• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tell us your favorite Forge moments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Bud

My favorite, and best, experience in FOE is being a member of POLTERGEIST for the last two years, the #2 guild in Dunarsund (#1 in our hearts.) The best part of that experience is the close knit, extremely helpful Leadership Team. They go above and beyond anything I've ever seen in my six years of playing the game. Our former Guild Leader, CastleBig, was a VERY large influence in developing this Leadership Team. He was the most generous and helpful player that I've ever seen and MANY players across Dunarsund can attest to that. His account was permanently banned for an unintentional mistake, he was not aware that he'd broken a rule. We all miss him terribly and hope that he may, one day, be permitted to return.
#freecastlebig

Castle.jpg

Ebeondi Asi

I was relatively new, and searching for a better Guild and joined Spring Break. By chance within a few minutes of joining the Leader offered Arc Goods to anyone with a full set of prints. I immediately Diamond up the last few prints and exclaimed ME!
They helped me level up that Arc and I used them as a model to start Arc clubs in other Worlds
Before I left to seek a more active fighting Guild, I paid forward the Goods gift plus. I even renamed my city to include Spring so I would always remember their kindness. and I have gifted Goods to others, telling them gift it forwrd when you are ready.
Spring Break gave me the best gift of all. Being generous and helping others can and is a big part of Foe life.

Last edited:

Cedar Branches

Happy Birthday, Inno!

My story is about my most hated in-game rival, who relentless plundered my city, and how we ultimately became friends.

His moniker was Darkest Wizard, and boy was he mean. The greatest plunderer Noarsil had ever seen. Yep. He was good. His city was impressive, and his attacks sometimes came complete with messages of evil laughts and insults. No matter what I did, I could never stop his attacks.

Then I made a song. It humorously tells the story the best, but read on for the twist at the end!

The song and video were all made in good fun, with his approval, and the song brought us together as friends. He did, after all, make the game quite exciting for me for all those years. Shortly after giving the music video his accolades, he took leave of his city, and has not yet returned to the game.

Ironically, I have since come back to Noarsil, and am quite active, and --how about that-- nobody plunders my city anymore!

Happy forging!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aglaranna

Like many others, alone during the pandemic I turned to something which I had stumbled on many years previously, but had to leave due to family commitments. I knew it would help me get through. A game with other players I could interact with, work as a team and forge (!) friendships. Nearly two years on and I have learned so much from so many people. I have not yet encountered anyone who is anything but friendly, kind and helpful. Such a lovely community of like minded folk. I am looking forward to joining in the birthday celebrations. This is such a great community to be part of.

Meat Butcher

Being a Founder of a guild is very challenging and there is no better joy than helping players up their game.
Sometimes you need to get creative in explaining things.

This was more than likely 4 - 5 years ago when Shines of Knowledge were more prominent and players would have large SOK farms.
We had one guild member that was very upset that 4 - 6 SOK's did not get motivated consistently and made a thread about how it was costing him FP's every day.

As a founder I decided to post this and I think with a little humor it got the point across that he had too many and it was unreasonable to expect them all to get mp'd.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
A few years back, I traveled to the Himalaya's to spend a few weeks with Tibetan monks
Lhamo Dhondup the Dalai Lama approached me as I was trying to meditate.
He said to me, "Meat San, why do look so troubled?"

I said, "Is it that clear I am frustrated oh foremost spiritual leader?" "I play this awesome browser game called Forge of Empires, and no matter how much I aid my guild mates it seems four of my shrines of Knowledge do not get motivated. If they do not get motivated it costs me a valuable Forge Point!"

The Dalai Lama replied, "Oh....I know this is very frustrating, I too play Forge of Empires on the Tibetan Server. I find it very challenging and enlightening so I know how terrible it is to lose a valuable Forge Point !"

"Meat San, this can only mean that you have too many SOK's that need motivating. Set the four Shines that never get motivated free and achieve the serenity and peace you are looking for!"
I said to him, "WOW......you have opened my eyes and when I get back home I will remove the four that do not get mp'd to achieve the happiness I crave. Thank you so much oh wiser of the wise !"

Moral of story, do not have more than than you need.

