• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Swaps vs 1.9 (or 1.8)

DeletedUser15539

GBs in a 190% swap can still get sniped, but much less than GBs in a straight fp swap thread.

That being said, I just love running across GBs leveling by swaps in the neighborhood.

DeletedUser38659

You're missing my point. Swaps should have GB level limits according to the FP swap amount so that the players who should get the BP for a given GB will get that BP more often. It's a shame when the higher level GB ar placed in every swap to get them primed for 1.xx and end up giving the ofender more BP than he will ever use while simulteneioasly hurting the progress of his guild mates by collecting the small FP and BP rewards. Guilds who don't hold their members to standards of ethical game play should be publicly ridiculed so that players can be aware of who isn't worth knowing.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying that th FP swap amount and max level should be the same. The FP amount should only impact the max level of GB allowed.

DeletedUser41411

When a player makes many requests of another not to attack, then the player who insists on attacking is a bully.

Bruadhin

If this is what's happening in your guild, you need a better guild. I was in a guild once that allowed this to happen, once I saw it was happening, I bounced.

Since this thread has been revived...

I left a guild a few months ago because I noticed a few players doing this. Joined a guild and turns out the leader didn't have founder rights...

I quickly leave swap threads now. I find the 1.9 so much more efficient and with my large inventory I take a lot of spots and loop for my CF. I find it is great for my city, particularly when I snipe the hood and self levelers.

Algona

When a player makes many requests of another not to attack, then the player who insists on attacking is a bully.

Gee, I dunno. Point of view kind of thing.

Attacking other players is explicitly within the rules of the game and actively encouraged by INNO. Might as well call someone who jumps your checker a bully.

You're sending 'many' unwanted in-game messages and posting the same thing in multiple off topic threads in the forum and calling people names for playing the game within the rules.

You're the one violating rules to harass players playing within the rules.

If there is anyone doing any bullying, it's you.

---------

Which is of course the kind of nonsense anyone can pull out of their ass when they need some excuse to justify getting their ass repeatedly kicked. Try asking for help instead of whining and name calling.

Don't belittle a serious social problem by using it to insult players for playing the game.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I hadn't even noticed a 1.xx thread
Not surprising, since in many/most guilds the 1.x thread is invite only, and if you don't have a level 80 Arc (or been invited because your Arc reached the sweet spot depending on the type of 1.x thread) you would never know it exists, unless someone references it in conversation.

Bruadhin

Not surprising, since in many/most guilds the 1.x thread is invite only, and if you don't have a level 80 Arc (or been invited because your Arc reached the sweet spot depending on the type of 1.x thread) you would never know it exists, unless someone references it in conversation.

Leave any guild that does this. They are using younger players to prime their GBs.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Leave any guild that does this. They are using younger players to prime their GBs.
Not even close to true in any guild I'm a part of, that practice is specifically forbidden and strictly enforced. Did see it in one guild that I left, so it does happen, but not the norm from what I've seen.

In the guilds I'm in this is done so people without a clue don't continuously mess up the thread, but they are/were open join guilds. Having them open to all members only makes sense in a long time apply guild from what I've seen.

Bruadhin

Not even close to true in any guild I'm a part of, that practice is specifically forbidden and strictly enforced. Did see it in one guild that I left, so it does happen, but not the norm from what I've seen.

In the guilds I'm in this is done so people without a clue don't continuously mess up the thread, but they are/were open join guilds. Having them open to all members only makes sense in a long time apply guild from what I've seen.

I'm glad you had good experience. There was one I was in and found out. Basically just using new players. I left for a better guild as soon as I realized. Even in that guild there was one player who did it still.