took advantage of Inno's event recalibration efforts in the beta game, and used the amassed collection of "compensatory" doubloons to secure, via the daily special feature, multiple buildings they wanted.

In other words - SAVE UP your doubloons for the proper spend time.

Also, it may be worth spending some diamonds you have on more playing chances, so as to get the upgrade to change the TRADING POST --> Buccaneers Bay.
I didn't spend cash to do this - but did spend some additional diamonds I had earned/won in the game. This is a nice event for acquiring "things" of value.
This event really helped my Iron Age Beta player.
PY-R8 (PY) - makes me a ballista and a fragment of each, 100% and 200% Red D potions (15 needed), and 1% Blue D - I have 6
Hidden Goods (HG) - 3 cur, 2 prev goods, 1 FP and a fragment of each, 100% and 200% Red A potions (15 needed) and 1% Red D - I have 4
Paradise Rose (PR) - a fragment of each, 100% Red A and D potions (15 needed) and 1% Blue A - I have 5

I was hoping to get more HG's versus PR's but I didn't get it as an Alt special so I had to spend the rest of my doubloons. Now, I was able to get the golden upgrade via regular play so after 50 days, I can get another HG or PR, plus close to a 300% Red A and a 300% Red D potion, need 60 days here (ALL numbers based on average).

These 100/200 potions helped me finish GE4 auto battle, no losses. Then, after L4 GE, I was a little machine for about 20 min in GBG. My base is 200/200, I was 400A/600D for 30 min.

Py-R8 - I call it the mini Traz, now it makes artillery units so, IA, HMA and ME will like it (my experience is up to ME), CE will hate (this one I know)
HG - like a mini CF with prev goods too and the 1 FP always helps a newer city

PR - not a real helper, FOR ME.

Xenosaur

Interesting term, "Later Grand Prizes". I looked at Fellowship prizes in beta, Grand Prizes are on the bottom, Fellowship Prizes are the payline. Sooo, looks like it will be on pay line (Summer Prizes) and Grand Prize line which is a change from beta. If they put it way out there, like 600, then yes diamonds will be needed. If they put it like the Heroes Tavern golden upgrade, it may be doable without diamonds. Will be interesting to see.
Yes - a number of beta players indicated the beta event was great after all the adjustments, and to NOT CHANGE ANYTHING for LIVE from the final beta version.

SO yes - we'll see if they listened to the beta group - which had as much unanimity as I've seen in recent years about the final design and deliverages of BETA SUMMER event 2023.

qaccy

It was noted by Inno that several things have been adjusted in between the event ending on beta and coming here to live. It remains to be seen what those changes were. Namely, treasure map and grand prize rewards have received changes that won't be seen until the event starts.

qaccy

I see instead of 1,2 or 3 coins from each attempt it is only 1 or 2. Guaranteed to making getting the much more difficult. These events sshould be fun, not an exercise in futility
This is something that was changed over the course of the event in beta. I think it happened at the same time they increased the amount of doubloons that were available. Basically, it's balanced out by getting more plays now.

However, the event description in-game does still say 1-3 progress per attempt rather than 1-2, which is a typo that slipped through beta.
1686050068281.png