Last edited:

MickeyD2-5150

I started this game nearly 4 years ago now. I have met some really awesome people and spoken with many on voice chat, so I have made some very good friends. But none as good as the woman that I love.

I met Lady DuCoeur in Mt Kilmore. She joined the guild I was in and was very friendly right off. But she was new to the game, so she was messaging me very often to get some ideas of how to help her game. She never came right out and said it, but she liked me more than just a mentor. After nearly a year of getting to know each other, she asked me one day if I was married. I replied no, I am not, and she took the next step of asking me if I would like to talk to her out of the game. I replied YES! I surely liked her, but never thought it would go beyond the game.

We hit it off right away and made plans to meet one day. I had to fly 600 miles to meet her, but it was SOOOOO worth it, I thought!

It has been over a year now since we met, she is my girlfriend, and the best woman I have EVER met. She is so awesome! We are working on plans for one of us to relocate and move forward towards getting married. We have the relationship of a fairytale. It is just awesome that this game has given us this opportunity to find each other and have a life together. THANK YOU inno!!!! You ROCK! =)

To my dismay, she is now locked out of her profile by a glitch that hasn't let her log in for the last 5 days,,, She might need to start her game all over, which might be too much. So now she might be finished with the game... This makes me so sad... =(

Update on her account… she installed the latest update and she’s able to log in again!!

Last edited:

USMCSGT96

I don't know how long I've been playing FoE, but I started playing because of the commercials on TV. It's addicting though. So much so I needed to take nearly a year off. I jumped back on because I believe that if you are idle for a year your account gets deleted. Got addicted again of course. Took more time off for almost another year after learning that a Marine Corps brother and best friend had passed away. Spent a lot of time chatting with his daughter, telling her stories about him and experiences we went through. But early on I was relentlessly attacked and plundered by some @$$hole. We ended up being great friends and eventually guildmates. He's helped me with giving me advice on my city and on strategy. He's helped me grow and has always had my back, contributing more FP than he needed to, giving me unfair trades when I needed goods. I'd love to meet him in real life some day. It amazes me at how someone early on figured out how to best maximize the returns on adding to a GB, which GB are worth building based on size and production, and how, if you've been in a good guild with experienced players, that knowledge has been passed around. There is still so much I need to learn, but I like passing on what I do know to young players to make their playing experience more enjoyable.

Last edited:

52 Blue

I have been playing for 8 1/2 years with just a few months off not long ago. I started playing for something to do over the winter when I moved across country and knew no one. The road is long for all of us here the stories of happy and sad many. I do recall being the 2nd person on my server to get the New Tavern done, lost by 12 hours, again congrats JJK for 1st. The artwork must be cheered it is incredible and makes me smile to look at the city I built using pieces of art that you made. Congrats on 10 years

Biffo Mane

The way I first got into this game is when I saw my dad playing it. I thought that it was the coolest game at the time and sometimes he would let me play. After I while I decided to download it myself. Ever since then I have really enjoyed the game and I look forward to continuing to play it. I think that it is an amazing game. I am so glad that my dad was playing this when I walked in. This game is a big stress reliver, I would defiantly recommend this game to people. Thank you so much for giving me good hours of gameplay with it.

Snek

I was relatively new to an alt on Dunarsund (now my main because my main was deleted), and I didn't know anyone. However, two people by the names of Woodrow Spomatus and Ramdasbir helped me grow quite a lot quite quickly. Woodrow is still a good friend and we help each other, as well as help newer players grow in this game.

JewellsSC

I have had many emotional and memorable moments during my 5 years playing FOE. FOE friends got me through the isolation of cancer and Covid! A few a friends in the real world now!
I started playing in 2017 while quarantined in the heart center after starting life changing treatment to stop cancer. My Mom, Sister and Daughter all lived out of state. My husband worked out of state most weeks, so I was alone. I was introduced to FOE, where we learned together, across 4 states, to build our cities stronger, fight battles and meet other people that we came to know as dear friends. I was quarantined for 7 months.
Instead of thinking of the tumor fighting against my heart, and the chemo destroying my lungs, I focused on the game. I wanted more. Every waking moment I was in the game. I learned to create squads, helped newer players get goods so they could have buildings to put in the squads and I fought in every FOE battle that I could! The hospital Wi-Fi was not good enough to let my laptop move fast in GE. It was crushing to finally let go of fighting GE. Thank you for starting GBG. GBG has become my favorite fighting arena! I have fought in it from home, the hospital and 2 cancer centers ever since. After 5 years, I just finished my treatment.
My many FOE friends fought with me and laughed with me for 5 years while I won the battle to remission! I do not know how I would have survived the last 5 years without my new wonderful FOE family! I play in 2 lands, and have found the best guild in each one.

