• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Swap threads and Etiquette question

• Thread starter DeletedUser31498
  • Start date

DeletedUser31498

Exactly.
Just another two cents: I wouldn't write anyone about it. People can offer bad deals, maybe if he really got out of line about it... This bad deal isn't horrible, you come out even (you get nothing). That's kinda a favor. You should be able to just say no if you want and that's the end of it

You say I come out even, but not even close. Also, my math was wrong the reward is 75 FPs for second, so he was putting in 118, and getting back all but 10. I could ask a 90% Arc friend to do this and they would even profit, I'd owe them nothing.

This guy getting tons of medals and BPs, with me "paying him back" 118 FPs is not remotely close to coming out even, and he knows that.

I did in fact message the top 10 in the guild, and they were mostlyok with it. They said as long as he didn't post the FPs first and ask me to pay him back it was fine. Couple people agreed it was scummy and just to ignore the guy.

Idk swap threads are very active (too active though), and open GE4 every week. debating jumping to a smaller guild of like 40 people, although maybe I'll just stay and some people offered to do personal swaps on our Arcs.

DeletedUser31882

Idk swap threads are very active (too active though), and open GE4 every week. debating jumping to a smaller guild of like 40 people, although maybe I'll just stay and some people offered to do personal swaps on our Arcs.

In the end, being in a guild that is a fit to you is what matters.

Knowing how their etiquette compares to yours is a crucial part of the social contract.

DeletedUser11463

I found that many people do this so I stopped doing any of the swap threads. I find one or two trading partners to take 1st and 2nd, then open the building up to everyone else. As far as the "reward" from a swap thread, I went months without even getting 5th because so many people were just doing the swaps to finish up buildings. So why waste time with that garbage. I use my points now to look for deals on other people's GB's. Or I finish up my own buildings. Either way, the expectation and hassle of swap threads is no longer in my playbook.