Last edited:

Gungun Warrior

One day in the GBG

It was a hot day out here in the deserts. I decided rather than work out trade agreements using goods three eras head of my Modern Era. We would go and sharpen the troops up a bit. I had been collecting a lot of dead wood lately. We now had twenty drummers and five of the Color Guard. I use them as my drum majors with seven drummers and I have an effective Marching Band. Well, the bands are colorful, and we all love the drum music, but they do make poor fighters.

My second in command had this bright idea of why don’t we take advantage of the new guild war rules and help our supporting guild out and maybe lose a few battles with the marching bands. He thought it would make us look good that we were down there supporting the guild. He also thought it best we lose all those hungry mouths to feed. I had to really think about this. I am not hot on the idea of killing off parts of my growing Army. As it stands, I get one unit a day from my Governor’s villa. (He is bribing me with a recruit a day.) Some days, owning your own city has its advantages. Next, I get one troop from my Egyptian Bath House per day. Last is my Alcatraz, it is generating seven new reformed prisoners per day.

With all of this going on, it gets interesting managing an Army this size. I am grateful for all the buildings we have won in the Guild Expedition. Life is calling me to go down and try this new challenge out. We make it to the island and this is some battleground. Having never been here before, I am wondering to myself what on God’s green earth have I got myself into this time? Well, the Battle Master of the guild says we need to make a path to the center of the island if we want to win first place. I think to myself, “Right! Yea, I am starting to wonder about this Battle Master. I mean, come on! You want me to march my troops into the center of an active volcano. I mean, really, just how stupid do I look?”

Well, it must be pretty stupid because I am doing it. We started in at the first section. I decided rather than risk my best seasoned troops, I would send in the Marching Band, hoping these guys have a sense of humor about this. It was a short battle and only one drummer escaped with his life. Well, so much for a sense of humor idea. This had a reverse effect on my troops, instead of running for the docks looking for a way home. They were all fighting mad. No one, but no one, kills off our Marching Band without paying for it. I didn’t even ask, and my unit slots were full and in they went. This time the jungle was red with dead and my troops were all still living, I only had one unit that needed healing.

But I also saw we had to do 58 fights to take this piece of land. It was the next battle I learned of a thing called attrition. It means the more we fight, the stronger the enemy is that opposes us. Then the Battle Master came to our rescue, he built siege buildings in the square next to the one we were fighting in. Now, it stopped the attrition, and we were off to the races. Battle after battle, death after death, pools of blood everywhere and wrecked equipment until we won the square. By that time, my whole army was in the hospital. All I had left to fight with was one single Marching Band. I knew with the attrition we had, they didn’t stand a chance. They wanted in the last fight. They didn’t even wait for the countdown, in they went. Well, it was pretty funny watching them march through the battlefield that had once been a lush jungle. They went right up the wall of jungle of the next section and began cutting it down to the beat of the drums. They timed their machetes to the drum beat, and in they went.

We could hear screaming and shooting and drumming, this went on for a while, then silence. Out marched the Drum Major, and two serious wounded drummers. The drum major was carrying them both on a makeshift drag. I ran over and was joined by the rest of my staff, and we help him and them into the convoy back to the hospital. We were done. The next day we received 150 FPs for the fights, thirty new troops, and sixteen pieces of a statute of honor. We could use the FPs in our GBS to make the army stronger. None of us had any idea what to do with the statue pieces. The guild Battle Master came over and told us what that statue did when completed, and it would be our salvation. You see it generates FPs, goods, supplies, and will make us money. It looks like this new thing is going to be our salvation. The troops are all healed up and ready to go again. They still want revenge on the Marching Band killers.

Our new fighting cry is, “For the Band!”

KRZYKILA

With roughly 9 (I think) years of playing , I've seen a lot of greatness and a lot of friends come and go. I have forged friendships with members from guilds years ago that hold just as true today even if we are in waring guilds. I have also met the love of my life right here in FOE. We were both parents before we met, her kids being roughly the same age as my daughter. She was in the same guild as mine and we were friends for several years on FOE as well as social media sights. After we finally decided to call one another we also decided to meet in person. Mind you we were 1700miles apart. 6 months later after 40+ flights back and forth; I moved my business across the country, which later proved to be the best thing for it, and we brought our families together. We have been happy ever since and wouldn't have ever met if it wasn't for FOE

Stealmonkey

Hi Forge World! I started this game back in October '21 not really knowing what the game really was. I've been hooked since day one. Not only is the gameplay fun and exciting, but the way the game allows for player interactions is one of the best features. I have friends in my guild from all over the world. We help each other and work as a team to accomplish FOE goals. All walks of life together in one guild working as a team is a thing of beauty.

Recently I got into plundering. One of my neighbors reached out and asked if I could stop plundering them because she needed her copper for a GB she was trying to build. I responded that I would honor her request and asked if she needed some help getting goods. She let me know which goods she was short and I offered to get her the missing resources via trade. She was able to get her Galata Tower and keep future plunders at bay. It was a moment like this that highlighted the game for me. The same type of help was given to me by a stranger when I started out playing and I'm so happy I get to keep the pay-it-forward vibe going. Thank you for restoring some faith into humanity for me. Happy forging!

I have been playing FOE for almost 7 years after having played other mmporg games. I started playing during the first Easter event, where we got to give eggs to our friends. I was hooked on the game immediately and here I am still.
The most important part of this game for me are the people and the friendships I have built. The other players aren't just part of the game, they are real people with real lives and real feelings. And I am privileged to have them share their lives with me. I get to hear their successes in life and celebrate with them. I also hear about their tragedies, and I cry with them. A few that I have gotten close to have passed away and I grieve for them deeply. They brought something good into the game, and my life, and I miss them. My guild is like family to me and I love my members dearly. And I am humbled when they allow me to be part of their lives.

My Favorite Forge Moments…. Hard to narrow down to just one. I originally starting playing just to check it out and started in Houndsmoor. Then I learned a friend was playing in Langendorn so I started a city there. It was something we could do together. We found a great guild that became an online guild family. Shortly after wards the pandemic hit and due to isolation, I sought refuge in the game. I learned to enjoy the online environment and formed friendships along the way. Fast forward, I returned to my original city in Houndmoor and found a 2nd great guild. In this guild I grew and flourished raising my ARC to 80 in 2 months. I am a GBG General and now also lead power leveling. Fast forward again, Carthage was born. Myself and another guildmate from Langendorn started our own guild. We brought with us several from Langendorn.

This game has brought together people from all over the country. We have learned together, laughed together and fought together – loving every minute of it. Thanks Inno!

I began playing in December 2018 in a previous account. I was randomly assigned to Angkor, back when it was a relatively new world. I had a great time and I was drawn in immediately. I loved the historical nature of the game and was determined to be kind, honest, and fair and to advance my city as quickly as I could despite everyone telling me to hold back and build an Arc.

After trying out a few guilds that didn't work out for me, I ended up joining Last Dynasty in late May or early June 2019 - the guild leader and I remember differently. :) I work late into the evening in my job, and I would look forward to playing FoE very late at night. The guild leader kept similar odd hours as a result of caring for his ill mother who was often up late. For months, we would chat as we played and I would always insist on aging up "way too soon" yet I would always make a point of doing 64 encounters in the guild expedition and could always defend my city against attackers. Every time I aged up he thought I would need so much help from him, and I never did. Ultimately I outranked him, despite him having played longer than me and leading what was then a top 10 guild. When Birka opened up, we stayed up extra late to build new cities there - for a few minutes, I was the number one player before being overtaken and that was fun to see. We ran a guild together for a few months before we both gave up play in that world.

I left his guild, Last Dynasty, twice. The second time, the guild leader reached out to me as he wanted to continue our friendship. We began to be friends in real life, and we would call and text each other. We very quickly fell for each other and in March of 2020, just a couple of weeks before the covid lockdowns happened, I flew 300 miles to meet him in person for the first time. Since then, we traveled back and forth to see one another as often as we could - after some time, we managed to be together every third weekend - but the distance was heartbreaking. We met each other's families and grew very committed to each other and knew we had to be together. Even though I quit the game multiple times since then, initially turning a city in Oceanic Future into a floating wasteland of only my "favorite" great buildings - the Colosseum, Space Needle, Lotus Flower... :)

Fast forward to April 2021, and he put his house on the market and came to stay with me while it sold. In July 2021, he purchased a home for us to live in together in the area where I live, leaving behind his friends and family to be with me. We remain together to this day and we visit his family and hometown as much as possible. We absolutely credit FoE for our love story and for bringing us together, and there are existing players who can corroborate this story. Whether we are chosen as winners or not, playing this game together has changed our lives forever, and I can't believe I met the love of my life in this game.

chadder the great

I started playing this game while being the caregiver for my mom. She passed in 2017. I continued to play on, I was fully addicted. In 2018 i started a city on ankor which opened on march 9th my moms birthday. A friend and i started a guild [last dynasty], we slowly but surly build a top 20 guild. Since i had more time to play then he did my name was in the guild description as the person to contact if you wanted to join. I was use to playing late at night so was up and on game at 1am in June of 2019 when i received a message that would change my life forever. It was short and to the point, A player named violet wanted to join the guild. So i messaged with violet and was instantly intrigued. I would ask a question and within a minute would receive a lengthy well thought out answer. I was very impressed and brought her in. She played late at night as well and over the next few months would message back and forth every night. Her game play style was unlike anyone i had ever met, she would age up on Monday and complete GE by Thursday. As the months went on the friendship grew stronger and stronger. She left my guild in October but came back in December, we stayed in touch the entire time. Then in January of 2020 she left the guild again which caused us to examine our feelings. Very quickly we realized we were more then friends. We met in person for the first time in march of 2020 just before the covid lockdowns. We traveled to see each other every 3 weeks during lockdowns to see each other. Our love continued to grow and by april 2021 i decided to move to where she lived. I sold my house and moved. We moved into our new place in july. If it wasn't for foe I would never have met my soul mate and partner. I will forever be grateful to this game. She play under a different name now but in real life she will always be my violet

The Charlie

I started playing Forge of Empires about 3 years ago, I like the game. During the pandemic I started playing longer amounts of time, as there was no place to go, and nothing to do because of the pandemic. I smoke cigars while I play (among other things) I smoke Black and Mild cigars. Their company has a web site to enter codes found on the inner flap of the cigar box. Each code is worth $2.00 in cash, I saved 140 box tops which nets me $280 in cash, on gift cards. Pretty good deal. Anyway, I decided to buy a diamond package with my gift card. I placed the order, and then I realized that INNO was charging me SALES TAX on my purchase. Here I am in NYC, and INNO is in Hamburg Germany, and they want to charge me NY State SALES TAX??? Bottom line, I deleted my request to buy diamonds, and I used the $280 gift card at a New York City tobacco / smoke shop. I purchased 2 ounces of California Jelly Cush for $250.00 the guy gave me 2 packs of RAW rolling papers cart blanch, and the remaining $30 I used to buy one large pizza, 2 boxes of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies, 2 Liters of Pepsi, and a large bag of potato chips. And guess what... NO SALES TAX. I would have spent the entire $280 on Diamonds, but the GREED of INNO who dares to charge NY State sales tax from GERMANY???? Not gonna happen, I believe its a SCAM, because NY has NO WAY of collecting anything from GERMANY. so as we say in Brooklyn, Fugettaboutit!!!
Charles Ponzi.jpg

I had played FoE in 3 citys, deleted one, and in Usceria I had 2 other guild~mates who felt that we were doing most/all of the Guild's GE/GbG. So they talked me into starting Active Players Guild, just over a year old, got to diamond league. We're having fun now ! Having a supportive guild makes a big difference, even though running the guild takes time, the only thing I hate is booting members (activity is required, miss a week without communication ...).
Frontenac and ToR make GE/GBG even more profitable

Status
Not open for further replies.